"Mouse Look" help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mouse Look" help

Hello, I use a hat stick to look around when flying and picking a landing spot, Only trouble is that it stops controls while I'm looking about. I have seen youtube videos of HeadTrackers still being able to fly as they look around (Im halfway through making one) but how do they do that!?

Thanks,

Luke

Re: "Mouse Look" help

They are using TrackIR. It is a device that tracks your head movement and mirrors those movements in the in-game camera. It's great for TrackIR supported games. I use it for flying and racing. However, BF2 is not a supported game for TrackIR, but TrackIR has the ability to emulate mouse movement. That's how they get it to work in BF2 since it is not a supported game. For example, if you're using TrackIR's mouse emulation, you may be able to look around in the cockpit, but when you are out of the aircraft you will have to control your pilot's movement with your head. It can be difficult and the cons may exceed the pros. Search Youtube for TrackIR. There are some really cool videos displaying what the device can do.

Comment

It is possible to make TrackIr work with bf2, even looking around in jets without losing control. Sadly, it is not supported by punkbuster and it will kick you for it. There is no other way to look around and keep controll of an aircraft at the same time. In some vehicles the nr. 7 and 9 weapons are different views looking to the side, thats the closest you can get.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if this is on topic, but I use a MS Sidewinder Pro joystick, and my hat switch does not support "mouse look"; I can't just "look around" while using my joystick.

What I can and do do, is assign the different views to my 4 hat switch directions. The way I have it set up is; (clockwise from the top) UP, RIGHT, COCKPIT, LEFT. I have one of my flap buttons set to the rearview camera, and you can obviously set it up any way you want, but I find this type of setup invaluable while flying with a joystick.

Otherwise, it's tough to mouse look for those of us that "stick it".

Hope this helps. And or I hope that somebody else has a better solution...

Comment

@ Unit3d_Kill3r

What program are you using for Mouse Look with the HAT-switch?
          I've been using JoyToKey which works great, sometimes. Most of the time it wont work( nothing happends when moving the HAT). I've not looked into it much since I don't fly anyway.

Comment

I use a X52 Pro, I use the HAT switch as "Mouse Look" and then use the mouse on the throttle gauge to look around, Thanks for the help,

@Bastard, Yeah, I know what it all is and that, I'm making one, but for the time being I just want to look around like the normal mouse look yet still controlling...

@2clipsonekill, So does JoyToKey still let me control the craft?

Comment

@ Unit3d_Kill3r
              No, I think nothing will, it's most probably hard coded.

Comment

:'(, Very Upset

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse