Platoon-level teamwork. Help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platoon-level teamwork. Help?

So yesterday at password night (on Kozelsk) it was my first platoon-level-teamwork game. I did the best I could, yes I used mumble, and everything.

However I still seemed not to be part of the "team" as in, I don't know if my squad was being ignored for some reason (perhaps because all the other squads had famous leaders such as Rudd_Medicman, thegreatnardani and Portable.Cougar, and others too.

I did my best to act as a team, but at some points I had to strafe apart from the team in an assault manner up to Hill 163, and I couldn't count on any army support, because for some reason my movement was "ignored"...

This is by no chances a rant and I am not arguing because the others "didn't care about me". The real question is... how do I care about the orders?

As I was saying, all the other rounds in all random servers from PR 95% of them were with a casual teamwork between squads, nothing compared to TG or to TG PW. Been this, I have developed this kind of habit of "My squad is on it's own and has to watch every direction". In the beginning of the round in Kozelsk (russians) I was teamworking with the other squads by taking the left flank of the advance... I don't know what happened later. I have the feeling it was my fault.

I have read loads of TG threads about this, such as the TG Premier and other stuff like that.

So what should I do to "care" about platoon-level tactics, or "be cared"? I really have the will to learn and be a better teamplayer. As I said, I didn't do this on purpose, but because of lack of experience.

Thanks!

BTW I am interested in the Learn TG and Learn SL squads... how do I participate in those? Thank you!

Re: Platoon-level teamwork. Help?

We do offer squad leader training at TGU if you have need to learn more about Squad Leading and how we do it here at TG. I will probably teach another one here after the holidays.
    sigpic

Comment

Learn TG and Learn SL squads are random, when a player decides he has the time and patience.

Anyway, you're not at fault - the team was very focused doing their thing. Don't worry about your impact - the point is that you were doing your best. You learn from it and look forward to learning more in the future.
      Skud

Comment

It wasn't just you, and it certainly wasn't anything "you did." The beginning of the round was great but later on the squad communication petered out. Next time if you're unsure of what to do just type in team chat or ask in mumble "what should squad x do?" and someone will be glad to point you in a direction.

Communication is key, letting other squad leaders know where and when you are going somewhere is good as well.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
          It wasn't just you, and it certainly wasn't anything "you did." The beginning of the round was great but later on the squad communication petered out. Next time if you're unsure of what to do just type in team chat or ask in mumble "what should squad x do?" and someone will be glad to point you in a direction.
          Never thought about that... simple questions = great results...

Communication is key, letting other squad leaders know where and when you are going somewhere is good as well.
          That was good when we had the commander, but when he left I got lost again :) I've really gotta figure out exactly how to use mumble...

We do offer squad leader training at TGU
          Whats TGU? Tactical Gamer U...?

Comment

Originally posted by Guapsy View Post
            Whats TGU? Tactical Gamer U...?
            Tactical Gamer University, the best place to learn in-game tactics. A couple of TG members are also TGU instructors dedicated to share their knowledge about a lot of games. Anyone can sign up to or request a TGU course, although some of them have requirements, for example in order to complete an advanced squadleader course you have to do the basic one first.

There is also a forum for tactics discussion, with a lot of great tips and guides to project reality.
            sigpic

Comment

Attacking 163 was very difficult anyway, we had multiple firebases set up on the hills and were incredibly well fortified in the second half of the game. It took mortars to finish us off in the end.

Comment

The important thing is that players are serious, aspire to remain true to the primer, and respect the community - if you do that here, all is good regardless of ability.

I am a prime example. I can't shoot worth a dammed in PR (although I got 40 of 40 in basic training) but I do well as an SL (at least I think I do). Do what you can, and try your best - that is always a good thing here at TG.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I found TGU later on but the thing is I can't get on any commitments - my playtimes are never sure.

But thanks for the tips guys!

Comment

The best leaders are usually the ones that take constructive criticism from other leaders and their subordinates. It allows you to correct on things that you may not notice yourself.

Leaders who deny a fault in their working are generally less comfortable and will not be able to manage in most combat situations that go wrong.

sigpic

Comment

The number one most important thing that will get you "platoon-level teamwork" on TG's PR server is being in the squad leader mumble channel if you are a squad leader. Mumble is great in general, but the mumble SL channel is where the magic happens. Did you get your mumble sorted out Guapsy?
                      Last edited by A_Grounded_Pilot; 12-13-2009, 07:52 AM.

|
                      |

Comment

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
                        The number one most important thing that will get you "platoon-level teamwork" on TG's PR server is being in the squad leader mumble channel if you are a squad leader. Mumble is great in general, but the mumble SL channel is where the magic happens. Did you get your mumble sorted out Guapsy?
                        Yeah I did, it worked pretty well on that night but I just guess I didn't figure out all the potential that mumble has on these games... Since that was my first game with such a big teamwork in the team...

Perhaps I should've not SLed that night, since it was my first "serious teamwork" game. Oh well, you learn from your mistakes ;)

Comment

the simple way to do it is to ask a squad what they are doing, then tell them you are going to help them do it.

from then point on you are buddies in arms for life.

And thank you for your kind words, it was fun playing with you the other night :)

Comment

Platoons!? IN MY PR? :)

Comment

Dude, what the hell?

I reloaded the page after 5 minutes and you've revived every dead thread in the front page of the forums. O_O

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X