AAS mode, Flag capping behaviour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAS mode, Flag capping behaviour

In AAS mode on most maps there are 2 flags that are "in play"(meaning they have an attack marker on them for one team).

Generally the idea is that whichever team captures the other teams flag first gets to then attack the next flag in line while the other team has to fall back. However, there are times when this is not so. Sometimes even though team1 has greyed/neutralized the enemy's flag the enemy still manages to grey the flag that team1 was defending.

Basically there are 2 different capping modes:

-Capping to grey(this occurs when your team has enough players inside the flag radius of an Enemy controlled flag to start capping)

-Capping to friendly(this occurs when your team has enough players inside the flag radius of an Neutral flag to start capping)

and 3 different capped states:

-Enemy controlled

-Grey/Neutral

-Friendly controlled

Anyways the thing I am trying to illustrate is that even if the enemy has Neutralized your teams flag, IF your team was capping their flag at the time the enemy Neutralized your flag, THEN you can still neutralize their flag as long as you keep enough people inside the radius until it is greyed.

There are some peculiar exceptions and strange things that can happen though.(I am not 100% sure about all these things and would appreciate any corrections that are made as long as you are more sure than I am sure, which is pretty sure)

-If the above situation is happening and you leave the radius of the flag, you cannot contribute to capping anymore even if you reenter the flag radius(becoming wounded counts as leaving the radius).

-If the enemy caps your flag before you grey theirs they may move on to the next flag and neutralize or even cap it. This can happen to any number of flags until you manage to neutralize the flag you are on.

-When you do manage to grey their flag it stops them from advancing past the next capped state at whatever flag they are on.

-This one is very interesting if it works like I think it does. If you get enough players on a flag to cap it if there were no enemy players on it but there are enemies at the time preventing you from capping at all and they leave, you can then cap it even if it is no longer "in play". <--- notice the awesome sentence structure(it may just be that in the instances where I thought this happened, the attackers had in actuality capped ever so slightly so that it was unnoticeable on the flag meter to the defenders and the left thinking it was secure)

-Not so much related but very interesting is that if you cap an enemies last flag but they recap a previous flag they can no longer spawn at their main base, BUT they can spawn on firebases and rallies.

I hope this is helpful to some players and their decisions as squad leader/defender/attacker. Please contribute/correct.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Re: AAS mode, Flag capping behaviour

the other thing is that you dont see on the flag status if the enemys are greying your flag.

it just goes to grey.

| | | |

Comment

hehe ya this all can be prety confusing but I think you described prety much all the circumstances.

And yes that last scenario, Ive seen happen many times especially on the kashan or qinling that have looooong cap times.

As soon as a team caps the next point, the old defenders move forward, even if troops are still in or around their CP. If the enemy were capping at all when all these defenders leave, theres a chance they can neutralize the flag and then all the "OMG WTF?" ensues cuz it looked like the flag got capped out of order but it actually just happened as you described.

About spawning: as long as you have ANY flag captured, you can spawn on RP/FOB. IF all flags are enemy controlled or neutral, you cant spawn ANYWHERE.

In PR the only place youll find "fixed" spawnpoints that are linked to flags is the mainbases, hence why these disappear when they go neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
        the other thing is that you dont see on the flag status if the enemys are greying your flag.

it just goes to grey.
        I prefer that it doesn't let the enemy know they are capping, giving the enemy the knowledge that they are losing a flag is not needed. I'd prefer the control bars were removed entirely for the player view and simply show capped, not capped status.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          I prefer that it doesn't let the enemy know they are capping, giving the enemy the knowledge that they are losing a flag is not needed. I'd prefer the control bars were removed entirely for the player view and simply show capped, not capped status.
          that would be interesting, nice idea.

| | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
            -If the above situation is happening and you leave the radius of the flag, you cannot contribute to capping anymore even if you reenter the flag radius(becoming wounded counts as leaving the radius).
            Not 100% sure on this but I think that as long as a small amount of the bar is moving and you are in the process of neutralizing it, any player no matter if they were a reinforcement can come in the area and make it go neautral faster.

Also I would like to keep it so attackers can see if they are neutralizing it or else I would have a lot of wasted time where I thought I may be capping but they were hiding or I wouldn't know what to answer if I need help, get to the next flag, etc.
            |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

as soon as the cap starts on a flag you are able to get it to grey by any player in the cap zone.

| | | |

Comment

I thought camping was not part of the tactical game vocabulary? Seems I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Exadus View Post
                  I thought camping was not part of the tactical game vocabulary? Seems I was wrong.
                  What exactly are you referring to "camping"?
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X