Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Chopper is Better?

Greetings TG.

I was flying both of these recently on Kashan, and I like both of these transport choppers. They both have unique qualities that I admire:

1. Mi-17 HIP:

To me this is the mother of all choppers - easy to fly, fun to operate, stable and HUGE! The machine guns are like stationary positions on the ground; just 200 feet in the air. This is a great starter chopper for new pilots. Best one around for learning in-game flight without risking the farm on humiliation.

2. UH-60 Blackhawk:

Actually, not so simple to fly. She is not very responsive, but I think she pays in speed later on in a 500feet to 25feet dive. Fun to fly, but has great machine guns. Makes good sounds too!

So, what do you like and why?

My Favorite:
    Best Attribute:
    Why I like it better than the other one:

Answer with the poll and your perspective on these lovely PR choppers.

TMAN
    Mi-17 HIP
    30.36%
    UH-60 Blackhawk
    69.64%
    sigpic

Re: Which Chopper is Better?

My Favorite: HIP = she was the first chopper I flew in game!
    Best Attribute: Easy to fly
    Why I like it better than the other one: It is great to dive with this one from 500 and drop a crate!
    sigpic

Comment

UH-60 Blackhawk

Once you master it it's the best chopper to fly with.

Comment

UH-60 is better for my flying style, the HIP is too slow and doesn't respond well enough when flying nap of the earth
        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

My Favorite: BlackHawk!
          Best Attribute: Easy to land inside the bunkers on kashan
          Why I like it better than the other one: HIP seems huge and slow. Also if you land the HIP inside a bunker ur gonna have to tk someone most likely to get out.

Comment

I prefer the Blackhawk. But I don't underestimate the Sky Fatty. But she is HUGE, like "Cougar's avatar with a rotor blade" huge. The Blackhawk has those ridiculous miniguns, which kill things that aren't armored fast.

Comment

They both perform extremely well for their intended purposes. Such as all helos, they are all used for different reasons and what you understand that it's not the helo that is better but rather the pilot themselves,

Comment

UH-60 for me. It is faster and you can at least attempt to get out of situations where you've headed near enemy armour. - Where with the sky cow - you have no chance if you use evasive maneuvers.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                Erwin Rommel

Comment

Blackhawk for me too.

The 'cow' is too big and slow to maneuver although it is easy to fly.

The sounds on BH are great and it is fun to fly.
                  sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

i dont fly, but with the sky cow im always scared about catching a tank round. those things are great targets.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Lynx?

Comment

I personally prefer the Black Hawk. It's simply far more maneuverable.

However, the Sky Cow has the ability to kind of 'tack', by which I mean tilt over corners of hills and stuff while still maintaining forward motion in a direction. So for that I respect it. :)

Comment

I see why you guys like the UH-60, but in most situations i would rather have the Mi-17.
                          If you know how to dodge and manouver with this thing you can do just what a blackhawk can do but pull out a lot easier, it also is much more stable and when landing it doesn't want to slide forwards like the UH-60. I would gladly trade the high sensitivity of the UH-60 for the size and ease of flight of the Mi-17.
                          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

My Favorite: UH-60
                            Best Attribute: Speed, firepower and maneuverability
                            Why I like it better than the other one: It looks cooler, has a better gun stsyem and like the overall feel
                            |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
                              I see why you guys like the UH-60, but in most situations i would rather have the Mi-17.
                              If you know how to dodge and manouver with this thing you can do just what a blackhawk can do but pull out a lot easier, it also is much more stable and when landing it doesn't want to slide forwards like the UH-60. I would gladly trade the high sensitivity of the UH-60 for the size and ease of flight of the Mi-17.
                              I agree with Chris. Even though its slow and a huge target, once you really get into how it handles and its strengths and weaknesses its alot better than the UH60. Primarily the handling, i find that if you dive in a BH your going so fast that you can really only take wide corners and you fly really close to the ground. If something comes into your path and your doing 600 its harder to turn out of the way. Where as the MI is slower out of a dive and in general and is easier to handle. It also belly slides ALOT nicer than the BH does and doesnt tip over on the nose on those skid landings. The only thing id give the BH over the sky cow is the miniguns and speed ( only when its needed)

Slow and steady wins the race...
                              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X