Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List nato codewords.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • List nato codewords.

    Found this list of nato codewords.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brevity_code

    Maybe somebody who was in the military feels like doing a PR version of it, removing the codewords that wont be of use ever in PR.


  • #2
    Re: List nato codewords.

    Okay. I'll start by making my own codeword under C.


    Cougar

    To rage quit. Used as in I cougar, they cougar, he/she/it cougar.

    | |

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: List nato codewords.

      Not to be completely spam, I can see a use for some of the words like Winchester or Bingo.

      | |

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: List nato codewords.

        Marine you forgot B

        Bullseye

        To selflessly dedicate oneself towards the success of the team at the expense of personal glory.

        Example: His resupply work in the last round of Muttrah was totally Bullseye.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: List nato codewords.

          I can't understand a word that you are trying to say, your mic it totally startreckern'd.
          |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
          sigpic


          If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
          I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

          -J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: List nato codewords.

            Nard:

            The epitome of Last Stands, Defenses and Hold-Outs. Also may refer to someone who likes get dirty to pictures of G3s.


            "Dude, we like totally Nard'd the apartment complex"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: List nato codewords.

              Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
              Okay. I'll start by making my own codeword under C.


              Cougar

              To rage quit. Used as in I cougar, they cougar, he/she/it cougar.
              As a verb: Cougared; in regards to leaving unexpectedly.

              20 minutes into the round I cougared and went to do some laundry.

              *cougar don't take offense, its all in jest.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

              sigpic




              Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: List nato codewords.

                No looker - one who doesn't look at the map/checking the map before opening fire with a rifle, vehicle, or while in aircraft.

                "I'm going to need a revive, a no looker got me."
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                sigpic




                Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: List nato codewords.

                  W Wickens//Wickens'd -

                  To use offensive but humorous terms;
                  "Dude, I/he/she/it totally wickens'd that player"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: List nato codewords.

                    Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                    Nard:

                    The epitome of Last Stands, Defenses and Hold-Outs. Also may refer to someone who likes get dirty to pictures of G3s.


                    "Dude, we like totally Nard'd the apartment complex"
                    Must spread, bla, bla.

                    DB

                    «That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

                    | |





                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: List nato codewords.

                      To be Filed under B:

                      Broken Arrow: when Munitions dropped by Aircraft, fired from Attack Helicopters, or when an Area attack is called prematurely resulting in friendlies being killed/wounded/vehicles destroyed instead of enemy forces.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                      sigpic




                      Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: List nato codewords.

                        Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                        To be Filed under B:

                        Broken Arrow: when Munitions dropped by Aircraft, fired from Attack Helicopters, or when an Area attack is called prematurely resulting in friendlies being killed/wounded/vehicles destroyed instead of enemy forces.

                        "The United States code for calling in all available aircraft or artillery for an airstrike and/or artillery strike very near a friendly position which has been overrun by the foe, and therefore creating a high probability of 'Blue-on-Blue'."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: List nato codewords.

                          Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                          Nard:

                          The epitome of Last Stands, Defenses and Hold-Outs. Also may refer to someone who likes get dirty to pictures of G3s.


                          "Dude, we like totally Nard'd the apartment complex"
                          I would acctually say that a Nard is to run 500m infront of your squad and yell on them for being to slow. :)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: List nato codewords.

                            Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
                            W Wickens//Wickens'd -

                            To use offensive but humorous terms;
                            "Dude, I/he/she/it totally wickens'd that player"
                            I/He/She/it totally "drunk old British geezer"'ed that player?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: List nato codewords.

                              Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                              "The United States code for calling in all available aircraft or artillery for an airstrike and/or artillery strike very near a friendly position which has been overrun by the foe, and therefore creating a high probability of 'Blue-on-Blue'."
                              Not to question wikipedia, but I am pretty sure that broken arrow was a codeword to call in all aircraft, yes, but only for that specific mission seen in the movie and not a general code word, to be reused.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X