What Video Settings Do You Use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Video Settings Do You Use

Since downloading and implementing the ctrl-alt+del hotfix for PR, and using Anti Aliasing I haven't quite been completely happy with my current settings.
    Just to give you an idea of my computer, listed below are some graphics/sound card info:
    I have a Radeon X1600 PRO video card, SB X-FI (kudos to Pancho) and over 3gigs of RAM gigs of ram, it's a typical Dell desktop with a normal LCD Flat Screen monitor.

What settings do you guys use? If you could also list your Anti-Aliasing settings if you use it, it would be appreciated.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: What Video Settings Do You Use

1680x1050 Highest settings with 8xAA, Ultra-high EAX enabled audio - This is a four year old game now. Not sure what your asking for here - Do you not like your quality, your performance?

Comment

I run at 1100x960(Or whatever that resolution is), with everything on either high or medium. I have AA off because it my game it just causes too much fustration with it on(lower Framerates, crashes, and the whatnot.)

I have a Radeon HD 4670 512MB card, with 3GB of RAM, and a AMD Phenom quadcore that runs at 2.21Ghz. I will be upgrading sometime this year hopefully. Running at 30FPS on big, not computing heavy maps like Kashan, while dragging my feet at around 10FPS on Insurgency maps really suck. I love Korengal, but I can't get the best experience because most of the time I am around 10FPS which is basically slide-show mode to me.

Comment

1920x1280, 4x AA, everything on high on a 47" LCD HDTV.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
          1680x1050 Highest settings with 8xAA, Ultra-high EAX enabled audio - This is a four year old game now. Not sure what your asking for here - Do you not like your quality, your performance?
          Pretty much, I just got the hotfix, and couldn't remember the settings I had before but also wasn't really sure if AA made that big of a deal or with a non widescreen monitor if it is that important, plus with the different settings if I should keep them on the high part for textures or lighting and med-low on other options.

Yes it is a four year old game but with the new maps and vegatation layouts in this version and future onesi want to see/be on the same or similar page as others in regards to graphic settings.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

We also have a problem of the devs not optimizing the maps for better performance. Half the time if you look in one direction your FPS can go down by atleast 30, and that's not good when I can barely put out 30.

Comment

I had the same card as you do before I changed to 4850. I had run it at 1440x900 with no anti aliasing, and everything else on high. I did experience some problems whilst lot of dust was present (Chopper take off/landing), everything else worked like a charm. No lagging with the 4850 now.

Comment

I max everything out , AA 8X
                game runs smoothly but my main prob is my internet connection.I need to get a better router to run QOS.
                AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual
                Core Processor 5200+
                2.70 GHz,2.00 GB of RAM
                GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

1920x1080, max on everything

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

1280*1024 (19 inch 5:4) everything maxed
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                      Pretty much, I just got the hotfix, and couldn't remember the settings I had before but also wasn't really sure if AA made that big of a deal or with a non widescreen monitor if it is that important, plus with the different settings if I should keep them on the high part for textures or lighting and med-low on other options.

Yes it is a four year old game but with the new maps and vegatation layouts in this version and future onesi want to see/be on the same or similar page as others in regards to graphic settings.
                      Choose a map that wreaks your computer (Fallujah?) and test your settings. Start with the highest you think you can achieve, and work down. I'd recommend taking down shadows, geometry, lighting and AA down first. AA is very nice, but quiet expensive. Appearance is subjective, how else would some ladies find men. I'd play around with it, and see what you prefer to trade off for performance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing

Comment

I'm a big fan of this guide
                        http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

Haikus are easy.
                        But sometimes they don't make sense.
                        Refrigerator.

Comment

Bf2 Independant settings: All settings high, 8x anti-aliasing, full view distance. I use a GTX 285 Graphics card with i7 core 920, no overclock. Resolution is 1920x1080 60Hz. Runs at FPS lowest around 25-30 highest 90-100. That's without Vsync. On Fallujah 62 players FPS can drop to 30's. I'm very happy with it. Oh and no sound card, runs off the motherboard audio, it's good.
                          Last edited by Berlancic; 11-16-2009, 03:34 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Maxed the hell out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Res 1024x768, all options low or off... Only thing maxed out is the view distance. Curse this old tincan.
                              "We may be pirates, but we aren't barbarians. We'll let them keep the toilet paper."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X