us main base on operation archer

What did you use?
    10 x c4

How did it work out?
    1 x bomb car, 3 x big red

| | | |

Comment

Re: Your last ambush

Barracuda, road leading down to Munition Dump (Or how's it called)

Mines, HAT.

No vehicles trespassed the whole round.

Comment

Operation Archer, West and East road out of US main.

3-5 people. 1 CE, 1 pkm and 2 normal riflemen with RKGs to resupply on mines & ieds works best.

I always have a transport car close to have the ability to change locations
        fast, when we are getting overrun or no more vehicles take the road we are ambushing.

usually turns out pretty well with my squad ending up with 30+ kills.
        Last edited by STealthBanana; 01-10-2010, 10:02 AM.
        |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Where were you? Road going north out of fishing village, left hand side, below ridgeline. Ambushed an infantry squad moving west to east in front of us.

What did you use? Fairly standard 6 man infantry squad layout.

How did it work out? Full infantry squad annihilated with no friendly casualties.

Just add what ever you did last time

As SL I spotted enemy point man moving across our front, unaware of my squads proximity. Instructed my squad to hold fire and prone below the crest of the ridge and remain in that position just s/e of the squad now north of us moving left to right(west to east) in front of us.

We got eyes on the entire squad and established the size of the cat we were about to skin, allowed them to move into a manageable kill zone and then sprung from our concealed position. The ambush was initiated from a distance of less than 20 metres. We were on them in seconds with precise and overwhelming fire, all enemy call signs were eliminated in considerably less than 10 seconds. We then ransacked their kits for ammo, intel, money and letters from home before exfil'ng the area.

Hugely satisfying.

Comment

Tools: 1 LAT, 4 M16s, 1 LMG

How it worked: My squad initially moved to dam, where we engaged a 3 man squad. We then moved to the top of the dam to secure the Eastern flank. When up top, commander notified me of a full truck heading towards dam from the North. I set up the squad to face North. Sure enough, it came into view. LAT fire first, followed by small arms ass kicking.

http://www.xfire.com/video/1e217b/ (sorry for crap audio)

Comment

Tad Sae .87d

Chinese Rigid inflatable and M249

SL ordered two boats to be positioned side by side with engines off, sitting and waiting for enemy boats/soldiers to appear on the coast line or in the water way. The third boat which I was in set its self up on the other side of the river, bit down stream from the shipwreck, and a little farther up from the two boats on the other side, to make the enemy think one boat was waiting, and not realize 2 others were laying in wait in the backfield.

Ambush worked out extremely well, upon joining the squad, I witnessed 2 enemy boats get shredded and crew go topside, only to be shot Mussolini style in the water. Soldiers on land were cut in half, with Rigid Inflatable's front gun, as well as AR fire set up on land.

We concentrated firing into deployed smoke, a few shots at a time, as well as stopping and then opening up so a medic who was going to the down victims would think it was all clear, and then have hell of the dragon unleashed on him.

Eventually we were over taken, due to 2 ACOG SAWs from the SE which was hidden beneath the brush, and caught us not paying attention to our blind side.

It was a success, and stopped the advance of US infantry by boat in the beginning of the round.
              Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 01-10-2010, 01:50 PM.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Tad Sae 2nd week into .87

5 man US Recon squad on the western edge of the map using ACOG SAW, medic kits, 1 aim point rifle, 1 ACOG rifleman for observation, and myself with an aim point m4 + pistol

Worked out well. We moved up slowly and very stealthy on the western edge of the map with weapons set at red (do not fire at all), ACOG rifleman was instructed to take point and head up in front of us. we moved all the way up to the western corner of the map, right into the enemy's back hard and took positions in a modified line formation on a hill and on the sides.

SAW was in the middle, medic was on the lower right side, Aim point rifleman was on the top right, Acog was on the top left, I was on the lower left.

Our man on point had told us to lay down, a patrol was nearing our directions, coming from the north. And it was just that, it was truly amazing how close this 6 man squad came to us, at one point I thought their SL was going to step on the medic.

