No announcement yet.

Mandatory Training to be required... Or as an act of punishment aside from bans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Training to be required... Or as an act of punishment aside from bans

Eureka! I think I have the solution to bad people. This is both fair to those who are asshats and those who don't know better.

OK, so when you are driving and you do something bad, you are offered traffic school. When you get out from prison, there is something called parole.

So here's what I am thinking, if you were banned or kicked, depending on the scenario, you cannot just appeal the ban on TG. Well you can but the admins will have more options. So if you were just TKing people for the hell of it, then yes, ban, no excuses. Probably for a long time.

However if its something like lack of teamwork, running people over with a humvee (guilty me) one manning, etc. They should be required to take a TGU course on whatever they did wrong and then appeal the ban. Admins would in a sense, sentence that person to like the TGU course or to time away from the server.

I though of this because some people are asshats and deserve a ban from the server. Some are just stupid and need help to be a good person.

Now in addition to use as a punishment or as a requirement to appeal certain bans. I think it should be given out as required to players that are (game-challenged).

For example, if there is a player who shows constant lack of teamwork such as (this is my experience) - driving in circles inside the mainbase, despite me asking and begging for transport, then dropping us not where we wanted to go, backing to the right tking one of us, then seeing enemy infantry fire at us with small arms but leave us there in the open.

At that time, I could complain to the admin, and that player will be sentenced to a TGU course on teamwork or like APC crewmaning. How to do a insertion. IDK something like that.

Basically I thought it would be nice to incorporate TGU courses into making players who aren't so good better and the give the opportunity for many who were banned for just a bad habit to be rehabilitated.

*Now i know theres problems with this, those who are asshats, if given the opportunity to go on a training server with mature players and TGU instructors will just screw around and ruin it for those who want to learn. So this isnt perfect, but It just a concept

****** TGU has always hat course etc, but I think that some people don't realize how much attending a course can really help them. Some pressure from admins would help.

Re: Mandatory Training to be required... Or as an act of punishment aside from bans

I think I just heard the sound of a thousand admins moaning over the work required to do something as extensive as this.

Comment

Re: Mandatory Training to be required... Or as an act of punishment aside from bans

It sounds like a great idea in theory, but in real life we can't just ship everyone off to Shangri-la when they misbehave.

As Axis said we simply don't have the logistics for something like this, not to mention 99% of the people who'd end up in this program wouldn't care enough to do anything about it anyways.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

TGU is setup to teach/allow players to broaden their minds tactically. It is strictly voluntary.

Hmmm if only there was a way to report players who are committing such infractions on the server, or a way to get on some sort of voice platform and see if an admin is around. Or even better, if there was an option already enabled in-game that would allow you to take hold of the situation/give out orders to individual squads from a Command Post.........

Here's my tip, invite those players to your squad, ask them if they have any questions, direct them to the forums etc etc etc......Create "Learn TG" squads.

Maybe even make some suggestions within the Tactical Gamer University Forums in regards to what BF2 PR Courses you would like to see offered.

Personally, I think the loading up box gives enough information as to what is expected of you, and if you want to know more, then all you have to do is type the website into your internet browser. Even Rain Man could manage that.
        Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 10-26-2009, 10:07 PM.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by csxgamerz View Post
          I though of this because some people are asshats and deserve a ban from the server. Some are just stupid and need help to be a good person.

Now in addition to use as a punishment or as a requirement to appeal certain bans. I think it should be given out as required to players that are (game-challenged).

For example, if there is a player who shows constant lack of teamwork such as (this is my experience) - driving in circles inside the mainbase, despite me asking and begging for transport, then dropping us not where we wanted to go, backing to the right tking one of us, then seeing enemy infantry fire at us with small arms but leave us there in the open.
          I think my irony meter just exploded!

The appeals process is the same thing as telling someone what they did was wrong and that they should do the opposite thing next time, just like the courts/jail. You don't make someone go to University as punishment, it is there for those who want to expand their knowledge.

You have come a long way since you first joined through simply playing with others, but just like most players you were not a team player when you joined. I am not trying to sound mean but I want you to realize that the behavior you are describing is simply new player or selfish player habits which can only be worked out by repetitive play with others who do work well as a team. Making them go through 'rehab' style punishments is not what will make them better players, either they will learn from a regular punishment or they won't and it isn't worth the admin's time to try to force someone who isn't interested into being a better player.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I agree with the others that you can't force someone to learn to have teamwork part of their game and I don't think you can have a course on not driving over people. The ban appeal process is fine how it is and if that player is someone who truely just screwed up they will stay in the community and maybe take a course voluntarly.
            |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Originally posted by csxgamerz View Post
              Eureka! I think I have the solution to bad people. This is both fair to those who are asshats and those who don't know better.

OK, so when you are driving and you do something bad, you are offered traffic school. When you get out from prison, there is something called parole.

So here's what I am thinking, if you were banned or kicked, depending on the scenario, you cannot just appeal the ban on TG. Well you can but the admins will have more options. So if you were just TKing people for the hell of it, then yes, ban, no excuses. Probably for a long time.

However if its something like lack of teamwork, running people over with a humvee (guilty me) one manning, etc. They should be required to take a TGU course on whatever they did wrong and then appeal the ban. Admins would in a sense, sentence that person to like the TGU course or to time away from the server.

At that time, I could complain to the admin, and that player will be sentenced to a TGU course on teamwork or like APC crewmaning. How to do a insertion. IDK something like that.

Basically I thought it would be nice to incorporate TGU courses into making players who aren't so good better and the give the opportunity for many who were banned for just a bad habit to be rehabilitated.

*Now i know theres problems with this, those who are asshats, if given the opportunity to go on a training server with mature players and TGU instructors will just screw around and ruin it for those who want to learn. So this isnt perfect, but It just a concept

****** TGU has always hat course etc, but I think that some people don't realize how much attending a course can really help them. Some pressure from admins would help.

I have been in management and government for about 20 years. This is what we call the GFI - Good Fu**&ing Idea - or the Magic Genie of Good Ideas (JPG attached if you haven't met him). In other words, it is a great idea, but the organization does not have available resources to execute it.

I agree that TGU would be the perfcet place for training people with poor gaming ideals. But there is a problem (several) with the idea:

1. Standards for "bad behavior" would need to be written and inforced
              2. People doing the bad things would need to be willing to do the work at TGU
              3. There needs to be massive coordination between Admins and TGU
              4. Is this just for PR or all games? TGU is not just for PR.
              5. An accounting system for forgiveness
              6. A massive influx of qualified and dedicated unpaid TGU instructors

I think the idea is a great one, but you must remember that this TG thing is a voluenteer effort on all fronts. As TGU dean, I cannot even come close to committing us to supporting more than we are already doing. The instructors are doing what they do for both fun, enjoyment and commitment - but not to uphold a system of reform for the TG or PR community.

The admins here are trying thier level best to support the community. We need your help and I think we have the best server out there because of it. If we just keep up the coordination between admins and the community of "good" gamers here at TG, we will be fine.

Not trying to blast you, but TGU is not the answer to bad players - we all are.

TMAN
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                You don't make someone go to University as punishment, it is there for those who want to expand their knowledge.
                Exactly.

I think the current "ban and let them come explain" system is best. People that abuse the privilige (and it is a privilige to play with the best here) need to think about it while not being allowed to play here. If they don't want to come back, that is fine. I am sure we won't miss them. If they want to come back and think about the idea of using TG to play a mature game, that is even better... If they want to then come to TGU to learn from the best, even better.

That is my 10 cents worth, after the 20 cent rant you got before....

:row__642:
                sigpic

Comment

How about a 1000 word essay which outlines what the primer, SOP's and rules regarding PR @ TG are about, and how "you" (not implying any specific person) plan on being a conducive part of the TG PR gaming community.

Essay should include:
                  What you got out of the Primer, SOP's, and Rules regarding PR.
                  How this is beneficial as a whole to PR @ TG.

Essay should be proof read before submitting.

^Above should or shouldn't be taken seriously, though if you write an essay and if you have been banned, chances are you will know that it doesn't require much to be able to play PR @ TG and more importantly you will know how "you" can in the future be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

How about we just leave the system as it is now? The admins do a great job of handling problem players, and anyone who gets banned has to appeal the ban before they can get back in. The system works just fine.

Furthermore, any way you slice it, this proposal creates a mountain of new work for a group of people. Also, TGU isnt a prison camp. The TGU instructors are volunteers who run classes on their own schedule. It would be preposterous to expect them to take on all this extra responsibility that they never signed on for in the first place. Nevermind the fact that theres about a million ways to get banned from the server, and TGU courses dont even come close to covering them all, nor should they.

Bottom line: like communism, the theory is good, but it has absolutely no feasible real world application. What we have is fine. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Comment

Who rated this thread so poorly?
                      I don't think it's a bad discussion at all. The OP had an idea that was seriously flawed, but his intentions were good. The responses, with the exception of a few, have been mature and without the weak use of sarcasm

These are not the realitymod.com forums; we should be more inclined to dialogue, not the adversarial debate mindset that dominates western cultures and education.

Comment

ok... this is one reason why i sometimes get so pissed at you all... this was just a topic of my curiosity. Just was curious but i get the same **** everytime. If you have a imput whether positive r negative.. post it... but now its getting to be like im being attacked. Nothing is wrong with the system we have. Im not saying that we need change... Im curious what people think about the topic.... keyword about topic... keyword TOPIC not my opinion... however you percieve this is whatever.. close it if its too f'ed up....

Randy... dont take this topic up your but...

im just getting grrrrrr.... :((((((
                        csxgamerz

Comment

[email protected] forums. Too true, too true.

| |

Comment

and that was support of the fact that im a 18 year old niave little boy...

ive now read the posts... a few things..

no i have not ran anyone over lately...

i didnt mean that randy.. im a bit angry....

yes i was a little anti team person and i sometimes still are but thanks to everyone at the community.. i have seen the other side... hence i now know what it feels like to play with myself...

What my overall point is that a lot of people with problems can be helped. YES!!! all of us are in place to help with the learn TG squads and what not... I am however talking about the people that make a squad... with their little buddy... do some stupid stuff... leave the server.... rage quit... idk....

its those people that i want to be like "either you can come to my squad.. learn the ropes... etc... or you can leave and never come back if your gonna play like that...

*i need to stop making posts like this... it is a public post after all... having been a yearbook editor myself.. i wouldnt do this .... ugh.. im so confused...

sorry.. well idk... ugh
                            csxgamerz

Comment

Gentlemen, this was a legitimate idea and you don't have to jump all over him for it.

Also .. a parole term is not a bad idea. Say .. a ban = 3 month parole, and another ban within that time = a year's ban.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X