Bad PR habits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad PR habits

What bad habits do you have trouble stifling?

For me, the most egregious is probably that I tend to spaz when surprised by the enemy. Add this to the fact that I keep my thumb hair-trigger on the jump button, and you end up with some embarrassing situations that seem an awful lot like you're bunnyhopping.

Re: Bad PR habits

When skud starts babbling incoherently, I get this overwhelming urge to pull out my knife and go for the jugular.

Comment

Not playing enough PR for one....

Zooming out right when I see hostiles in my crosshairs for another.
      |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Crouching when facing an enemy, when I should hit insta-prone like everyone else....

Comment

^ too true, especially when within 10 feet of each other
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

hit the mousewheel unintentionally and pull out a menacing shovel...

Comment

Walking around with my caps-lock map up all the time so I get shot in the face by someone 15 meters in front of me.

Comment

Turning any area I receive AT fire into a free-fire zone. I've managed to kill a few friendlies sneaking up onto an enemy H/AT.

Comment

Playing with those fun assets too much.
                  |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

- When a CO is present, not sending up SITREP's or requesting tasking, and just ignoring that the CO is there. Not too often one steps up, and when he does we act like hes invisible, then go on later to complain that CO is useless etc. It starts with communication and if you willing to work with him, it can be very good games :)

- Not assessing a situation properly before acting. Moving too rashly into unknown territory without a clear plan of action, and then when the shooting starts, not acting fast enough with a clear plan.

- Moving too fast for your own squad, without giving them orders they are only following your lead, and then when you see them way behind, getting angry that they are slow, when its actually yourself that didnt give them proper orders and time for them to execute such orders. Learning to slow down a bit and break bad habit of just go go go go from BF2 is definitely a hard thing for alot of players, myself inc.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                      - Moving too fast for your own squad, without giving them orders they are only following your lead, and then when you see them way behind, getting angry that they are slow, when its actually yourself that didnt give them proper orders and time for them to execute such orders. Learning to slow down a bit and break bad habit of just go go go go from BF2 is definitely a hard thing for alot of players, myself inc.
                      Ditto. Getting upset that they don't see that yellow arrow and move to it like I told them to, but the problem is that I'm already half way there because I know where I want us to go and they are not mind readers.

M....U....S....T S....L....O....W D....O....W....N

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

crashing myself by placing a fb, razorwire, foxhole, ... and 1 sec before i do it i was thinking it will not fit where i want it. (or not warn others in the area)

switching to pistol in close combat and fighting then with a shovel cause i am crewman or so.

shooting too fast, not waiting for deviation settle down.
                        Last edited by Bullseye2550; 11-11-2009, 09:59 AM.

| | | |

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                          Ditto. Getting upset that they don't see that yellow arrow and move to it like I told them to, but the problem is that I'm already half way there because I know where I want us to go and they are not mind readers.

M....U....S....T S....L....O....W D....O....W....N
                          I do the same thing while driving in vehicle squads, I place a marker and hit the gas and get annoyed they aren't keeping up.

While a squad member I will often get an idea of where the SL wants to go but not notice when he changes direction without a new marker and end up far from the squad just because I'm watching my front instead of them.

I also can't find the way up steep slopes and have to go the loooooooong way around.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                            crashing myself by placing a fb, razorwire, foxhole, ... and 1 sec before i do it i was thinking it will not fit where i want it. (or not warn others in the area)

switching to pistol in close combat and fighting then with a shovel cause i am crewman or so.
                            You stole mine. The shovel thing is great, I've even had other people do it to me. I still think the deployed shovel should give you a deflection bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                              shooting too fast, not waiting for deviation settle down.
                              Yep, I'm really bad at that :(

Reminding the squad to adjust their spawns to a FB or rally, then 2secs later spawning at main. :row__639:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X