Winning on insurgency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning on insurgency

With the rally points removed taking out all 10 caches on insurgency has become hard for the blue force and I mean hard like a blind lesbians nipples in a fish store hard.

Without the right tactic that is.
    What usually happens is that despite timid efforts of teamwork caches can not be taken out, or only at a high cost.
    With no rallies the blueforce has a hard time to keep up the pressure, while insurgents spawn from nearby outposts and from covered positions are able to throw back the blueforce again and again, which is unable to pierce, even if multiple squads attack toegether.

However it can all be solved with the right approach split up in 3 phases, Deployment setting up and harassing.

1. Deployment
    When no cache marker is avaible a sizeable force at least 3 squads should seek out contact with the enemy, backed up by armor of some kind, even an humvee. A team this large gives the medics enough breathing room to revive and heal.

If a marker does pop up, do not rush on top of it with an humvee that is likely to be met by 15 insurgents. That is (un)healthy optimism that will get the humvee and squad killed.

2. Setting up

The team needs to be split up in 2 units of roughly equal strentgh. Each squad needs to set up an outpost roughly opposite of each other taking into account things like permanent spawnpoints (mosques).
    Do not move up directly to the point you want to set up the firebase. The firebase should be 200-350m from the move marker. Move to a point that is like 500-600m out from the cache and level with the location you picked, then move torwards the location. That is to avoid setting up an outpost with an enemy outpost in your back.

The first unit moves torwards the cache, as it runs into enemy fire it should take cover and engage the insurgents from a save area instead of getting shot while looking for the cache. If the Squadleader expects his squad to be engaged for a singificant ammount of time, he can order his medic to drop his patches in a safe area, to avoid having mulitple wounded.

The unit that is second to approach should be able to push very deep on the cache marker location and eventually take out ouposts and the cache itself.

3. Harassment

Whenever 2 cache locations are avaiable, a single squad should set up an oupost and engage insurgents from a safe area, to make sure insurgents split their forces between the avaible caches approximately equal. The squad should do so from an area it can defend and hold and preserve as many tickets as possible untill a second firebase has been set up and the cycle can be repeated.

Insurgency in an urban area.

In an urban area the situation is pretty similiar to about each other map. In a large city, like Ramiel the blueforce can usually move pretty safely 300m out of a cache location, so deployment should not be a problem.
    The main difference is, that battles might be fought over a smaller area and a lot of insurgents are concentrated in a small space with plenty of cover, making it hard to control the area.

Most of the times, there is some kind of large road in the cache location. Armor can keep that road open from a safe distance, restricting the enemies movement.
    The team needs to take and hold houses on their side of the street.
    While one half of the team holds the bluforce side of the street, the other half needs to push up across the street and clear out the houses on the opposite side and hold them.

The team holds now a significant number of buildings and controls all adjacent street and alleys, while the armor can put down fire between the 2 teams.
    One squad can now attempt to search the area for a cache. If insurgents do not counterattack they probably redelployed closer to the cache area and eventually the blueforce has to leave the city block it holds and occupy the city block the OpFor redeployed to.

Again if 2 cache locations are avaiable a second squad should attempt to harass the secon cache location, to make sure the Opfor splits its forces between the caches.

Re: Winning on insurgency

Good stuff.
    I love playing on Bluefor when they actually work together.

[media]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/Cassius_19/Insurgent_norally_city.png[/media]

Ive done that before, so cool to do when you actually have all those squads working together. We did get rocked pretty hard the first attempt though.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
      Good stuff.
      I love playing on Bluefor when they actually work together.

[media]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/Cassius_19/Insurgent_norally_city.png[/media]

Ive done that before, so cool to do when you actually have all those squads working together. We did get rocked pretty hard the first attempt though.
      I know, I was there, what happened was a blue mob charging and then getting shot up, not 4 squads taking the houses and then 2 squads holding the other side of the street.

Comment

Here is a TIP..

Dont let any of your squaddies take AutoRifles/Marksmen/Sniper/Hat/Anti-Air(yes Ive even seen AA kits go out event though the insurgents have no air assets)/LAT/Combat Engineer Kits outside of the US main..

