X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old TGU Training Ribbons

Greetings,

I have noticed some old TGU training ribbons being used in signatures.

To clarify the SOP on TGU training pins vs. ribbons, please review the policy at: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ng-awards.html

In summary, old training ribbons are not authorized for use anymore. If you have one, you need to trade it in for a currently supported TGU training pin that corresponds to the outdated ribbon. TGU training ribbons no longer exist in the awards system.

TMAN
    sigpic

Re: Old TGU Training Ribbons

IIRC, the finalization was never made on that (if i remember the conversation with eroak correctly, back when he was still manning the Ribbons post), which is entirely my fault, seeing as I was the one responsible for making all of the pins, which never got finished. Thus, there are TGU classes for various ribbons, including game-specific courses that are not complete and at present still require ribbons.

Plus, in retrospect, the pins look like crap and need to be overhauled anyway (and I dont feel the least bit bad about saying it since I made them, so the only one being offended by the comment would be me). The ribbons keep a much larger sense of congruity with the ribbons system. There is a specific rhetoric and classification for the ribbons. With the pins, no such system exists or can exist in conjunction with the ribbons. I think this is something that the admin staff needs to mull over, but thats my personal opinion.

Comment

The policy is in effect and all ribbons are required to be replaced with pins although the post referenced is out of date as the complete list for CoD is missing. The penalty for not conforming is risk of having your signature removed and if your really so upset with the quality of the pins then submit some new suggestions but this ship has already left the dock.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Then I'll redesign them, but it's being done under protest for the reasons stated above. But if I'm going to do so, I need either Ribbons or someone on the admin staff to PM me a COMPLETE list of pins that need to be created, for all games.

Comment

The pins that don't look that bad, especially the ones that you did up in the beginning. They look a whole heck of a lot better than the few that I have done up since then. I like the pins better than the ribbons, they need to be different to show that they aren't the same thing as the ribbons. They are earned in a different way.

Comment

Not to be a jerk (but I am) - beyond T's initial announcement the rest of this conversation belongs in either the admin forums or the TGU forums.

Thanks.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Exactly.

Just pointing out current policy. It wasn't meant to be a discussion.

Until otherwise pointed out as a policy change from TGU, the current policy to use pins over ribbons is the current one.
              sigpic

Comment

Old tgu ribbons

If you are wearing old TGU ribbons for training, please remove them.

Please check the forums and rules.

TMAN
                sigpic

Comment

OLD Training Awards from TGU

Greetings,

If you are wearing old TGU ribbons, please remove them according to policy established by TGU and the Ribbons system.

TMAN
                  sigpic

Comment

This is important enough that T has created two threads about it.

If you have old TGU ribbons on please remove them ASAP and replace them with the appropriate pins, linked in the first post in this thread.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X