How many of you remember .5?!?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5DNWYWX

Re: Holy Nastolgia batman!

I miss the old days of PR.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXSy-30NIQ[/media]

Comment

I truely have to say,

some of the best gaming I ever had was with Project reality version .5.....

Why?

It was quick paced, you always had to stay on your toes, the maps were small, and thus made for great battles. It truly was a great mix between something slow and methodical like ArmA, and something quick and unruly like Vanilla.

in the latter versions (.8 is the last I played) the maps have grown to such a size, that they're not even realistic to what you would have play out in ArmA. (Usually missions TVT's are set around a certain town, in ArmA, with 60 people it plays out wonderfully for squad tactics, and very methodical battles)

I suppose that's the reason nobody sees me around anymore, the game lost its edge. It became a game of hurry up and wait. ArmA is only hurry up and wait at the very beginning, you get into good fights with great tactics around a localized area, once in game, or so it was when I was playing with shack-tac, haven't played with them a while either.

heheh, Ahh the good old days.

Comment

smaller maps are better for pub play and theres less of them now in common use so the game has developed but the players not so much :D

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
          I truely have to say,

some of the best gaming I ever had was with Project reality version .5.....

Why?

It was quick paced, you always had to stay on your toes, the maps were small, and thus made for great battles. It truly was a great mix between something slow and methodical like ArmA, and something quick and unruly like Vanilla.

in the latter versions (.8 is the last I played) the maps have grown to such a size, that they're not even realistic to what you would have play out in ArmA. (Usually missions TVT's are set around a certain town, in ArmA, with 60 people it plays out wonderfully for squad tactics, and very methodical battles)

I suppose that's the reason nobody sees me around anymore, the game lost its edge. It became a game of hurry up and wait. ArmA is only hurry up and wait at the very beginning, you get into good fights with great tactics around a localized area, once in game, or so it was when I was playing with shack-tac, haven't played with them a while either.

heheh, Ahh the good old days.
          +1 I was just thinking the same thing about 0.5

I am a casual gamer, and I play to let off some steam. As such the recent direction of the mod is not really in keeping with what I am looking for. Or maybe its just a case of different players, I don't know for sure.

I find that if you have good comms and disciplined soldiers along with good SL's then it can be 'epic'. But too often I don't see an enemy for thirty minutes at a time. That just doesn't suit me, but even so I come crawling back for more

Comment

+2 :)

Comment

too often I don't see an enemy for thirty minutes at a time
              Bad team in that case because your manpower isnt being used it should be easier for the other team to win.
              My main complaint is when no one wins, I dont mind a quick victory. Thats roughly why I support the rp change

[media]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8673/screen010vj.jpg[/media]
              [media]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9321/screen004d.jpg[/media]

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It's too early to be pulling out nostalgia lol.

Remember, when PR is at version 1.6 or something, the vets in the crowd can grumble about the good old days.

Comment

I'm still waiting for a complete revert to .75, where firefights were decided by the skill of Wickens and myself... The only dilemmas then were how best to stack the bodies.
                  Skud

Comment

Amen to that brother body slayer. We once constructed a full scale castle out the dead, I sat in it and ate huge plate of 'I am awesome' biscuits.:icon26:

Comment

^ NB: All is true..

Unless!

Taip3n is on the other squad and enemy to those two up there. Much noobinorfications!

;)

MUACH!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                        I'm still waiting for a complete revert to .75, where firefights were decided by the skill of Wickens and myself... The only dilemmas then were how best to stack the bodies.
                        Oh, .75

TOWs vs. Tanks on Qwai, slayin' bodies.

How I miss thee.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                          Oh, .75

TOWs vs. Attack LB's

How I miss thee.
                          Ahh the days before I joined the 69th

When I still had my skills and the capacity for critical thinking

Comment

Semi-automatic double and triple taps at first contact... mmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
                              Semi-automatic double and triple taps at first contact... mmmmm
                              ^ This says it all. DEVs would do well to listen to that.

I don't think I am taking words out of mouths when I say the good players knew this stuff and we'd like it back.

And pleaaaaaaaaaaaaassssseeeee don't say the teamwork thing, tactics, or lesser players can join in. It's bull Ox. We can do all of that with this. At the end of the day - for your desire- You rubbish the game.

Back please. And for right reasons, not well worded power position laughable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X