X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking squad leaders to make room for supporting members

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
    - 5 or 6 squad leaders got kicked for supporting members. This always seems to happen right after breifing and moving out onto the road. This means the convoy takes so much longer to regroup and plan the next assault, and unless that squad had a smart Second In Command, things usually get confusing and fall apart.
    This point was brought up by fuzzhead in The convoy and blob thread, but since it is going off topic of that thread, I thought I would post it as a new topic here.

I was one of the squad leaders that was kicked for a supporting member. It was so frustrating too, as I could tell early in the round that it looked as if the whole team would be working together in a large convoy. That much teamwork rarely happens, and I was looking forward to it. Alas, I got kicked pretty early and couldn't get back into the server at all after that for some reason, even though I kept trying repeatedly for about 15 mins. I finally gave up and went to bed.

Is there any way to change it so that the server will kick the longest playing non supporting member who is not leading a squad? I know it has happened to me a few times in the past, and sometimes my squad mates hold my spot, and sometimes not. But either way, as fuzzhead points out, it usually creates a breakdown in the communication structure and overall organization for that team. Sometimes the person stepping up to squad lead just does so because they have to, and not because they are capable or necessarily wanted to in the first place (they might not even have a mic, etc.).

I know that people have brought up the point about being kicked before (as I have read on the forums) only to be met with a chorus of "well then, become a supporting member" responses, but I was curious if this particular point had been brought up, about squad leaders I mean. In all fairness, I probably will become a supporting member anyway. But I agree with fuzzhead and have thought of this even before his post. IMO, kicking squad leaders just causes a breakdown in organization on the team and perhaps should be looked at, as every player is not willing / able to squad lead. I readily admit that I am not sure this outweighs the importance of the current policy towards getting more supporting members, just that it should maybe be discussed if it hasn't been already.

Just my .02 / braces for impact of litany of "become a supporting member" replies. :)
    Last edited by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL; 12-19-2009, 03:14 PM. Reason: typo
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Kicking squad leaders to make room for supporting members

Sorry Randy, but this topic has been brought up many, many, many, many, many, many, many times in the past, and the answer has always been the same. The current way is the best way, the admins have discussed this issue thoroughly and it's not going to change...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

damn nardini beat me to the punch

yeah it's not going to change, sorry.

Comment

Just become a supporting member :) its what all the cool kids do

Comment

it says somewhere if you dont like getting kicked, then become a SM.

Comment

The other randy would have known the answer :p

I think the CO of a team will not be kicked by script

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

As others have said, become an SM. Try to find those 9 bucks somewhere.

Comment

Yup that may be the oldest discussion on TG. It was a hot topic back when Vanilla came out I remember, and the whole kicking system had been set up. Aah so nostalgic of you to bring it up Randy ;).

Comment

What if we made a complex and elaborate system that could make certain squadleaders excluded from the non-supporting member kicklist based on their forum reputation and ribbons or even TGU courses/irregular status.
                  A lot of variation can be imagined, like if you have completed a basic SL course, you can avoid being kicked for 2 hours. BasicSL+Ribbon = 1 round, Irreq = 2 rounds, and so forth.

It would most likely take a lot of time and work, but it would be a good idea to put another step between being SM and nonSM, besides irregulars. And a motive for some people to step up and be a part of the community.

The concept behind this is that people who we know and respect should be treated as a guest who is always welcome to stay a little longer then complete strangers.
                  Also calling nonSM status a demo or trial version of the full service is false, it fails to show newcomers how much fun a whole round at TG can be.

I think the SM kick is fair and good but as everything else, it can be improved. As long as we can provide constructive feedback, i see nothing wrong with discussing this topic.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm fairly certain it's not changing. The current solution, while not perfect, is the fairest to everyone - both non-sm's and sm's.

Locked.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...