Kit Priority

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit Priority

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Being how most of the times I end up as a medic in a squad because no one else wants to do it, I've always wondered what the general opinion is on kit priority.It's very demotivating to always try to get fellow squad members up but when the medic goes down it seems that no one in the squad feels obligated to get him up.The tendency is (especially on open field maps where the enemy is engaged over long distances )the medics K/D ratio is almost always negative.
    Is there any policy concerning picking up downed kits, and if so, which kits are priority?
    It would seem that preserving the medic "element" would be more important then having just one person be medic.The same for HAT, LAT and so on.

Re: Kit Priority

For me ad my squad the most important kits to pick up if someone goes down would be:medic, HAT, LAT, AA, Combat Engy(I rarely have this kit in my squad though), then any other remaining specialty kits. But picking up the medic kit is definetly the first priority unless there are special cirumstances like the area is overrun with no chance of revives, then get the special requestable kit and run away, or there is a tank pinning the area down and both the medic and HAT kits are down, I would probably go for loseing two tickets and possibly being able to kill a tank rather then reving with a tank watching the area.
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

From my personal experience people usually try to save the medic aswell as the special kits. More often than not the medic gets (or should get) killed by a flanker, who can down a few squad mates in the process. Due to this the kit just disappiers before anyone can reach it, or the rest of the squad is unable to pick the kit because they are pinned down by the enemy from another direction.

I personally try to get the medic (and special kits) up if Im the closest sm and not pinned down. If I happen to have an important special kit, say HAT, I will consider what to do. Initially Ill hope for some of the non-special guys to go for the medic. If Im the last up by some freak chance, I might go for the medic. Depends on the situation.

From my own point of view about medicking, the SMs usually have tried to get me up. Even the SLs, no problem. Sometimes you just have to weight the loss of the medic to the overall situation. One ticket loss vs. six ticket loss combined with enemy/friendly armour presence and a hundred other variables.
      [S7]Hablos
      Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

As a career medic and occasional SL, I can say without question that the medic is the single hardest class in the game to play. If you dont have a negative K/D (i frequently have a k/d in the range of 0-10 or so), you're not playing it right and probably not doing your job. But k/d shouldnt mean squat to a medic. The measure of a good medic is to look at the scoreboard and see that 5 of the top 10 people on the team scorewise are medics with crappy k/d ratios. Its an inglorious, tedious and brain wracking job if played correctly. Plus, you have 0 chance of being able to laser-beam someone with a saw or blow the crap out of someone with a rocket, so its not as much fun to your run of the mill player.

As an infantry SL, my kit importance is as follows:
        Medic
        Rifleman
        AR
        Specialty Kits

Now, I put specialty kits at the very bottom for one reason: you can do without them. You're always going to need the medic for dead people. You're always going to need the rifleman for ammo. Having an AR is nice, but not always necessary. Having a specialty kit is something you *might* get to use if you're in the right place at the right time, but its not worth the hassle unless you're going for something mission-specific.

Comment

Personally, I'm glad and happy to take the medic kit. Sure, I'd be fine with rushing the enemy with an AR but knowing that my team members depend on me makes the game more fun. Personally, if a medic goes down, they are the NUMBER ONE kit to get because that way, you can get that guy up instead of having him respawn. Next, is the HAT or LAT because you need to take out enemy armor or the armor is going to take you out. Then you get AR to get suppressive fire and the rest is pretty much whoever wants it gets it.

Comment

As a daytime hooker I'd have to prioritize as follows:

Sniper
            Combat Engineer
            Sniper
            HAT
            Sniper
            Officer

Comment

The medics or other important kits in my squad are almost always in the rear, staying safe. If we're covering a building everyone except the Medic covers a door, while they hide inside. The medic/HAT should never be the first to go down, and if by some unfortunate incident he does, I tell everyone to drop what they're doing and grab that kit!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

If your the medic the first person you get up is the SL unless you are an equipment specific squad, i.e. you have the HAT and need it up desperately.
                If your not the medic and pick up his kit go for the medic then the SL. You will probably get a lot of people with requestable kits screaming for you to get them up, ignore them, as Ferris says they are time and place kits, they are not essential. All the time the SL is down you have lost your leader, if he can't see the battlefield he cannot plan or issue orders.

Once you get people and they are healed, get thwem away from you away, they should be forming a perimeter, you don't want a 'one nade takes all' situation.

When a squad is virtually all down don't be afraid to take charge in conjunction with your SL, you are the medic they are the patients, it is your time to shine!

Comment

For me it's medic, SL and any special kit (or at least cycling it until they can spawn back in).

Comment

I will more than gladly grab a medic kit and revive the medic, however if the medic is in the open, and there is no clear shot of grabbing the kit and getting back to safety before being shot and killed/grabbing the kit reviving, and getting back to safety before being killed, then you might have to wait a while until you are revived.

If a medic goes down and a HAT guy is near, only if it is clear will I have the HAT guy take the medic kit and revive, from my personal experience Armor has either crept up just as something like this his happening, or I have told the HAT guy to stay put.

At the beginning of rounds, I will ask for players not to spawn in, and then kindly ask for Medic, riflemen, AR volunteers. On certain insurgent maps, I will also ask that no bluefor squad members spawn as AR. No use in letting the enemy get a hold of the scoped AR, and also asking players to drop their field dressings is helpful too (leadmagnet, I thank you for that suggestion).
                    Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 11-11-2009, 04:28 PM.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Medic! Priority one.....

One thing I have noticed lately that irks me is when I have the AR kit and go down some other guy in the squad will run over and grab the kit without saying anything and run off which usually prevents me from respawning with it.

Comment

For the most part it is map and situation dependent. Guys who are not mission critical(like all those stupid blue guys) get the short end of the stick.
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

If you mean priority in picking up a downed special kit, I would say anyone that you can safely get to and be effective with. It's not worth picking up a downed Medic or HAT kit if you're just going to get killed before you can use it.

If you're just talking about kit priorities on the battlefield, I would say Medic and HAT, depending on the map and availability of kits.

Comment

I'd say medic, other members can cycle kits possibly. That way you can save kits and lives. If the fighting is too hectic, and I mean really down the crapper, the things like HAT would come.

In normal infantry engagements where your smoking some baddies in a city, I'd say Medic, Medic, Medic.

sigpic

Comment

I usually don't have negativ kdr as a medic,
                              because of people trying to reach the kit to get me up to save this one important ticket ;)
                              anyways.. I agree with chris, it depends on the situation which kits you save
                              and which you leave on the ground
                              |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed