Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilds and Guildplay on TG Servers, a question

Hello,

I've long been a huge Tactical Gamer fan, though I've had little reason to do aught but read these forums in the past. My brothers in the Black Company are MMO fanatics, and our guild, while PVP-centric, has always focused on persistent worlds rather than shooters. That being said, Project Reality is a game I grew passionate about in my own time, over the last couple of years.

Recently there has been a shift in that assignation of interests, due to circumstances beyond our control regarding the current MMO du jour for us (Mortal Online). The Company has decided to officially deploy to PR 0.9, something about which I am very excited -- I've raved about the TG community's methodology and philosophies to my guild at-large for years now, as many of them line up perfectly with our own style of play and discipline. Mostly, of late, I've talked about how the TG servers are the only servers that are dependably mature and heavily focused on teamwork, even in "pick up groups".

So, this brings me to the point of my long-winded post:

Is there a way for a guild to register with TG such that we are less likely to be auto-balanced off of the same teams/sides for any given round/map? Is there a way to register a guild such that we are included in TG-organized events and training sessions?
    Are those the kinds of benefits only extended to people playing with the TG tag? If so, do other guilds often play under the TG aegis for specific events?

My search-fu must be off because I've spend quite some time over the last two days trying to find the answers to said questions, but have had little success.

In closing: my apologies to those who know where to find this info already, I am not the type to stop and ask for directions, such as it were, but with 0.9 releasing, and my not finding the answers on my own, I'm hoping that some kind soul will be decent enough to spell it out for a simpleton, such as myself.

Thanks, in advance, to anyone who can lend me a hand or point me in the right direction.
    ---------------------------------------
    Hanibal
    The Black Company - Infantry Division Commander

http://tbchq.org

Re: Guilds and Guildplay on TG Servers, a question

There is a lot of information regaurding TG tags, In House TG squads or "guilds" so to speak (example TG-Irr), I will start digging some links for you to check out.

I'm sure this thread will be flooded with links for you to check out soon.

Also, there might be a way for you to create a new in house squad for your BC friends. I'm not sure of the policies.

One thing I would mention though is, Do not expect to play with just Black Company players only while on a TG server. Stacking happens on teams naturally. But it's healthy for server balance to put your clan mates in your cross hairs every few games.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Unfortunately hannibal, the answer is no as far as the autobalance thing goes. The best you can really do is try to keep yourselves on the same team manually. Now, I'm not saying this because you guys are from an outside clan/guild. We cant even do it for our in-house-squads. A lot of the time when you see guys from the 6th on different teams, its by choice to help balance the gameplay a bit. However, even when it's not, we cant do anything about it except try and switch to a single side over time, and we're fully sponsored by TG.

As for the training events, all that is required to attend those is to be registered on the forums (which you obviously are!) and get your name down on the signup sheet. Most events, from training to scrims, are all first come-first served. And thats a global thing, again, so you'd have just as much chance of signing up for something as I do or one of the admins does. It's done that way for just that reason: to be fair to everyone, TG tagged or not.

As far as benefits, theres no particular benefit to playing under the TG banner. We welcome anyone and everyone, tagged or not, as you've seen in the past. The only thing at TG that comes with a real benefit is the supporting membership. For 8.95 a month, you get reserved slots on all TG servers, webspace, email, private supporting-members only forums, priority (sometimes) for scrim signups, and a few other perks which I'm forgetting.

So I hope that helps out! If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me!

Looking forward to seeing you on the server!

Comment

Great -- thanks so much for the information, guys.

Based on what I'm reading, I should have been looking for information at a global TG level, and not so specifically within the BF2 forums and subforums.

I'll head back up and post some links for our Captain to review, and probably get in touch with you, Ferris, regarding a supporting membership for myself soon enough.

Thanks again!
        ---------------------------------------
        Hanibal
        The Black Company - Infantry Division Commander

http://tbchq.org

Comment

About TG tags.
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/faq.php...earing_tg_tags

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

From the Wiki, on creating an IHS:

http:// tacticalgamer.com/wiki/index.php/Guidelines_Creating_IHS

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
              Great -- thanks so much for the information, guys.

Based on what I'm reading, I should have been looking for information at a global TG level, and not so specifically within the BF2 forums and subforums.

I'll head back up and post some links for our Captain to review, and probably get in touch with you, Ferris, regarding a supporting membership for myself soon enough.

Thanks again!
              Tactical Gamer as a community is involved in far more than just Battlefield titles, or FPS in general. There are so many games hosted/supported here that I've never even heard of, let alone played.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X