This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No rally point feedback thread - .874d

Post your feedback on the latest version of the changes here.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: No rally point feedback thread - .874d

Below are the changes and reasons.

Originally posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
    The Project Reality Team has been conducting, during this month of November, a public beta test on a select number of community servers to test gameplay changes to the spawning mechanics of the mod. You can read more about it in the previous news posts.

Although the month is almost over, we still want to test some new changes, so we appreciate any feedback you can continue to give on those as well.

The grouped changes since 0.874 are:
    1. Lowered maximum spawn penalty from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
    2. Raised the maximum number of Forward Outposts available from 4 to 6.
    3. Forward Outposts can be built 200m apart (decrease from 300m).
    4. Forward Outposts can be built with one supply crate instead of two.
    5. Deployable assets (HMGs, AAs, Foxholes, etc) require two supply crates do build.
    6. Deployable assets can be placed up to 200m from the Forward Outpost (increase from 150m).
    7. Limited infantry kits require a squad of 3 to be requested or spawned with (Automatic Rifleman, Medic, Grenadier, Rifleman AT and Marksman).
    8. Rally Points expire after 60 seconds from being placed.
    9. Rally Points cannot be placed with a single enemy close (100m radius).
    10. Rally Points are limited to only one placement before needing to be "rearmed".
    11. Rally Points are "rearmed" by the Squad Leader when spawning (except on the RP) or getting close to a Forward Outpost, Command Post or Supply Depot.

You may have noticed that although there are changes to older tweaks (maximum of 6 Forward Outposts, 60s RPs to avoid spammy "are you ready?" talk, 100m check for enemy presence when placing RPs), the biggest addition here is the limited Rally Point. We think these changes will diminish the following behavior brought by the temporary RP modification:
    • Squad Leader and one more staying back sending the 4 other squad members to attack.
    • Squad Leader trying to deploy it all the time using it as a radar for enemy presence.
    • Squads depending on the rally point too much.

But still have the RP available for those cases where it's worth it (new player in squad, squad separated for stupid reason, or maybe just a safe regroup) and get squads into a lower dependence on RPs, staying together, not giving up too fast, trying to revive fallen troops, being more careful, etc. A "bleep" sound with no message will let the Squad Leader know that he got his RP "rearmed" when getting close to the locations listed above.

As mentioned in the previous announcement, the primary goal is to see the average player's focus shift from Rally Point placement to Forward Outpost placement, something that the entire team will benefit from.

We really encourage everyone to give it a thoughtful try, and think about the overall team benefits. Also think of ways your gameplay will need to change for this to work, and how you can help others, especially with land transport. Always have a medic in your squad, and keep him alive, as he can keep your squad alive.

Like before, the changes are server side, meaning you don't need anything installed to try them out, just join one of the following participating servers:

These servers will have the version "0.874D" in their server name during the test.

We would like to encourage all our players to join these servers and report their feedback in the appropriate forum areas.

- The Project Reality Team
    http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380...-part-3-a.html

On a personall note: I like the sound of this and glad they took on board all the positive critism, especially to do with the SL and rally (and very glad they spotted the 'are you ready', or other adminy nonsense/rally as radar, almost innate change in behaviour of the SL to maximise his/her effectiveness for the squad), and the effect of the rally in an over game dynamic sense. Although TG is not the only server testing, I do feel TG members contributed a lot to the effort and thought process, so I am glad for all of us. Well done people! It makes me feel good to be a member of this community as much as PR as a whole and the game we all love. Looking forward to testing this one a lot! Finally, good to see NERDS around and hope you had fun trying out PR again, please feel free to get used to the new PR and ask any question; we are all in it, together!
    Last edited by Taip3n; 11-27-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I already posted the above information in the following thread

I just ask people to read, that's all.

Let's keep speculation out of this thread and instead focus on actual game play feedback.

Thanks

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Has anyone noticed if the SL getting revived after the kit times out refills the rally like other equipment gets reset?
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          Has anyone noticed if the SL getting revived after the kit times out refills the rally like other equipment gets reset?
          The Rallypoint seems to be treated as another weapon for the SL, meaning that just like his primary weapon, grenades, etc, that if the kit vanishes , it has to give him a new one. That's full on every kind of ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
            The Rallypoint seems to be treated as another weapon for the SL, meaning that just like his primary weapon, grenades, etc, that if the kit vanishes , it has to give him a new one. That's full on every kind of ammo.
            Intentionally using this though is cheating someone told me so hopefully this wouldn't happen too often.

Comment

Don't see a reason for that to happen, it has nothing to do with the kit the SL is using. If that's happening it's a bug.
              sigpic

Comment

Mh I dont like the idea of making the RP a radar. I always like to sneak around with my guys and this could kill it, if the enemy is realizing his possibility to place a rally.

Comment

Playing a round earlier, it seems possible there may be some issue with firebase overrun system.

Multiple firebases were overrun for 10-15+ minutes when it seemed enemy were not present.

I haven't watched the record of the match and there may have been people close enough(although it seems doubtful considering the prolonged amount of time and number of locations it happened at), or I may be underestimating the range for overrun.

I want to see if anyone else notices similar occurrences.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I see no purpose to this change, especially for insurgency. It never made sense in my mind for any of these betas.

Lowered maximum spawn penalty from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                      Playing a round earlier, it seems possible there may be some issue with firebase overrun system.

Multiple firebases were overrun for 10-15+ minutes when it seemed enemy were not present.

I haven't watched the record of the match and there may have been people close enough(although it seems doubtful considering the prolonged amount of time and number of locations it happened at), or I may be underestimating the range for overrun.

I want to see if anyone else notices similar occurrences.
                      Yeah I had a similar thing today. While defending a flag with no enemies around our firebase, it was still overrun for a long, long time and even though it was completely built, I could not place any wires or foxholes or hmgs. I thought that it was just a bugged firebase and destroyed it completely and build a new one close by. Still overrun.

Comment

I really enjoy the latest beta, ignoring a couple of the technical bugs that have emerged regarding FBs etc.

but I really like that the RP has been demoted to such a rare asset.

The only thing is I get super annoyed with squad members who go on and on about rallies when we're in contact, its like "oh I died, now I want the whole squad to run 100m away so that I can spawn"

either they don't understand the changes, or they just want to spawn straight in to the fight.

Though I'd personally love the no-rallies from beta B, and all the other changes from D to be combined for win.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
                          I see no purpose to this change, especially for insurgency. It never made sense in my mind for any of these betas.
                          With the FOBs being further from the action there is no real reason to have such a long respawn time since you still have to make it back to the fight.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

FO issue was a bug and is already fixed on the server.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't know if thise should go in here but after playing qwai CnC I noticed one major problem.

This is more of a CnC problem but to finally cause the bleed you basically have to camp the enemy main, and hope they dont build an FB in their main 50m away from the CO post or you can't kill it. If you dont camp their main then that single logi truck that gets out can make the most useless and randomess FB ever but if your team can't find it then you never get the other team to have bleed. At one point during the round the USA team was finally able to kill off all of our FBs but they were only able to do this by surrounding the main and camping it.(Note I am not putting any blame on the team since this was the only way to get any action and start the bleed which everyone wanted) The effect of this is that even with one team dominationg CnC is still very hard to win since yo need all 6 of your FBs up and all of the enmy ones down. I would reccoment to the DEVs that you need to have lets say triple the number of enemy FBs or something like that to cause bleed.
                              Last edited by chrisweb89; 11-28-2009, 02:45 AM.
                              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X