seeder map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeder map

a lot of us are looking at http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...161.157:16567/ to see which map and how many players are on.
    which map do you think attracts other players?

example:

kashan 64
    + lots of assets to try with low population
    - nearly no teamplay with low population / turns into a training server

| | | |

Re: seeder map

Is the goal of seeding to fill the server before the second map or to simply get 30+ players (15 per team) or so to get a start on the following map to actually fill the server?

If #1, then any asset rich map will fill quickly but the game will suck due to low numbers at round start. A smaller more infantry type map like Asad Khal will partially fill the map, but rarely fill it completely, but if there are sever problems people will quickly tire of playing that same map.

Some maps will actively stop seeding (in my opinion): Kashan 16 (most people don't understand how to play it), Qwai (people are sick of it), small one flag maps with no bleed like Sunset, Kiyong Ni. Muttrah will suck the first round if used for seeding, but may not keep the server from filling.

What would work best, and I don't think is possible, is Kashan 64/ Muttrah 64 with 200 tickets per side and then a full version later in the rotation. This would keep the round from dragging out but get people interested for the following map.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

In my experience watching the server seed it's the larger maps with the toys that fill the server up the fastest. Kashan 32/64, Muttrah, Jabal, etc.

I'm not saying it's ideal, just saying what I've seen...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I do this almost every day, day in day out.

I would LIKE to think the small more appropriate maps would work, but sadly, they don't. Bi Ming, Asad Khal and the likes are the best I think, but they don't rapidly fill the server. Additionally, they are often capped out before the population gets in.

Sadly, asset maps are the ones that fill first. Kashan 32 is prime, as asset whores glaore come to fly and fly, and did I mention fly the Havoc and Apache. It may seed the server, but as an admin, all I do is kick and ban public players for abusing the assets. I should just go command the seeding Kashan 32 so I have better visability on who to ban.

Not sure what a good answer is. You either have choppers to attract the population you seek to get the server off the ground or go with a more appropriately sized map and it doesn't take off. All you can hope for is that the Kashan 32 / 64 fills up fast enough that the 10 year old chopper pilots that are not supporting members are auto-kicked for supporting members and the day is off.....

T
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe a skirmish map, as a seeder, as much as I would love to see Tad Sae or Bi-Ming as a seeder, I would also love to see both those maps rotated into the center of the map list, maybe have West Fallujah as a seeder, or Ramiel 16....

If a seeder map is a asset filled map, those assets will most likely be lost by the time the server fills up and things become more coordinated between squads.

Kozelik would also make a good seeder map.
          Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 12-07-2009, 01:56 PM.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Get Kashan 64 to fill the server with people and because it's such a non teamplayer map, tickets run out fast and you can have a nice round on the following map.

Comment

If we can't restrict tickets on a single map selection I wonder if it would work to use it as a seeder and then either skip to the next map manually or restart the map after the population is up.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

As bad as it its to say, the best seeder maps are those that either require little teamwork or have a lot of toys.

I notice that insurgency maps are very effective because of its simplicity, there's one goal and that's to kill the cache.

Ramiel 16 and stuff like that are good because people like to kill each other and having to walk more than 400M to the battle is not an attractive factor. Hence skirmish maps often do well.

Kashan is just Kashan, its full of assets that people like and its long. So when the maps starts 30 people and 500 tickets, by the time it fills up, there will still be around 400 tickets. I however don't know if this is a positive or a negative factor.

** This however situational I think. Depends on who you are seeding it for. If you want there to be population from anyone, then thats the way to go, however typically, TG regulars play whatever the map and likes to play with teamwork. I however am going to say that I do not want to join a round of Qwai as a seeder map, and thats that.
                csxgamerz

Comment

Originally posted by csxgamerz View Post
                  I notice that insurgency maps are very effective because of its simplicity, there's one goal and that's to kill the cache.
                  This is a great point, and I'm embarrassed I missed it.

Insurgency maps like Fallujah West, Ramiel and Karbala lend themselves to smaller populations as well as larger as the teams fill up. The only downside is the number of people that don't like Insurgency.

Korengal/Archer would not make good seeder maps due to size/terrain features.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Large maps with lots of toys make the best catalysts, even if they are a massive pain to admin on. Once there are 20 or so people on each side, switch the map to something more fun to play.

Most people will go for player count OVER the map choice in a game with a large playing area. (Qwai with 60 people is more fun than Muttrah with 13) After enough people join for actual teamwork, the people who joined for no other reason than to asset whore by themselves will leave, and be replaced by more teamwork oriented players. Rinse, repeat.

Comment

Kashan or Muttrah fill up the server because of the toys. Oddly, other maps with toys such as Barracuda, Jabal and QinLing do not fill the server. Ultimately, our goal would be to put on a map that pulls in players and then get a rotation going to will keep them here. It's a never-ending challenge because we all become bored of the rotation so quickly. We're a community rampant with ADHD.

We generally put up a smaller, 1km map at the top of the rotation to act as a "seeder", but truth is that those maps do not seed. Asad Kahl did act as a seeder, but that was back when it was new and players joined for that new car smell. Nowadays most players can't stand it because it's a spam-fest.

Skirmish maps are made for clan battles of 6v6 or 12v12. While we can play them with 64 players, they are also spam-fests, but on a much larger scale directly proportional to the size of the map. You don't even get the full 1km to use, and with the "d" changes I just don't see them working. Also they have in the past caused server issues and problems with our server monitoring software and cause crashes when forwarding maps. All in all, they are simply not worth the headaches.

What would be the ultimate seeders?

Iron Ridge
                      Silent Eagle
                      Marsh
                      Beirut
                      Gaza
                      Lashkar Valley
                      Dragonfly

All of the new maps that have been publicly mentioned by fuzz and others. THOSE would be great seeder maps, not the same old tired maps we've all seen over and over. I know I beat this horse to death over and over, but no matter how we slice it the real issue with a lot of our unrest is the simple boredom of the same maps.

If you guys want some variety, I can put CnC into the rotation. Just think of the fun of Kozelsk where you might actually get to fight in some of the areas rarely used on the map! In the meantime, we're kind of stuck with the same old same old for another couple of weeks.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

best seeder map = more helicopters

That's all they want....map a map called "Blackhawk Down" And have nothing but heli's. Server would be insta-filled.

Comment

Seeder maps, happen at the start of the prime Euro hours and if need be at the start of the prime North American hours of gameplay, and after a server crash.

Maybe until Santa brings the new maps down the Chimney, or until the Hanukkah Lights are lit up a mix and match of seeder maps could be put in by the admin(s) who are on.

That way, if the server crashes one map one time could be Bi-Ming, the next time Kashan, the next time, CnC and so on.......rather than skipping to the next map rotation or using the primary seeder map in place.

The only downfall of a CnC being a seeder is that a small majority won't know what the hell is going on, and will have to be told over and over again that it is a CnC map and explained countless times again and again what a CnC map entails - these questions will be asked in global chat, and even if they are told over voip or team chat they will still be asked and questioned in global chat.

However, and I don't want to speak for everyone, but CnC maps can add something new, and it would be nice to play one other than Qwai. It would be also neat to try with the .874d testing.....maybe adding more CnC maps in the maplist rotation until the new maps arrive.

I'm not a huge Kashan fan, but Kashan 64 as a CnC does sound very appealing.

"Always keep them wanting more."
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Has TG ever run Kashan as CnC?

Or CnC in general?

Comment

Yes, we've run Kashan as CnC. Also, Fools Road, QinLing, Qwai and Kozelsk. Always on password nights - specifically "Hardcore Sunday" password nights. Recently we ran CnC on Black Friday password day.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X