No Rally Point Poll - PR .874b

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Rally Point Poll - PR .874b

Ok, it has been 2 weeks since the start of the No Rally Beta test, and I thought that with the test now half way done, it would be useful to get a look at how people feel about the gameplay changes. Please bear in mind that this thread is not for feedback; to post feedback please go to this thread.

Here, please only answer the question: Would you currently be in favour of implementing the Beta changes into the next release of PR?

The purpose of this thread is to get a snapshot of the opinion of players on the TG server, so as to not require going through the multiple pages in the existing feedback thread. This pole will automatically close after a 3 day period. It would also be nice to open a new poll at the end of the Beta to see how, if at all, opinions have changed.
    Yes, I am.
    52.69%
    No, I am not.
    24.73%
    I am still undecided.
    22.58%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by disposableHero; 11-18-2009, 08:10 AM.

Re: No Rally Point Poll

Personally I'm still undecided.

Without the RP scheme it means a HELL of alot more teamwork is required for moving in groups, often a commander needs to be present to organise transport and many other things.
    These are good attributes bringing the community together.

One thing I don't like is that without the rally's or teamwork within a team even when you actively promote it you cant get the support you require. So I often see it's TG players who are having to take up the transport jobs to run them properly and not get caught up in the whole fight but rather to act as a team. This is a great show of respect from TG but still, it can be annoying in a server full of pubbies...

Comment

I say hell yeah, though various tweaks would make it better.

Comment

I voted no, mainly because a lot of the maps doesnt work really well with this gameplay change, they werent designed for this, Yes it does ask more teamplay and strategy, but the thing is most of the player never had any military training nor have any strategic sense, you will always have people tard rushing a flag and then get slaughtered.

Also, most of the insurgent map doesnt work very well with the no rally change, removing insurgent is not an option inmy opinion,

Nah rally should be put back in place but with more restriction!
        sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

I voted yes because it really increases the teamwork which is awesome. Even though insurgency is a little harder for US it also means that there won't be as many squads just tard rushing from one spot over and over again. It does require a little more thinking and it also requires a good medic in your squad.

Comment

A well timed poll, thanks for creating it! Yes, all the way - On a condition that we need more maps, and insurgency side needs tweaks.

Comment

From TG, yes, from most others, nope.

Comment

yes...I LIKE!!!!!

Comment

I followed instructions.....voted.....left no feedback here... :)

Comment

I think they should go but only if some tinkering is done with how firebases get overrun. I suppose for insurgency maps you could keep RPs in but again it would get quite complicated with how you are going to keep the whole experience balanced.

Comment

I voted to remove rallies.

Re: Insurgency problems.
                      There's several options as FOBs are just arty bait anyway.

1km maps have rallies and no FOBs (Korengal/Falliujah).
                      2/4km maps have 2 or more BluFor bases (a main base with heavy vehicles and choppers, forward bases with no vehicles or light ones like humvees). Korengal could even have Outpost as a permanent FOB and a tiny DOD with a one second slay to keep insurgents from camping within the walls.

Heck, when the BluFor base was moved on the other insurgent map from the middle to the NE corner that map was improved greatly. There's lots of options that don't require rallies but give the Blufor a chance to get into the field.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                        I followed instructions.....voted.....left no feedback here... :)
                        +1 for Wookie.

That's all we need are multiple feedback threads.

Thanks for reading AND comprehension, Wookie!

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                        I will create a feedback thread for the changes. Please post in that thread for discussions here. We only need 1 thread for this topic, so any other new threads related to this change will be shut down and merged with the feedback thread.

[EDIT]

BTW - this isn't me trying to be a jerk, just trying to keep feedback comments consolidated to one thread. The poll is a good idea and seeing if the numbers change over time would be interesting. We should have started one when the testing started as well to gauge how the opinions may have changed over time.

[/EDIT]
                        Last edited by disposableHero; 11-15-2009, 02:44 PM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Agreed Dispo. I started this thread with the express intention that it was to gather poll information only. You may, if you like, provide a short explanation for your answer to the poll, but please keep all feedback in the feedback thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
                            Agreed Dispo. I started this thread with the express intention that it was to gather poll information only. You may, if you like, provide a short explanation for your answer to the poll, but please keep all feedback in the feedback thread.
                            disco, the poll you made is straightforward. The other rp feedback thread is a perfect arena to say why you did or didn't vote yes or no or undecided.

It's simple, just vote no need to explain yourselves, this isn't communist Russia, or ACORN USA yet.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I voted yes, I am.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement