Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft landing in quinling and kashan!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft landing in quinling and kashan!

Just a few things I noticed, On quinling when the british flag is on 181 ,
    right at the end of the runway about 1000 meters, its makes it hard to land safely, is it possible but you get locked 80% of the time and unless you come in from a high angle you most likely get shot down while reducing speed, the only way to do it is come in when no aa ennemy is there (rarely) or you came in from a high angle and pray you dont hit a fence in the way..... Ive should post this on the project reality forum but i lost my account and too lazy to search it lol...

Another thing, about 1 hour ago on kashan, i got killed while trying to land , i had lost a lot of my speed and was 5-10 sec away from landing, therefor a very easy target to shot down, even if i flares 15 times at least my speed was too low to avoid those aa, what i dont understand is why they did that? there is no flag there, and there was no one there as well, If i would have been close to south outpost i would have understood, but i was 100 meter away from the main, there is no way you can land and take off when a AAV is 1000 or 1500 meters south of us mains, only because the AAV knows exactly from where the aircraft is coming. Im sorry man buit that was pretty lame, even if it was not against the rules....
    sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Re: Aircraft landing in quinling and kashan!

Yes, this tactic is maybe overused, and maybe considered lame to the one on the short side of the stick. However this is still a game, and there are limitations to what tactics can be done. Hanging out around south outpost is the most logical thing to do usually if you look at USA traffic, and area of control. Game'ish tactics will happen whether it is tanks hugging borders, FOBs being placed in certain spots, HAT spam from an entrenched FOB etc. I am sure we all have personal pet peeves. As a CAS squad I am sure there would of been a sniper/spotter in the east hills "glitching" in the terrain - I could go off on a rant on that, but in my eyes no less "lame". A sniper could just as easily watch the southern 2km approach of your base.

Comment

The idea is to fly over rapidly before attemptinga landing. Check for locking signal then do another pass for landing. It's what I do.

Failing that, flares and a bomb come in handy :P

Comment

I think its really, really lame.

Comment

Aircraft is clearly a target until they land per the rules as the OP noted, claiming a valid tactic is lame is not good sportsmanship.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to snooggums again.

Comment

Man, I cant wait for the day when infantry and tanks get shafted... THEN we'll see who's complaining.
              |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

It is a really poor show of sportsmanship when things like this occur. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD. Going off of kashan for an example, while it is technically possible to tow a tank roughly 300m out of main from a reasonable distance, doesn't mean that I do it. Or just because I know the angle of drop on the tank shells to hit a parked Su-25 from A2, doesn't mean I should.

But those of you that need to get your fix will get your fix. So in the end, complaining about what I think is fair means nothing.

Comment

Uh, is everyone going to ignore the perfect sense that fullkontact posted?
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                    It is a really poor show of sportsmanship when things like this occur. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD. Going off of kashan for an example, while it is technically possible to tow a tank roughly 300m out of main from a reasonable distance, doesn't mean that I do it.
                    Been the victim, didn't care.

Or just because I know the angle of drop on the tank shells to hit a parked Su-25 from A2, doesn't mean I should.
                    That is attacking main, and therefore illegal.

But those of you that need to get your fix will get your fix. So in the end, complaining about what I think is fair means nothing.
                    Taliban basecamping US on Korengal valley, hanging back from the insurgent cities to kill with long range weapons for intel, convoys, sending out lone infantry into the desert to spot tanks for jets and turning off your vehicle engine to listen for other vehicles because you can start it up instantly. All things that annoy the hell out of some people because they are either not realistic, not fun or frustrating for the other team, but are regularly used because they are all within the rules.

I hate two of them, but there is no reason to create a whole bitch thread just for those because my precious asset got killed by unrealistic behaviors if it is clearly allowed by the rules.
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

How much more do we need to protect the jets? Are you guys just supposed to be invincible and able to deal out death unobstructed? Or would it be more fair if there were some risk involved, kind of like the risks everyone on the ground takes when they stick their heads out of cover when the enemy jets are roaring overhead?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

First off, no on is disputing the rule. Even Davey admits it's a legal tactic, as do I. A jet is not some mythical beast nay untouchable by man or god. The rule has ALWAYS been, if you don't have wheels down, you're a target. Some of us do have ruffled feathers over the fact that some people choose to push this rule to the very limits.

I resent the implication that somehow flying is inherently less risky than slogging it out on the ground. No offense guys, but in the words of one of the greatest squadleaders I've ever played with: "Suck it up" Pilots have their own set of worries and problems.

It's nearly always been a gentlemen's agreement that if a jet is going in to land, he's not fair game until he's back up and ready, and the times when someone chooses to walk closer to the rules can make one feel...cheated somehow.

Snoggums, seeing as we're not playing Korengal because of those issues, I find it a silly example :P

And Dispo, because I'm actually curious, please don't take this as trying to start another argument, what protection do jets have that other vehicles don't? I thought the only place they aren't fair game is in main base, just like tanks or transport trucks.

Comment

Cant you fly out of bounds and land from the other side ? I think in an aircraft you get a 30 sec timer or so.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                            First off, no on is disputing the rule. Even Davey admits it's a legal tactic, as do I. A jet is not some mythical beast nay untouchable by man or god. The rule has ALWAYS been, if you don't have wheels down, you're a target. Some of us do have ruffled feathers over the fact that some people choose to push this rule to the very limits.
                            If you're decimating the enemy team with your jet, they're damn well going to do everything in their power to shoot you down.

I resent the implication that somehow flying is inherently less risky than slogging it out on the ground. No offense guys, but in the words of one of the greatest squadleaders I've ever played with: "Suck it up" Pilots have their own set of worries and problems.
                            But it is! That's why I absolutely abhor 64 Kashan, where the jets can kill infantry absolutely anywhere on the map, even inside the bunkers themselves and there's nothing at all we can do about it except hope to have a good pilot on our team to counter. I loved having my squad fight like hell to get in the bunker, wipe out the defending team, only to have us all die by the F16 bomb that can magically penetrate a concrete bunker, forcing us to lose the flag and spawn back at base...

And Dispo, because I'm actually curious, please don't take this as trying to start another argument, what protection do jets have that other vehicles don't? I thought the only place they aren't fair game is in main base, just like tanks or transport trucks.
                            If someone is retreating to their main base in any other vehicle and gets shot before they enter the main, I doubt anyone would consider that bending the rules.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Just get your spotter to sit near their main and laze ground vehicles when they are returning to main, that way everyone can have fun and we play the game the way it was meant to be played.
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X