So I'm retarted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm retarted

Decided yesterday to get pr loaded on my nwe rig. I've been missing the game. Got the game loaded and started the down loads. 1.5 patch, pr core files, and pr map files. 5 + gigs of stuff yikes. So a couple hours later I get everything loaded and jump in the server. First thing I noticed my mics not working. WTF!!! I keep hitting it nothings happening. The little icon doesn't even come up. So I jump in and out of the server a few times, restarted the computer nothing. Finally I google mic issues for bf2, find something about porting wireless roughters, go threw that pain in the rear. Jump back on the server nothing. Quite, started messing with windows mic options. Join the server again. No squads to join so I make my own. Wait for someone to join and tried to talk to them. Commander keys up saying that he sees I'm trying to talk to him but its not coming thorough. Uh what, then it dawns on me I've been pressing the wrong button the intire time.

Re: So I'm retarted

Ah, I was not expecting that ending.

Comment

had the same problem when I started with ArmA. I ended up remapping the ArmA keys so they have the same function:)
      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

At least you didn't flip any vehicles during the process. Welcome back John its good to see you back in action.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Thought this was going to be about ParanoidSFguy's remarks last week. Anyway I seem to always unplug my mic on my headset when I take a drink and then wonder why no one is listening to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            At least you didn't flip any vehicles during the process. Welcome back John its good to see you back in action.
            Don't count me out yet, I'll be on tonight!!

Comment

Damn that probably would've made me kill my computer by the end of it. Nice to see you're back and play with you soon.
              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

This has happened to alllll of us. Glad you got it sorted out lol.

Comment

hehe, at least it isn't as bad as forgetting ur mumble button is your COD4 button. I kept talking for about 15mins before my mate told me everyone could hear me :P

Comment

If I remember correctly I did the same thing when I came back. Dont even remember what I was confusing it with, but it all made perfect sense after.
                    |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

You can just tab your mic and see if the icon turns red, no need to wait for other tards to join your squad :) :D

Comment

lol lol lol lol i hab the same prob since i bought left 4 dead :p

Comment

I spent 30 minutes with mumble in the wrong channel (I was in the waiting lobby) because I didn't move up to the TG channels and couldn't figure out why no one was responding. Then I did move up and spent another 15 minutes not realizing I was still muted.

I've even got the overlay working that shows when I broadcast, didn't even notice I wasn't. Sometimes feeling stupid on occasion keeps us from getting too proud of ourselves.

:D
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

lol snooggums, I done that to, but not for as long as you :)

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Beggining of round mumble muted to avoid spam:

Yes 10 minutes too realize it was still muted.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X