X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alteration to the supporting member kick

TG community,

First things first, i understand the need for the supporting member kick. But i feel it could do with alterations. If possible (im 99% sure it is, as [R-DEV]Afertdune made a similar script for .:iGi:. IIRC) i feel it should be altered so Roles that are crucial for gameplay and teamwork be immune from the kick. The three roles im thinking of are:

Squad leader (not the officer kit, but the leader himself)
    Crewman
    Pilot

Any more roles, and its hard to draw the line as all roles in game are important. why should these roles be immune? arguable these 3 roles are most crucial for team cohesion and teamwork, the kick not only effects the player being kicked but the squad/team as well.

watcha think?

Re: Alteration to the supporting member kick

This has been discussed in at least 30 threads. Not going to happen right now.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...g-members.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...d-leaders.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...g-members.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...d-members.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...kick-room.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...mber-kick.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ng-member.html
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...g-stories.html
    Those are just a few examples. Feel free to peruse the discussions.
    Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0
    The current solution, while not perfect, is the fairest to everyone - both non-sm's and sm's.

Comment

To be fair, asch and others have stated that they are not opposed to changing the scripts if a fair solution can be found, so let's not just brush it off. I'm not saying I agree with gazz, but I am saying that I would like it if we could keep the responses focused on the topic and part of a discussion, or just simply don't post a response.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I think $8 a month is not much to pay if you want to play on the TG server. Even when I was in high school in 1923 it was not that much.

The server is for paying members first, that is the bottom line. If you like to play here but cannot support the operation of the server, then you will have to wait for a slot or be kicked for those that do pay to support the TG servers.

I think it is pretty simple. There is no need to modify anything to accomidate non-paying players over paying members.
        sigpic

Comment

yeah i hate when im in a apc/tank and my gunner gets kicked or i get kicked. i dont mind so much when im inf.
          i understand the reasoning behind it though. maybe i will pay once my new computer gets here.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
            I think it is pretty simple. There is no need to modify anything to accomidate non-paying players over paying members.
            What about SMs who's non-SM gunners get kicked for another SM? I think we need a script that kicks the non SM that's been playing the longest who isn't in my squad.

ENGAGE! (kay thanx)

Seriously though, as much as I hate seeing "critical" players get the boot for an SM, you can't beat the fairness of the current script. Changes make me scared.

One example... SL immunity. How many two man locked squads would we end up with? How many of the great SLs wouldn't get to SL because someone doesn't want to get booted? Just on the numbers that's 18 potential people immune to the kick regardless of their SM status, if all of those are non-SMs then we're possibly eating into some SMs opportunity to play.

If you plan on being a high profile component of the team (CAS pilots, etc.) then you should probably disconnect/rejoin at the start of the map to try an avoid any midflight kicks.

Comment

I forsee the crewman kit replacing the rifleman kit in a lot of squads if this change were to be enabled. Of course, replacing the rifleman kits with pilots wouldn't be so bad - it would make my kdr approach .500 - maybe....

Comment

pilot kits running around might actually give me a kdr, considering it cant really count as a ratio if you're 0-10. :D

Comment

Perhaps a fair solution would be giving the "vital" person (or any person in fact) a warning that they are next in line so that they have time to return whatever asset they may be using or make an alternate arrangement

Comment

The problem with a warning is that it could be 15 minutes before you actually get removed or it could be 15 seconds. No one will know when it will be until the next SM clicks "Deploy".

Comment

That warning thing might be an alright idea. It may help a little or help none, but I don't see how it could hurt.
                      |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                      sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                      I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

"ankyle62, you are being removed for a Supporting Member. Dreadnought, YOU'RE NEXT!!"

|
                        |

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Speaking as somebody who is subject to the kick himself, I would not mind it if people who are squadleading or having a pilot kick would be spared, crewmen could still be subject to kicks, seen as how the asset wont crash and burn.
                            However I must say that I am in bed when the peak hours start (or should be :p), so the kicks do not affect me as much as Americans (by which I mean all of the continent) living in the midwest or west.

Comment

Warning that you're next won't hurt, it just is worthless, that's all.

"It warned me but I didn't have enough time to land my chopper full of people!"
                              "You need to give us more warning!"
                              "I got warned and went ahead and landed, then I didn't even get kicked for another 10 minutes when I could have been owning in the chopper/jet!"

See where I'm going with this? Probably not...

This falls into the "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" category that we deal with every day. I don't think it is worth the time to code it, personally, but we can certainly run it up the flag pole and see who salutes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X