Feedback thread for Project Reality 0.9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback thread for Project Reality 0.9

Ok we all had a chance to play the new version of PR yesterday, and as much as it was anticipated I can imagine most of you did.

What do you like about new version ? I for one like the feeling that PR gives. That vanilla taste in your mouth is really disappearing and it's starting to steer in direction where it can compete with other, commerical games.

I had a great round yesterday, taking it slow, still adjusting to things, but overall it was great. I'm still amazed how effective artillery is, we killed 10 people on the spot, and for any of you who played PR before know that is a massive amount of casualties for slow pased game like this.

What I also noticed is people rush less, fighting over one large area, where bullets swing by and you really get a feeling you're on a battlefield is a definitive plus for me. Coordinated long range assaults where you're literally ''poking'' enemies seeing what their next move is before making yours. Being strategic what it's all about.

Also, how did the new release effect your tactics, the way you play ?

Please post your feedback only if you've actually played a game and not something you think will happen. I have ideas of my own what a negative side of .9 will be but I'll keep it to myself as I haven't experienced it just yet.

Re: Feedback thread for Project Reality 0.9

I thought it was the most impressive release I've seen to date. The step up in graphics on some of the maps is quite something, in fact such a step up that it has rendered PR unplayable on my current rig, almost single figure frame rates at times. Thought the kit geometries were great, the new Brit desert kit etc. The new factions are really interesting, IDF, Hamas and the Canadians etc. The new deployables look good and seem a bit more user friendly.

Overall the release has a very polished, commercial look to it, few bugs here and there but thats to be expected, incredible piece of work, well done Devs.

Comment

It is the first day for many so ofc it'll be a little cautious, that will change to the worse overtime. Had a nice game yesterday with good teamplay and tactics, like it should be on TG. Über view distances, sharpened graphics, the gun sounds are metallic and I really love that head movement while running. And the player cosmetics are beyond what I would've ever thought of PR. Did have a good deal of lag though.
      Here's some shots from yesterday in orpall's squad.

Comment

The password event yesterday was great. Although, I must confess, it was my first one on TG.

Had a go on a couple of maps, which I found to be beautiful! Especially the great canyon and the many details in Iron Ridge caught my eye. Also, the changes done to Qwai River were really refreshing. However, it seems that many people had to downgrade their graphic settings in order to enjoy gameplay with good frame rates. That did not only apply to Iron Ridge, but also to Yamalia and Beirut. Maybe a short guide could be written how to get the best performance with minimal downgrading of settings?

The improved accuracy when making small steps really gave a much better gameplay when it comes to close combat fighting. I agree with the statements about the grenadier kit: Finally, it can really give some heat.

The vehicle warfare mode turned out to be a very short game - as expected - on public server. But that is simply a consequence of the lack of group tactics displayed in these player enviroments.

Comment

knmock down your AA settings, this should improve framerate with keeping your graphics high. THough everything wil llook choppy

Comment

i like that and i hope it will be same in the future:

| | | |

Comment

Like everything but some of the maps. City maps are damn near impossible to play because of poor optimization.

Comment

Please fill this out:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...-template.html

Comment

I had severe FPS drops on Beirut (100-> ~30) when looking into the city.
                  First I changed AA down to x2 and texture to medium, didn't help that much, but it was playable.

Then I changed my sound from Creative X-fi to hardware and it seams to have helped.
                  (everything else on high x8AA 16XAF) and not below 50 fps in Beirut.

BTW:
                  @Wicks
                  With AA on it's pitch black when I'm revived.
                  On Quai you got abit annoyed, I walked where the medic told me. He didn't tell me to stop however and I couldn't see a thing so I went too far in the right direction.
                  Last edited by 2ClipsOneKill; 02-06-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Silent Eagle blew me away, possibly the most stunning example of mapping I have ever seen in a game. At the same time, speaking as a pilot, it is the most terrifying map I have ever played on. (But it still fit the ambiance!) This is probably the first map I have ever played that I could almost feel air and smell the local smells in.

Beirut is going to have some SERIOUS teething issues while it gets going, the long viewdistance and easy rooftop access made armored movement damned near impossible once the Russians figured it out last night. (Did I mention TOWs can go on top of buildings?)

The chinook isn't as cool as I thought it would be, but I think that may just be a large part of how much it got hyped. (It's also one hell of a bastard to fly. It goes faster than the lynx, is bigger than the merlin and has less cockpit viewports than the blackhawk) The new kit geometries are a wee bit bugged, but a big step up over kitbags, I also really love the new US look, especially the airborne :P

Qwai seems to have just received to push it needed to fall from unstable stalemate to utterly impassible stalemate with the introduction of stationary TOWs. Last game it took forever for the chinese to retake Objective 60, which they would have done in 20 minutes of sporadic fighting in .87. The flags are still balanced for the chinese, (there is still the majority of chances for two flags on the chinese, one on the us) That said, I still love it. I won't stop loving it, you never forget your first.

...still drooling over Silent Eagle.

Comment

Silent Eagle, Yamalia, and Iron Ridge are just simply amaizing! and so is the new deviation i can actually kill the enemy now!

Frame drops are to be expected with such a big release and they seem to happen in big cities mainly, like gaza strip and beirut, However on the open maps such as Silent Eagle and Yamalia frame rates were pretty good!

It would be nice to have two servers running alongside so non sm members or pubbies dont get kicked 10 minutues into the game! as was happening last night and again today.
                      PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

The TOW's are very hard to kill, you can't really shoot the guy on it from the front it seems.
                        Put 15 BTR rounds into one yesterday to no effect and just now I took out a tank point blank while bleading, it fired a tank round into the TOW and shot me with machine gun but I survided the setup time and shot it.

Comment

So far I've played Dragon Fly, Asad Khal and Yamalia on TG, and I also took a crack at the Co-op mode with Op Archer. While the gameplay changes and new maps I've seen are truly breathtaking (Yamalia in particular just looks "real" in the sense that everything feels to scale, like that exact patch of Siberian wasteland might actually exist somewhere) I have to confess that I find myself underwhelmed with the Canadian Forces. I feel like perhaps they would have been better off staying out of the mod until v 0.95 and until some more assets were complete. As it stands now, the only unique Canadian assets are the C7 (which has no unscoped variant), LAV III, and the G-Wagon and Leopard Tank (Although both of these were built on German Army assets). The C9 is essentially an M249 that was painted green. The LAW is borrowed from the IDF, the Eryx is pure Vanilla, the Pistol is from the Brits, The Chinook is shared, and everything else is a placeholder (M14, M203, M40, etc). Visually, while the CADPAT camouflage looks great in both Green and Arid variants, the lack of new Kit Geometries or Voices leave the Canadian's feeling too generic. Altogether it just feels like the Canadians are only half-done, very much like how the Brits felt back in 0.5 When they were first introduced.

Comment

Best fire fight i have had in a while
                            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Though it may just be factors of new, not-yet-accustomed to battlefields, I enjoyed how the pace of fights has slowed down and is more deliberate.

(And that there's a TOW on Silent Eagle...)

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X