Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MEC lost the war.

No, this is not a G3 bashing thread.

Let's have a little turn in the types of threads we are getting on our PR forum, and let's look at the lore of PR and have a intelligent, yet fun, discussion on this.

The MEC most likely lost the war.

Insurgency plays a big role on this assumption. Since the MEC lost the war, US and GB are occupying some of the MEC countries from the agreement of the surrender. Another thing to support this theory is the lack of MEC assault maps where the MEC are the ones on the offensive.

"Oh well I guess the G3 makes sense for the Insurgents then!"
    Yup, you're right. That's because the Cell Leaders are former Army-regulars.

But here's the the big question...
    Was China allied with the MEC?
    What happened to China?

What are your guys' opinion on this? Or what would you guys like to add?

All theories are welcome!

Re: The MEC lost the war.

I doubt China would be Allied with the MEC, there would really be no reason other than to tag-team the Allies.

Of course the MEC/insurgency is on the defensive, they are going up against the combined armies of NATO and Russia. The Chechens can be counted as part of the insurgency IMO, there are many fighting in Afghanistan/Iraq right now. My guess is that the MEC is the culmination of most Middle Eastern states, and that the Chechen campaign is the same conflict. The Chinese conflict is for a different reason, and they aren't necessarily related.

And yeah, the G3 rocks :p.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

China pulled back after they tried to invade Alaska. They realized mutually assured destruction wasn't an option. So while America was occupied with rebuilding the east coast after the MEC invaded Baltimore as well as 2 counter insurgency campaigns over seas. China and Russia solidified their alliance. As a direct result of Americas reach into the eastern hemisphere, China and Russia as well as a few Arab and Persian countries created the "Pan Asian Coalition" America fell so deep into debt with China the dollar became useless thus eliminating the currency all together. Americas debt had to be paid in Euros. Which led to America joing the European Union. Then there is a bunch of stuff about a new ice age, refugee camps in Gibraltar and of course hover tanks.
      Last edited by eD_ru$h; 10-19-2009, 03:37 PM.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

If we say that PR is simply BF2 with more realistic gameplay, naturally it makes sense to keep the same general storyline.

Comment

NATO strikes a peace accord with China, giving up on retaking Taiwan (Chinese invasion of Taiwan is the cause of the war), after realizing what a mess it [NATO] has gotten itself into with regards to the Middle East. And after realizing that China is 1/3 of the world's population, has nukes, and has a ton of NATO countries' money invested in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
            No, this is not a G3 bashing thread.

Let's have a little turn in the types of threads we are getting on our PR forum, and let's look at the lore of PR and have a intelligent, yet fun, discussion on this.

The MEC most likely lost the war.

Insurgency plays a big role on this assumption. Since the MEC lost the war, US and GB are occupying some of the MEC countries from the agreement of the surrender. Another thing to support this theory is the lack of MEC assault maps where the MEC are the ones on the offensive.

"Oh well I guess the G3 makes sense for the Insurgents then!"
            Yup, you're right. That's because the Cell Leaders are former Army-regulars.

But here's the the big question...
            Was China allied with the MEC?
            What happened to China?

What are your guys' opinion on this? Or what would you guys like to add?

All theories are welcome!
            On the front page of the NY Times about a month or two ago there was a picture of a Talibano with a G3.

My theory is that there is no correlation to China and the MEC. The two conflicts are completely separate. Now the Russian conflict with Chechnya has some correlation to the Taliban but not enough to have Russian enter Afghanistan yet again.

The MEC did in fact lose the war, especially when Saudi Arabia and Jordan publicly bashed the powers in charge and removed themselves from the floundering Middle Eastern Coalition and allied themselves in full force with the BluFor/NATO Coalition troops.

The conflict in China is still happening, with the over-looming threat that nuclear weapons will be used.

The war with Russia vs. Chechnya is over, as seen in RL on the cover of most major newspapers a month or so ago.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

China is doing what China does. Looming over the horizon, waiting for the next century. As long as the US addresses the Chinese situation and the Middle Eastern situation separately, then the MEC will find itself without allies and in a corner.

If however the US repeats its cold war policy fiasco and forces China and the MEC into the corner TOGETHER, there's no telling how long the fighting would last.

The other option is that we've got it reversed, and the reason the MEC haven't got any offensive maps is because they haven't made their push yet. Kashan could be considered the leading edge of said push if you stretch it. The INS maps could be precursors to a new Caliphate coming into power and declaring war on all those it feel are oppressing it. We don't have enough of the conflict mapped out to establish anything other than SWAGs. (Scientific wild ass guess)

Comment

I honestly don't really feel that the DEVs are attempting to follow any kind of storyline by the progression of maps/phasing out of old ones. While this would be pretty awesome, I believe they're specifically trying to avoid any storyline whatsoever.

Comment

What would the war be based on: Religion, oil, expansion of territory?

sigpic

Comment

I reckon it would be a relation breakdown. And I don't think Russia is on anyone side, they seem just interested in their own terriorty.

Comment

I am looking forward the the German forces to get involved. The Leopard tank is a powerhorse that needs to be unleashed and comes from the maker of the M1 and M1A2. Plus it will be interesting to see what maps they are included in. I have always had an affinty for H&K firearms and the German Forces I reckon will have the top of the line H&K products.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Also, there is no formal storyline this thread is merely hypothetical and gives us the chance to express our creative juices.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

I'm also thinking that the MEC didn't neccesarily lose the war, but the US has adopted a country hopping policy(Kinda like the island hopping policy used in WWII Pacific)

They invade a MEC country and force it to surrender, where they must agree to an occupation during the war. The countries armed forces are demilitarized, so the former soldiers create insurgencies across the country.

Comment

Dis my new favorite thread. <3. Speculation is allllways fun.

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post
                            What would the war be based on: Religion, oil, expansion of territory?
                            The MEC fighting would most certainly be religious in base. The other factions are more likely interested in materiel goods, (If the Russkies pushed the Chechens too hard, they may feel that they have to fight back for their very freedom)

The Chinese might be taking this opportunity to try to grab more Oil/Precious Resources. I can't imagine they'd invade Russia right off the bat. (Although that would be one hell of a map :D)

As for Germany, I guess we'll finally get to see if the actual Gun Making department can keep up with the Marketing department at H&K. No compromises, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                              I honestly don't really feel that the DEVs are attempting to follow any kind of storyline by the progression of maps/phasing out of old ones. While this would be pretty awesome, I believe they're specifically trying to avoid any storyline whatsoever.
                              Chill yer nips Star, Axis wasnt talking about what the devs were actually planning. Hes just having fun and coming up with ideas on how to connect the story purely for laughs.
                              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X