Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• al muthana WIP, Rudd would like your input

Hello chaps, thought I'd let you in on how things are going

the map is essentally finished in terms of staticobjects, overgrowth, ambient effects, triggerable effects etc. However there are currently some bugs, mainly to do with the roads and colortexture on the ground. Now, rest assured that I shall destroy these bugs without mercy so that I can get this map finished on time.

here is a minimap thats a little old now, but gives you the layout pretty good.
    http://img297.imageshack.us/f/minimappreview2.jpg/

here are some quick screenshots, be aware that I can't show you the LMed version due to some problems with the textures atm, ignore any black textures.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98472321-4.jpg
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98472953-4.jpg
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98473291-4.jpg
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98473338-4.jpg
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98473354-4.jpg
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98473373-4.jpg

I've only finalised the 64 version atm, the 32 version and 16 are yet to be done.

GB

at the occupied VCP (with temp spawn)
    3 Challengers (non respawn)
    1 warrior (non respawn)
    1 scimitar (non respawn)

at british main (with perm spawn)
    1 logistic truck
    1 Chinook
    1 Lynx
    2 Apaches (20min delayed)
    4 Challengers (20min delayed)
    2 warriors (10min delayed)
    2 Stormers (10min delayed)
    1 logistic truck (10min delayed)

MEC

at the mec bunkers (with temp spawn point)
    1 BDRM armed (non repawn)
    1 BDRM support (non respawn)
    1 Logistic truck (non respawn)

at the military airport bunkers (with temp spawn)
    1 BTR-60 (non respawn)
    1 BMP-3 (non respawn)
    2 T-72s (non respawn)
    1 logistic truck (non respawn)

at the mec security bureau (in the city with a temp spawn (the smoke plumed place :P)
    1 UAZ

MEC main (with perm spawns)
    3 T-72s (20min delayed spawn)
    2 BMP-3s (20min delayed spawn)
    1 BTR-60 (10min delayed spawn)
    1 Mi17 (10min delayed spawn)
    2 Havoks (20min delayed spawn)
    2 Gaskins (10min delayed spawn)
    2 logistic trucks

I am pretty certain that 32 is going to be a very unique layer featuring a MiG, but it will be a tricky balance.

16 is going to be an assortment of light vehicles, my thinking is BDRM supports mixed with BDRMs vs rovers and helicopters, BDRM may be a infrequent vehicle in favour of mec version of the FAV if balance is bad. (i.e. 0.87 kashan 16)

I hope you like the look of the map, trust me any problems are not from lack of effort. Any suggestions (reasonable please lads) are welcome, I think you boys are going to enjoy this alot as a kind of fusion of Kashan, Al Kufrah and EJOD desert- hopefully only the good parts of them all :D

I leave you with a sneak peek at my other primary project called jungle fire
    Big Mac Hill
    http://img3.imageshack.us/i/stuffe.jpg/

I will not be answering questions on the last teaser

Could an admin be so kind and paste this post to the first page :)

[MOD}Done - dispo[/MOD]
    Last edited by disposableHero; 06-01-2010, 04:56 PM.

Re: al muthana WIP, Rudd would like your input

Downloading now and later I am going to try it myself. Just from the screenies looks interesting especially the bunker complexes(underground tunnels hopefully :)), if you need anyone to help test the map in a larger version i would be happy to play it but I can't do anything technical.
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

"I can't do anything technical. "

no worries, the most technical thing I'm asking of people is "if you see a bug/problem, take a screenshot with the map up so I know where it is"

Comment

If you want some help, I _can_ do things technical. I was working on a map of my own but I'd certainly be interested in hopping onboard with someone else's project, it might be easier for a first map project ;)

We could even maybe set up a subversion repository for the files.

Comment

Just a general thing to keep an eye on; don't build bases on lower ground totally dominated by surrounding hills. Many maps have bases and defenses in valleys (many on qinling, kashan, ...). Basically the bases and defenses are in tactically worthless positions, but you still have to get in there and defend them although they aren't spots you would naturally defend.

Operation archer's fortress and caves on the hilltops are good examples of how it should be, the US base on that map is the best example of how it shouldn't be. If it weren't for the zone of death, it would be totally indefensible. That is why they had to tweak the map there.

Comment

Download the map and have a look

There is actually only 1 area that is raised in the entire map, and there is a FOB on top of it.

Comment

It sucks. I hate it. Your a noob.

Now that that's out of the way. I'll D/L tonight and check it out this weekend.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Unfortunately Im getting a lot of Kashan vibe. A lot of the things look pretty copy-pasted in my opinion. Multi complex bunkers, singled out villages in the middle of nowhere, etc.

Im not too sure. There needs to be something drastic to make it a distinctively different map.
                |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

I don't like the mostly-flat area. in the bunker complex though There should be SOME terrain variation for infantry combat to be better.

As for the "Kashan" feel.. I'd actually like to see something like this replace or at least complement Kashan. It's a different map.

Now what would be REALLY cool is if you put in enough villages and points of interest to make it AASv3.

If that was the case, and there were enough points of interest for random AAS, it'd be a winner for sure.

Comment

needs moar view distance,
                    idk it feels like im playing on kashan but with qwai view distance

Comment

double post (internet being slow...)

Comment

You could add some greenery and some more rocks, maybe along a dried out riverbed to give some variation on the map. More like a savanna, sparsely with trees in between rocky hills.

Comment

I'll d/l and take a look at it Rudd. I've followed it on RealityMod and I think it is promising. I don't think it matters if it is a desert like Kashan or not, just as long as it has some interesting terrain and can host some quality fighting.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I will most certainly have a look for you Rudd, it's always fun to see big maps! Thanks for letting us have a sneak peak.

Comment

Why don't you put an oasis instead of the bunkers ? Perhaps a knoll so Armor can't roll up ? That would make this map even more enjoyable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X