Christmas wish: moar snow map and...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas wish: moar snow map and...

...Christmas cease fire at 12AM Dec 25. Please read on...

I was going to post this in the Christmas Wish thread, but I take that as more of a "wish" thread, and this is a serious request so I made it into a new thread.

My TG Christmas wish has 2 parts:

1.I would like to see the snow map played more often, beginning maybe in the afternoon / evening (US EST time) of Christmas eve (Dec 24), and continuing through Christmas day. Maybe change the map list so it comes up like, I dunno, every third map or something? This way it would be on frequently just for the holiday.

2.For everyone to cease fire at 12AM EST on Christmas day (and maybe once more at 12AM GMT for our European friends?) and come together in no man's land, shake hands and take some screenies. I think that would be cool. We would really have to get the word out to the smurfs and pubbies though. If enough regulars read this post soon enough, and start spreading the word through the server about 30 mins to an hour before the designated time, it could happen.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL; 12-24-2009, 01:50 AM. Reason: typo
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Christmas wish: moar snow map and...

Definitely a cool idea to come together and have a cease fire like what happened during WWI, but i dont think there are going to be very many people playing on christmas day because alot of people are going to be with their families and what ever else people do on christmas day whether or not they celebrate it.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I'm definately up for it, but I'm pretty sure I won't get to play tonight.
      |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Id like to see the snow map w/o vehicles

Comment

The ceasefire won't happen because all you need is one guy who doesn't speak english or is a total tool box and you fairy tail cease fire goes up in flames.
          sigpic

Comment

What makes the person a tool box for wanting to play the game instead of roleplaying WWI?

I would be the first to shoot anyone that mentioned that we should have a ceasefire
            If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
              What makes the person a tool box for wanting to play the game instead of roleplaying WWI?

I would be the first to shoot anyone that mentioned that we should have a ceasefire
              The point being, that it wouldn't be just a *game*, but an event. It's not roleplaying WW1, he was just using the Christmas Truce as an example of coming together peacefully on a battlefield.

It would be a cool thing to do, especially if everyone were on Mumble.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Cool idea definantly... Once the cease fire is over though we should have a line bayonette fight!
                PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

I like the idea...

Actually I wanted to do some bobsled racing I think it would be great fun.

Supply Crate = Bobsled.

Use truck to ram bobsled down a hill, as you go down you will start picking up speed and go faster and faster (weird bug)... should be interesting !

Comment

Merry Christmas Spirtfire and Katanama! You guys get the Grinch award! Heaven forbid anyone just want to have a little bit of fun on Christmas Eve.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                      Merry Christmas Spirtfire and Katanama! You guys get the Grinch award! Heaven forbid anyone just want to have a little bit of fun on Christmas Eve.
                      Or even the Scrooge Award too!!!
                      sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Great idea. Lets just hope if we do it that nobody ruins it

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                          Definitely a cool idea to come together and have a cease fire like what happened during WWI, but i dont think there are going to be very many people playing on christmas day because alot of people are going to be with their families and what ever else people do on christmas day whether or not they celebrate it.
                          Are you kidding me? Social recluses who play video games 24/7 are even more likely to ignore their families on Christmas, after they open their presents.

I hope that we can do this, it will make my Christmas slightly worth recognizing-it's been tough time around here.

Comment

I wish I could be in for xmas, this laptop blows.........

Comment

Im happy to log in several hours after my initial suggestion, to see that it has met with positive responses (and also see that the couple grinches out there were shot down, lol). So there is hope for the world after all. :)

I plan on being in the server a little later (I have a couple more presents to wrap right now) so I will start spreading the word maybe like an hour beforehand. I will shoot for 12AM EST, I think a lot of people will still be on at that time, given that it's a holiday which makes it kind of like a weekend. Hopefully the snow map will be on at the time, which would make it perfect (am I asking too much for admins to change to snow map at like 11 PM?). The concept works best with Western forces (I know many Chinese probably don't celebrate Christmas, but it's a lot closer than having the MEC faction doing it, plus the snow...).

Anyone who reads this thread, even if you are not replying to it, please help me to spread the word in server about an hour beforehand. I will tell everyone also to get some screenies, maybe cap some video too. This could be something really cool we could post later on youtube, etc. and I think it would promote the comunity as well as just being cool.

Merry Christmas fellas, see you in server after a bit!
                              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X