Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rule inquiry - 4. Suicide Tactics Suicide tactics are FORBIDDEN*. Suchs and ramming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule inquiry - 4. Suicide Tactics Suicide tactics are FORBIDDEN*. Suchs and ramming

"
    4. Suicide Tactics

Suicide tactics are FORBIDDEN*. Such tactics include suicide c4 jeeps (or any other vehicle), ramming any vehicle or player with a vehicle and blowing yourself up to cause the death of the other player.

* Exception: Insurgents in the project reality mod may use suicide vehicles and c4"

does this mean that insurgents may run people over ingame or not?

I believed not due to being warnned about it in the past and it making sense that the rule is consistent to every team.

However today I was run over 5 times at least by vehicles on Ramiel, and TG members were saying in Chat that its allowed for INS.

Can this be clarified please?

edit, oops, pressed ctrl v on the title, sorry it was suppose to say "rule enquiry, ins and ramming"

Re: Rule inquiry - 4. Suicide Tactics Suicide tactics are FORBIDDEN*. Suchs and ram

Insurgents are allowed to do anything except bunnyhopping and intentional team wound + killing.

I've never heard of Ins being kicked for intentional roadkilling. It's annoying for bluefor and they complain about it, but as far as I know it's allowed.

Comment

Re: Rule inquiry - 4. Suicide Tactics Suicide tactics are FORBIDDEN*. Suchs and ram

Yeah this is allowed when you're insurgent. I've seen plenty of people do it.

Man this one time on Basrah the Blufor were sitting on the road south of the city, in the 8 row area. Anyway, Lion and I decided to go scout it out on a bike. As we get behind this ridge we notice a firebase. Little did we know that like 5 SAWs saw us too. We get shot to death instantly. This must've caused Lion to bring out the Scar in him because he pulls up next to me in a technical and tells me to hop in. You could of played the Dukes of Hazzard they way Lion flew over the ridge and ran ever Blufor soldier down. Those SAWs were running for their lives. Lion was probably making "VROOM VROOM" noises in his head because he didn't stop till there was nothing left...

But yeah you're allowed to run people over as an insurgent.

Comment

but I thought the rationale for not allowing running over was that vehicle damage caused by colliding with people at high speed couldn't be simulated in bf2? if a hummer can't do it...why can a civi car?

Comment

You're allowed to run people over, you just can't hop in a vehicle with the sole intention of running people over, which is dumb in my opinion. I'm not saying halfway through your pleasent drive across Qwai you should say to hell with it and start gunning people down, but if someone is standing in the middle of the street aiming a LAT at you and you're heading in that direction, by all means, protect yourself and run his ass over.

Comment

Here's the deal: Running people over again and again is not *explicitly* against the rules. That being said, it does fall into the "not-realism" category, so if you are caught doing it constantly don't expect to get away with it. Driving over someone standing in the road is their own darn fault, but one-manning a technical and going GTA on the BlueFor team is going to lose you some brownie points.

Just because something isn't stated specifically in the rules doesn't mean you can get away with it. Our admin staff isn't the supreme court, we can make judgement calls if something isn't covered :p.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

The rule of thumb for regular armies is basically this...

If you have to make more than a 45 degree turn in either direction to run someone over, then you may not do so. If someone is standing in your path of travel and is a threat to you, you may defend yourself by running him over.

Whereas, if you are an insurgent, you are free to take a technical or civi car and use it to your heart's delight for the sole purpose of running down American Soldiers.

Comment

I wish civies could have the Wienermobile.
                sigpic
                I'm Back.

Comment

"Man, getting ran over buy a guy in a POS car sure is unfair for us."

*Black Hawk, Attack Little Bird, 2 Strykers, 4 .50 Humvees, drive by*

"...totally outgunned, us Americans are."
                  sigpic

Comment

the American's are outgunned. They don't get the awesome Al Quids

Comment

Well my personal opinion is that the no ramming rule period was more realistic, more fun, and perfectly fair on both teams. Because there were definately at least 3 people on that INS team taht were just there for the GTA experience. Also the Civi cars are unarmoured but hitting the driver with a mortal wound is extremely difficult, this is about realism.

"Man, getting ran over buy a guy in a POS car sure is unfair for us."

why add quotations when thats not what I said?

My arguement is based on logical consistency and realism, not balance.

Thank you for answering my question.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                        Just because something isn't stated specifically in the rules doesn't mean you can get away with it. Our admin staff isn't the supreme court, we can make judgement calls if something isn't covered :p.
                        /pedant on
                        making judgement calls as to the interpretation of the law is the entire point of the supreme court and it's circuit courts.
                        /pedant off

Comment

Ramming with cars was horrible back when Vodniks roamed the streets, and CO trucks turned on a dime. Without vodniks, and the CO turning radius changes I cannot recall the last time I was ran over and didn't "deserve it". I've never had an issue with insurgent cars being so sluggish, loud, and easy to shoot out or blow up. That being said, I hate rammers - I try to report when I see people being clowns. I suggest everyone does the same?

Comment

Are the people saying 'ramming' meaning running people over? I always thought ramming was when a vehicle collided with another, so a damaged APC ramming the APC that was killing it was against the rules, but an Insurgent could ram a humvee with a civilian car at will.

The running people over like a lawn mower repeatedly seemed, as nardini stated, against the realism rule.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I will admit I have caused a head on collision with a humvee before. It caused myself to die and my insurgent car but only damaged the humvee giving time for my squad to get an RPG into it's side and kill the crew due to the wreck of my car.

I have also ran over units in the middle of the road, I don't go veering to sides and such though.

Running somebody over is fine if they're in the middle of the road. If that car turns around and comes back for them or circles then that's a problem. Or if that vehicle moves to hit the infantry unit and puts it into a collision path (Such as infantry next to building, truck moves down road, see's infantry and moves to crush them against side of building) then that should not be allowed and reported.

At the end of the day though, admins are there for a reason and if you ask in chat "Who was in the ******* at ## who ran over a unit. Please give a name." I'd say ask them not to do it again and advise them it's illegal and if they continue then report.
                              Sometimes though it is easier to just report but this can result in some overzealous admins to do instant kick or ban which may not seem like it was deserved. But I'm sure the admins have a hard time putting up with all our reporting spam and so it's best just to weed out trouble makers xD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X