Need a file please....:(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a file please....:(

I had problems with pr since i installed FH2, it messed my shaders very badly and also my nvidia 3d profiles for some reason, So ive searched on the net and also in the technical problem thread and Ive found out that I needed to reinstall patch 1.41, so thats what I did and the problem disappeared but created a new problem, I am now getting kicked by pb because my file DBGHELP.DLL is corrupted.

So if someone with a clean install and without technical problems would be kind enough to upload this file so i can replace it with my corrupted one, I would really appreciate. Thank you in advance.

ps: i cannot reinstall my game right now cause i dont have the dvd with me and i have excedded my download limit for this month already:(
    sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Re: Need a file please....:(

I searched the file and found it on about 3 different folders (UT4, System32 and another one), none of those was related to BF2 or PR directly. You might want to search for it on the web because it seems to be a system file or part of a third party program.

Edit: I found it on the BF2 main folder (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\): http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnnyzwo3yj0/dbghelp.dll

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

strange, it is supposed to be in your main bf2 folder in programs files, anyway ive just downloaded another one ive found on the net, im gonna try this one and let you know after
      sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

Recheck my previous post, I found it. But I also found this:

Originally posted by http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-general-discussion/5743-md5tool-mismatch-solution-3.html#post92268
        That file was not updated for the vBF2 1.22 patch, therefore it is not included in the patch. The patches only update files that are new or have been modified. The dbghelp.dll file has never been altered in ANY patch.

And no, someone can not just send you the file because once you have it an installed; you will get kicked again except not for a “missing file”, this time for an “altered file.” If I send you the file, and you put it in your directory, it will change the date it was last modified, which PsB checks, and kicks, for.

The only solution for this problem that I know of would be a clean install. Sorry mate, but somewhere along the way, either you or one of the 8 other mods you have installed screwed with something it shouldn’t! I say 8 because PRMM does not touch that, or any other, file in your vanilla BF2 directory.

Sorry bro, wish I had another alternative!

For future reference, could you list the mods you installed???

Thanks,

-Slick
        Looks like sending the file won't make it work.

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

I had this exact same issue.
          UNinstall BFv reinstall it and patch it. Leave FH2 on the system do NOT uninstall it. Now try, it works for me. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X