The Ocean, the Sky, and the Mob; I've Got the Blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ocean, the Sky, and the Mob; I've Got the Blues

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    The Ocean, the Sky, and the Mob; I've Got the Blues
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

I know you've missed me and my brilliant, incredible threads
    ((#1), (#2)); so I've come to please yet again. I've come to share my expert knowledge and not-so-common sense. I've come with my intensifying, infinite wisdom and unmistakable amazingness. This ladies and gentlemen, boyscouts, chiefs, and lessers, is what the fans want. This is it.

In my last post (see brilliant, incredible hyperlink #2 above), I took note of the direction of Project Reality, and just like my other thread (see brilliant, incredible hyperlink #1), I did so by making suggestions as to how to find success in game. At the risk of changing something that clearly got my point across exactly as I intended, I've decided to take a new approach to articulating my brilliance. In this thread I will simply make observations. These are my observations influenced by those I've played with in game.

Perhaps the lengthiness of my previous posts has diluted my intended message (as it was clearly lost based on early responses), so I'll keep this one as short as possible.

Let us pray.

Without further adieu, the apparent definition of teamwork as defined by this mod, not those who created it:
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Teamwork is what happens when everyone on the entire team
    (excluding the specialty squads: helicopter transport, close air support, and leet sniper),
    is in close proximity and engaging similar targets.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Please, allow me to consult my omniscient thisisbull$hit stamp:

Quite the contrary of teamwork, this is what has become known as... THE B
    LUE MOB

There's no easy way to say this so I'm just gonna say it. If you're not sitting down, now is the time to do so.
    The blue mob wins in PR. Teamwork is not needed to function as a blue mob. Therefore, teamwork is not needed to win in PR.

I'll wait.

I'm sure most of my thorough readers will find instant fault in this, so if you haven't already posted, allow me to elaborate. Again, by observation- not direction, instruction, suggestion, or similar:
    • Just because I'm shooting the same guy as someone else, it doesn't mean the two of us are working together. I can't emphasize this point enough.
    • Just because i get shot in the head from a 200 round, scoped sniper rifle and don't die and have 5 minutes to be revived and a blue guy revives me, it doesn't mean we're working together. Blue medics only heal green guys they stumble across- plain and simple. Good thing we have at least 3 medics in the mob and plenty of time to wait for Sgt. Smurf to stroll by....

I'd like to conclude this OP with a few remarks concerning the movement toward limiting or eliminating rally points.

I understand the motivation for the changes, but I have since found nothing except what I've expected. I won't get into the nitpicky details (like how "APC trans" squads are still anything but and how the whole idea promotes the blue mob; or how player impatience inevitably sacrifices all vehicles from main as blue guys would rather uninstall than walk for five minutes to meet up with their squad), but the ultimate problem with this mod is that it relies on a vBF2 player base to function.

This mod enables the stat-whores of vBF2 to better vehicles and more respect for attaining CommandoSEAL-like KDRs.

This mod relies on the average player's willingness (or lack thereof) to make sacrifices which benefit the greater good. It just ain't happenin'

*Thank you for giving me the opportunity to play this mod. It was fun while it lasted :Salute:

May the biggest mob win.

Re: The Ocean, the Sky, and the Mob; I've Got the Blues

I... I... I think.. you've just made a fan!

\o/

Brilliantly done and written :)

<hits virtual +1 button repeatedly>

Comment

Theres a significant advantage from proper coordination but its much easier to just swarm instead and gain an incidental advantage.

The former is much rarer then the latter case but it does exist in some games and thats why pr is worth playing, sometimes the game is unique even if pub games are in the majority similar to bf2

One of the examples pics you give of south bridge has two separate groups attacking different areas of the flag, the northern group would be elevated I think.
      The game naturally focuses forces on flags and that flag is tight due to the land formation, its hard to say exactly

People are always going to do whatever is easiest. People get bored and go looking for kills, they are playing this game for entertainment so that is not realistic exactly.
      The only way to combat that would be give a great advantage or force multiplier to those who make an effort but this is a hassle in a pub squad or even regular formal squads.

That advantage does exist in the game, I think your argument is a bit defeatist. It can always be improved but I didnt spot any suggestions there.

I can remember losing south village on kashan but eventually capping out the usmc main flag, that was from a good cas squad with two spotters and proper pacing to the laser targeting also a good tank squad.
      The gunner got 100 kills, the pilot got none, the spec ops got none, squad leader got none so the kdr argument isnt always true.

The cost of losing a vehicle could be countered by losing 10 kills maybe, if it matters so much maybe thats a good way to force respect.
      People would just get out of the vehicle before it blew up though probably, its never going to be perfect so mostly its about what you looking for

I wouldnt bother playing if that ability to turn the tide in game wasnt there, this is an old engine now and played to death, etc

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

The pictures aren't very representative of your point of view.

At most I see about 9 guys moving together.

The picture of Fools Road has a firebase under all the troops and they died a lot.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

While the blue mob does have it's advantages and is a rather cheap tactic that doesn't really display any teamwork, it's up people who try to find tactics in the game (such as yourself... oh wait) to deal with said issue. If you're willing to lead a platoon (multiple squads through the use of mumble/ts), why not at least try to exercise tactics. Simple things such as having one squad surpress/cover while the other moves up can work and has worked for me in the past.

You say that blue mobs are invincible. They are hard to beat, but it can be done. Why not try getting multiple fireteams on the mob's flanks or have an asset flank them. Fall back to a more defensible/concealed positions while an MG and some other guy sets up on the flank of the defensive line. Try pressing "4" or requesting a UGL kit. They can be beaten, you just have to actually try and think.

Everytime you make one of these "glorious" threads, you basically insult the game and its playerbase. If you really wanted to enjoy yourself in the game, you might try doing something constructive instead of being a whiner.
          Last edited by Googol; 11-19-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

This thread is not a demonstration of brilliance.

All I see is whining.

I don't ever see you lead effective squads.
            I don't ever see you in the SL mumble channels.
            I don't ever see your name on the top squads.
            I don't ever see you post much other than these kind of threads.
            I don't ever see you contribute to the TG community, yet you're willing to come here to vent.
            Skud

Comment

I dunno guys, I thought it was neat, even though I disagree..

Lighten up a bit.

Comment

All the man is doing is making a point. Don't damn him if it's true.
                The way things aught to be are hardly ever what they are. That's all he's trying to say. PR abides by this rule even if it tries hard not to.

Comment

I like blue mobs. It was entertaining read though.
                  sigpic
                  I'm Back.

Comment

You're a flippin' moron! Can you imagine if Rambo hadn't won Veitnam for America! It's all about being selfish! Selfishness leads to victory, kills, and medals! Go post on our own forums... no one reads them!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      I don't ever see you lead effective squads.
                      I don't ever see you in the SL mumble channels.
                      I don't ever see your name on the top squads.
                      I don't ever see you post much other than these kind of threads.
                      I don't ever see you contribute to the TG community, yet you're willing to come here to vent.
                      - "we" tend to do everything that the "team" isn't doing, but should be doing.
                      - mumble has too much chatter.
                      - blue mob + flag hopping = higher score.
                      - they are informative and funny.
                      - he's poor, because he had to buy a new wheelchair.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBandSaw View Post
                        - mumble has too much chatter.
                        It doesn't matter. It's necessary for coordination between SLs. That's the reason the SL channel exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                          It doesn't matter. It's necessary for coordination between SLs. That's the reason the SL channel exists.
                          Then why didn't EA put it in the game?

Comment

Because EA is gay, this is PROJECT REALITY and not BATTLEFIELD 2, and positional audio for voip is a relatively new idea/technology?

Comment

Seriously? You must be trolling. EA is a PUBLISHER, not a development firm. Secondly, you must understand that Project Reality itself is third party.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X