Archer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer

Are the devs going to move the main? If they just put it on top of the mountain south of the castle, all the problems would be solved. They are moving the falluja main and that map wasn't nearly as bad.
    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Re: Archer

PM them thru TG or on realitymod.com and ask them, can't hurt.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Archer sunday night:
      60 - 0 won by Taliban

Archer yesterday :
      90 - 0 won by Taliban

Archer today :
      90 - 0 won by Taliban

not completely sure about the remaining caches, but Taliban won all 3 rounds.

IMO it's not just the lack of rallies, but the lack of communication.
      Well of course there are a couple of people on mumble maybe even
      some SLs, but other than "hey can you drop me in xxx", "hey we got the cache"
      and "f*ck im gonna quit" there is not much is being said.
      Nobody really wants to call out every single contact and there is usually
      no commander, because it can get quite frustrating,
      but that's just the reason why we haven't seen BlueFor winning a lot of Insurgency rounds lately.
      |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Either I am Taliban and getting run over by passing choppers, which is always funny to my squadmates, or I am US defense squad, and I am killing my squad with wire.

I am good Squad Leader. Build my wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Paine View Post
          Are the devs going to move the main? If they just put it on top of the mountain south of the castle, all the problems would be solved. They are moving the falluja main and that map wasn't nearly as bad.
          It would be less bad if players didn't give the enemy HAT and sniper kits to overwatch the main. I do agree that moving it to the mountain would be good for gameplay, Taliban already have enough advantages in the field as it is, they don't need to push the main.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

get a good basedefence squad, dont go out with hat, CE and sniper and you are fine.

| | | |

Comment

*sigh* the Canadian Forces are FINALLY coming to PR and the one map we have for them is currently a miserable waste. Maybe the addition of the LAV III will give the BluFor enough long range punch to get some offense going.

Comment

Bad Disco bad! I don't want to see Archer turn into Al Basrah.

Comment

Hey, I'm with you Axis. Despite my long (and very informative) posts concerning the convoy strategy, I personally much prefer using stealth and small unit tactics. Nevertheless, can you think of a better way to make Archer playable again? I'm not even suggesting that adding the LAV III will work. Unlike Al Basrah, in Archer you don't have miles of open desert to gun down insurgents across. You have a hilly, vegetated environment where RPGs can pop up behind a hill or an IED can hide behind a bush. Those LAV's are as likely to be death-traps as killing machines.

Comment

Hmm. Maybe the LAV will help get Blufor into the villages, more easily then the Humvee. I doubt the LAV will last long sitting on a hill. It would probably be used to give cover to advancing infantry(LIKE IT'S DESIGNED FOR), so they can get into the villages.

Comment

if players wouldnt drive on the road straight into the ambush .....

why is everyone using the damn main street on archer? everyone knows that there is a 90% chance of an ambush on that crossing.

| | | |

Comment

Like Bullseye said.

Archer remains one of the best balanced maps you can get on insurgency, simpley because it's not a rapefest from 500 m away seen on Karbala and it's not slaughterhouse like Korengal. I think it's a right mixture, and with a little bit of organization both sides have the same chance to win a game.

Village near the center of the map might prove difficult, but be smart, gain some intel where it is and use the mortars to do your job where no m-16 can effectively reach. Other locations where cache might be are pretty much easily accesable with some proper leadership from 2 or 3 squads.

Remember, this map is beautifully balanced.

But I agree it takes much more leadership and teamwork on BluFor then on OpFor in order to win, but that's how insurgency was, is and will be.

Comment

Archer is one sided towards the Taliban.

Ramiel is the only balanced Insurgency map
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Perhaps it could be as simple as making the Citadel in the center of the map "Capable" and once the US takes it they get a repair station and Crates there, effectivly making it the US MAIN. Helo's could ferry troops too and from and repair and rearm their crates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                              why is everyone using the damn main street on archer? everyone knows that there is a 90% chance of an ambush on that crossing.
                              It's exactly like watching a train wreck. You know bad things are going to happen, but you get a guilty pleasure from watching.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X