What a way to kill the server???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a way to kill the server???

Why oh why do you have a peace summit at 1:30 am on the Snow Map when you have 38 people in the server????

Does NOT make sense. Good way to stop the action, I had 2 entire squads disconnect and folks that were joining disconnecting. Can I suggest that if you want to have a Peace Summit do it when there are only < 20 people???
    sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Re: What a way to kill the server???

Well it may of been annoying to some, but no one forced the fighting over flags to stop. We only asked not to be shot in that certain area, but everyone had to camp around it looking for free kills on ATVs and pilots.
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Its 1:30 in the morning, the Chinese were winning and a few people wanted to mess around w/ ATVs Fuzzhead was spawning b/c ATV demolition derby is fun. You and the others that didn't want to join the ATV demolition derby had the rest of the map to fight over, we took up a few keypads that werent even near objectives so honestly don't know why you're complaining. We didn't even start the ATV demolition derby cease fire business until it was 14v14 on the server.

Comment

It became 14 X 14 when my last 5 sq members quit and then I did too.
        sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Did Chris drive out of bounds and lose his ATV in the first 3 minutes or what?

Comment

The byproduct question from this then is that the snow map wasn't a one night thing?

EDIT: Also, why is everyone complaining so loud, it was 1:30 in the morning. This wasn't peak hours with a spontaneous drain on all of the players, this was probably people having fun before going to bed. Now, I know not everyone has fun the same way, but I fail to see the issue with such a meet in the dead of night.
            Last edited by mat552; 12-27-2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna be completely honest here. These sort of spontaneous rule changes are lame, and in fact completely counter to the TG primer. If you want to play grab ***, request a special event to do so, don't take up server time.

"Oh paine, you don't have to come, it's volentary!"

Yea well, when half the server decides to do it, the rest just leave. its not a good way to operate the server. I'll have a grab ass session with chris or anyone else who wants it, off the server, send me a PM.
              Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

This is not Constructive, I suggest a lock.........

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                  This is not Constructive, I suggest a lock.........
                  It happens often enough to merit discussion, how would you like to guest moderate it?

sigpic

Comment

Well in my experience it was a one off event that never really materialised anyway. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I have never really witnessed this before.

Comment

It is Christmas and to me it sounds like this is a reference to Peace/Love/Humanity that is part of the reflection of Christmas. I guess we all know the legend of it happening in WWI.

Perhaps it is an attempt at such humility. I can respect that and actually I believe the larger numbers better for it due to this. Perhaps, it should have been joined by more of the players, 38 individuals standing together celebrating sounds nicer than 12.

I thought 'gatherings' rare. They happen and this seems one of them. I wasn't there so I am not sure of events but to me it sounds like this and if so, I believe it was a good idea considering the time of year and the nature of what it means to reflect. Not a bad thing then but actually a good one.

Merry Christmas all.

Comment

Fuzz approached me about putting on Snow Storm on Christmas Eve around 11pm because he wanted to have bobsled races with supply crates. It just so happened that the rotation worked out so it was on anyway at the time he requested. I'm not sure if it ever happened or not, I wasn't on the server nor monitoring it the entire time, I just saw that the map was on around midnight my time.

Were there any admins present during this "event"? I'm thinking the answer is no. If this is the case, then whatever happened during this time, cease-fire or not, was nothing official and merely an agreement between the players on the server. Whether the players elected to participate or not is up to them, and if others decided to violate the "cease-fire" then that also is up to them.

In light of this, let's knock off the nonsense about not running the server right or killing the server with silly ideas. If anyone has a problem with what happened, pm the person(s) responsible if they are regulars here, otherwise let the frigging thing go and move on.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

dispo, always the sage.

sigpic

Comment

Its a once in the year thing related to the spontaneous peace summit initiated by some german units along the trenchline in WW I during christmas. Actually the folks who did not take part in it added to the authenticity, because while some Units on either sight took part in the christmas break, others on either part did not.

Also it wasn a legend, it did happen.
                            Turned out zhe Nazis in WW II were not as laid back.

Comment

Even better - Being in Berlin and logging on to do it. But I digress :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X