After they passed, we moved up, took our positions on a hill which would enable us to fire down below on any passing patrols as well as switch to a right or left position without giving anything away, and still allowing the aim points to be in range, as well as the ACOG to be able to use the rifle for any runners, and to make them think we had a marksmen. I instructed the ACOG rifleman to use 3 shot burst when the patrol was to our direct south, to make them go down, the two aimpoints to use single, and the SAW to take out the medic first, then the officer.

It worked out very well. We ambushed 2 squads, the first squad going south, and then the second squad which came in to support/revive. The SAW took out the medic first, which really confused the patrol, the officer was taken down third, the second kill was the player who picked up the medic kit.

The second patrol came from the south, directly south of the squad which was ambushed. I had my guys shift a little to the right, so we could use an angle on them. As the squad crested the hill, the SAW lit up on them, and the 3 shot bursts made them dive for cover as the rest of us picked them off or suppressed them enough to have them sit and wait while the other patrol bled out.

*Tad Sae is one of my favorite maps to perform 4-5 man recon/ambush squads and also to teach the players how to use a point man, how to walk slowly in the jungle and how to practice formations, or modified formations.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Where?

Paine's house.

What did you use?

A paper clip, ballpoint pen, rubber band, tweezers, nasal spray, and a turkey baster.

How did it work out?

He struggled at first but eventually gave in.

Comment

My last ambush. Gone wrong.
                    http://www.xfire.com/video/1d9455/

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

My last ambush was the last time a had a signifigant kill streak. I was outside the US main on Korengal with a couple of smurfs. I was using an SKS and I eventually took out 4 US soldiers as they tried to come out of the base. They then assumed I was a whole squad. And sent a stryker after me. I hid under some bushes for about half an hour until it left. Then I killed 5 more guys coming out the the main and bayonetted their squad lead. So I guess it worked real good for me, as for the smurfs I mentioned...well...they sorta died in the first few seconds after contact.
                      Last edited by zzman305; 01-10-2010, 03:34 PM. Reason: Left out the part with the ninjas

Comment

The last ambush I actually executed didn't go quite as well as I had hoped.

It was on Korengal as an Insurgent. I set a few IEDs outside the entrance to one of the mountaintop cache locations (in the South/west region) and waited for an enemy squad to approach. As they came in I detonated my IED, killing:
                        - myself
                        - three teammatets
                        - two OpFor
                        - the cache

Obviously, I had misjudged the placement of my ambush.

Oh, there was the other ambush I took part in, as Taliban on Archer. With a full squad and access to IEDs, mines and RPGs we took out a convoy of two Humvees and a Supply Truck with no casualties.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by tomking View Post
                          my last ambush. Gone wrong.
                          http://www.xfire.com/video/1d9455/
                          lol!
                          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Where were you?

Kashan - As a Rifleman

What did you use?

Grenades

How did it work out?

An entire squad had their shovels out building this FOB (Even their squad leader), I managed to sneak up without anyone noticing... I threw one grenade it killed 3 people, then 2 more which killed the others who incidentally were still shovelling the fire base regardless of the grenades killing their comrades.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                            Erwin Rommel

Comment

Well not mine but I was part of it. The trigger man was havok.
                              Where were you?
                              The winding road on the west side of kerengal leading up to the south part of the map.
                              What did you use?
                              I think he used 10 IEDs, and my distraction PKM.
                              How did it work out?
                              Two humvees with 3 guys in each died
                              Just add what ever you did last time
                              Mix setup a hideout in the middle of the road and instructed havok to put ieds all around it and use the hideout to draw the US in. After about 30 minutes of no contact near the road and the fighting going on further north, two humvees roled down the main road and went of the for west side of the map. I tracked them with my PKM and found them just as they were climbing onto the road near the IEDs. With one ontop of the IEDs and one further away I shot at the rear one hoping it would run ahead into the killzone. It slowly moved up as the first humvee's driver dismounted.

Fearing that he had seen the first IED which the humvees were parked around I told havok to blow it who was waiting in a safe location. When the string of 10 IEDs that had been layed all along the road went off it supressed me even though I was 100m away and humvees and bodies went flying.
                              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X