The one advantage that the BluFor has is its Heavy Vehicles and its Scoped Rifles.. Feeding the insurgents these kits is a great way to ensure defeat.

Comment

The last time that was tried on the second Karbala round, we got pounded because nobody was watching the flanks and the strikers weren't putting fire downrange. We lost 2 or 3 vehicles but not too much infantry and we drew them out and they used their mortars, which ended up being a good thing, I suppose, in the end.

You gotta watch for mortars if you use the 300-m-away thing. If they mortar you it's useless.

Comment

Well I picked the Karbala scenario because that was still in my mind.

If you are too far away, say 500m you might be too far away to keep up the pressure and reinforce your squad if you do die.

Comment

Should be mandatory reading, so I can reference it when commanding in game.

Great write up, Kilgore.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                Here is a TIP..

Dont let any of your squaddies take AutoRifles/Marksmen/Sniper/Hat/Anti-Air(yes Ive even seen AA kits go out event though the insurgents have no air assets)/LAT/Combat Engineer Kits outside of the US main..

The one advantage that the BluFor has is its Heavy Vehicles and its Scoped Rifles.. Feeding the insurgents these kits is a great way to ensure defeat.
                I would submit that on certain maps in certain situations, taking an AR out of main is a good use of the kit. i.e., Basra when you're in a squad with 2 gun landies supporting the tank. Also, there are a couple spots on Archer, etc, where an AR/MM/SR can sit and be covered from inside the main base by the rest of the basedefend squad but actually be outside and thus provide more effective fire than he can from inside while not risking the kit.

However...these are relatively rare instances. And under no circumstances whatsoever should an AA, HAT, LAT, or CE be taken anywhere where an enemy could possibly get it.
                "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

On Karbala that one round up in A3/4, I felt safe enough with like six .50s around me and thirty troops that I picked up a H-AT to down some of those destructible buildings. My squad stayed back and pounded the crap out of the place while the rest advanced. It was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                    Should be mandatory reading, so I can reference it when commanding in game.

Great write up, Kilgore.
                    Thanks scopes arent that huge of an advantage depending on the map and with rallies removed pretty much the only advantage the blueforce has, except for being able to pick and choose where to fight, but with so much going against the blueforce some coordination and setting up is needed.

Comment

dont forget:

IED dont stick on bikes, C4 does. if you lose a combat engi kit they have lots of bomb bikes.

| | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                        dont forget:

IED dont stick on bikes, C4 does. if you lose a combat engi kit they have lots of bomb bikes.
                        This is why the CE kit should never leave the BluFor main... as well as the HAT and LAT kits.

Comment

I think its fine if the LAT leaves main because it has many uses such as destroying buildings, clearing buildings, killing hideouts at a range, or killing technicals. Depending on what role your squad is doing and how much support yu have I think that sometimes the LAT is required, especially on Archer. If lost its a disadvantage, but not as deadly as a HAT, or even a SAW.
                          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

No AT should be taken in the field past friendly heavy support. If you've got strykers by your side in open ground where an insurgent can't grab the kit, that could be okay...

But to bring even an LAT into the combat is a bad idea. (Combat Engies do have their purpose in the field, mind you-mines can be removed in areas and C4 can make great impromptu defenses on a temporary holding point, but they should be guarded with utmost importance, because nothing is worse than ignoring a black car driving around only to have it appear again behind you with 14 packs of C4 on the front bumper).

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
                              I think its fine if the LAT leaves main because it has many uses such as destroying buildings, clearing buildings, killing hideouts at a range, or killing technicals. Depending on what role your squad is doing and how much support yu have I think that sometimes the LAT is required, especially on Archer. If lost its a disadvantage, but not as deadly as a HAT, or even a SAW.
                              Bringing a lat out of the main isnt such a biggie if you have a good reason for it. Insurgents have tons of lats as it is anyway.

It is far worse to lead your squad over and over torwards the cache marker, like a moth drawn to the flame. Winning has become hard enough as it is, if you do things like leading a 6 man squad against 15 insurgents hoping you get lucky without setting up and without backup, you keep wasting your team tickets.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X