Help Vampires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Vampires

Help Vampires are found in every public online community, from those nearest to our hearts to those furthest from our principles.

Instead of consuming of ill-gotten hemoglobin, these vampires suck the very life and energy out of people. By nature they feed on generous individuals who tend towards helping others, and leave their victims exhausted, bitter and dispirited.

Identifying Help Vampires

Identifying Help Vampires can be tricky, because they look like any ordinary person (or internet user, whichever is lesser). But by closely observing an individual's behavior using this handy checklist, you too can identify Help Vampires in the field:

* Does he ask the same, tired questions others ask (at a rate of once or more per minute)?
    * Does he clearly lack the ability or inclination to ask the almighty Google?
    * Does he refuse to take the time to ask coherent, specific questions?
    * Does he think helping him must be the high point of your day?
    * Does he get offensive, as if you need to prove to him why he should use Ruby on Rails?
    * Is he obviously just waiting for some poor, well-intentioned person to do all his thinking for him?
    * Can you tell he really isn't interested in having his question answered, so much as getting someone else to do his work?

Read more here

http://www.slash7.com/pages/vampires
    What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Re: Help Vampires

Probably not the same "vampires" that I'm familiar with ;)

| |

Comment

Originally posted by McGann View Post
      * Does he clearly lack the ability or inclination to ask the almighty Google?
      Bow! Bow down to the might of the all knowing search engine which answers all!

Seriously, just smack these vampires with urls such as www.wikipedia.com and www.google.com. Then proceed to hit the ignore button.

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google

:row__573:
        "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

HELLP!! Someone change the Map Rotation

Comment

The real question to ask is: Does he sparkle? If not, we may have a real Help Vampire on our hands. Otherwise it's just a Help Faerie.
            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by sirsolo View Post
              the real question to ask is: Does he sparkle? If not, we may have a real help vampire on our hands. Otherwise it's just a help faerie.
              real vampires don't sparkle
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                HELLP!! Someone change the Map Rotation
                There, ya happy now? :p

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

They don't sound very nice.

sigpic

Comment

I think I might fall in love with one, and have 4 books based around it

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                      I think I might fall in love with one, and have 4 books based around it
                      anybody thinking what im thinking *cough* ;)

Comment

I tested the helpfulness of the UK warfare INSURG server yesterday by asking the most n00bish questions in global that i could think of. Not a very helpful place!
                        Still though, itts my new home now as PB wont let me play for more than 20 mins at a time on the TG server :(
                        Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                          PB wont let me play for more than 20 mins at a time on the TG server :(
                          Whoa! Thats not good!

Have you tryed updating you PB? Are you using TS or mumble overlay or anything that might be interfering with PB?

Is it just TG or is it other servers?

Sometimes PB makes me sad :(

Comment

Originally posted by PaintScratcher View Post
                            Whoa! Thats not good!

Have you tryed updating you PB? Are you using TS or mumble overlay or anything that might be interfering with PB?

Is it just TG or is it other servers?

Sometimes PB makes me sad :(
                            Well ive broken my dictum of never playing on a non TG PR server because makaveli thread said he had the same problem and UK warfare worked for him. It works for me too. Ive manually updated PB several times and copied my bf2v shaders into the PR folder...or vica versa...whichever one was supposedly the fix (i found it a few weeks ago).

So far there is no none fix, its all BF 1.5's fault. Bastard!

Not using any overlays or anything like that either. Raaaaarrrrr....
                            Nihility

Comment

Tried just plane old reinstalling everything?
                              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X