Ramming with cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramming with cars

I was playing insurgency earlier today and the topic was brought up in all chat that you arent supposed to ram with vehicles as insurgency, which I thought was allowed as did most people.

Suicide tactics are FORBIDDEN*. Such tactics include suicide c4 jeeps (or any other vehicle), ramming any vehicle or player with a vehicle and blowing yourself up to cause the death of the other player.

* Exception: Insurgents in the project reality mod may use suicide vehicles and c4

Now after reading that I would say it isnt allowed, but some people are confused. What is the final say in this?

I like the ramming with vehicles, if you were an insurgent you would use everything possible to kill the enemy, and that would be a last ditch effort.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Re: Ramming with cars

Insurgents can commit blatant suicide in any means necessary to kill the Blufor. It's always been like that.

Comment

My understanding is that going out in the field with the sole intention of running people over is forbidden because you cannot recreate the damage that the vehicle would take. It doesn't have to do with the suicide tactics rule, but rather trying to keep it as realistic as possible.

Comment

He is talking about running people over with an overwhelming intent to do so. Which actually isn't a suicide tactic. Last night on Karbala McGann said it wasn't allowed.

4. Suicide Tactics

Suicide tactics are FORBIDDEN*. Such tactics include suicide c4 jeeps (or any other vehicle), ramming any vehicle or player with a vehicle and blowing yourself up to cause the death of the other player.

* Exception: Insurgents in the project reality mod may use suicide vehicles and c4
        It doesn't state insurgents can run people over and the only exception I would presume is with suicide vehicles.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
        Erwin Rommel

Comment

Originally posted by Rtoups View Post
          damage that the vehicle would take
          ..?

Comment

If you run people over in real life, your car takes damage. It does not in PR.

*note: the above is purely fictional

Comment

The point is, is that in BF2 and PR I could run 32 people over in a row with my cive car and it would be fine and keep driving fine, but if you tried that irl it would stop after a few people and could have damage to the body or other parts that could affect the performance of the car the BF2 can't show.

On the other side of the story if you have a tank you can run over 32 people irl or ingame and it won't damage the vehicle so it is allowed(unless you're one manning).

The rule in my interpretation is just meant to keep what we do to what the vehicle could do irl. So for me, I think this is within the rules. Anything thats an apc or above, you can roadkill all you want since one could irl and wouldn't get damaged. Cars and CO trucks you can only do that one pass and not make a huge swerve to hit the person.
              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM0ozEa7asA[/media]

That car -totally- took damage..

This one stopped but not because of the people:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtfC8...eature=related

Comment

If you look closer, it did.

By the way, I think it is a bit tasteless.

I take it you never witnessed an animal-vehicle crash either? Hitting a deer can be enough to put you out of business.

Comment

Not that I want to get into the facts about people getting run over, but that car only glanced the people and didn't run them over. I personally wouldn't even trust a truck to make it through a crowd of people wit no damage or a major reduction in speed or control, especially in the insurgent civie cars.
                    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
                      Not that I want to get into the facts about people getting run over, but that car only glanced the people and didn't run them over. I personally wouldn't even trust a truck to make it through a crowd of people wit no damage or a major reduction in speed or control, especially in the insurgent civie cars.
                      Any vehicle that is equiped with a cow catcher should be fine to run people over. But, most vehicles don't have them.

This should be fine:

If you hit someone while driving in PR that's fine. Circleing around and just driving around looking for people to run over is pretty unrealistic. IMHO
                      What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

Originally posted by McGann View Post
                        If you hit someone while driving in PR that's fine. Circleing around and just driving around looking for people to run over is pretty unrealistic. IMHO
                        I agree!! It ruins the game!

In real life if you shoot a car 5 times in the engine its done. In PR you have to land a lot more to stop it. It also is hard because the vehicle sounds don't give a good indication of distance. So when you could be shooting you are hiding because it sounds like the car is already on you. When in actuality its still quite far away.
                        sigpic

Comment

An older thread about the issue:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...s-ramming.html

Enjoy. :)
                          [S7]Hablos
                          Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

@ Star: I can search the internet to find examples to prove you are wrong just as easy as you can find examples to prove yourself right.

This car struck and killed 4 people:

This car hit 2-3 people on bicycles:

I could go on, but is it necessary?

More specifically: Insurgents can run people over. Don't abuse it.

@McGann: That's TIV2! Designed specifically to withstand a direct hit by an EF2 tornado so that the crew can capture IMAX footage of the event for a movie. The guy who designed and built it is Sean Casey.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

"4. Suicide Tactics

* Exception: Insurgents in the project reality mod may use suicide vehicles and c4"

I have to question why in the primer that killing others by ramming and suicide tactics are even in the same bullet? They are considerably different things. Placing the two together muddles the TG policy on the tactic.

The way it is written makes it sound like - ramming as long as it does not result in an explosion is legal to do.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X