Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

    5. Basecamping

    Main bases: A main base is defined as a flag where the opponent has their only permanent spawn point (this includes a mosque spawn point on insurgency maps - this is a clarification of the rule).
    UCB: The opponents main base which cannot be captured.
    On Silent Eagle, the Abandoned Airfield is not an uncap, nor is it the team's only permanent spawn point -- one exists on the south side of the map (permanent) as well as the paradrop spawn (semi-permanent).

    A question was raised in the first sticky (top sticky on the forums) as to whether the Airbase is considered the US's "Main" as it is not uncappable nor is it the team's only permanent spawn point. I'd like to ask what the rule here is regarding it, because the map is somewhat unique in that way - no other map is like it with the main bases.

  • #2
    Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

    Yeah currently I'm hoping for a custom rule for this map. Destroying rows of assets where they spawn (this did just happened at the Missile silo, US blew up 3 BTR's and 2 BMP's that were unmanned) doesn't feel like what the mapper had in mind.
    But since this is all new it might be to early to say anything, maybe this will feel right after some time.


    EDIT:

    One could make a "Save the assets"-squad on the Russian side and have 6 guys one-man all those APC back to the Russian main.
    Doing so might be disliked by the Admin's though since it's technically against the rules.
    Last edited by 2ClipsOneKill; 02-06-2010, 11:12 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

      I'm going on a hunch here and guessing that since many of the US Assets spawn/respawn at the Abandoned Airstrip Flag, it should be treated just like the Main, but Capable bases on Kashan.

      Don't shoot anything at or near it until it is in play.

      | |

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

        Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
        I'm going on a hunch here and guessing that since many of the US Assets spawn/respawn at the Abandoned Airstrip Flag, it should be treated just like the Main, but Capable bases on Kashan.

        Don't shoot anything at or near it until it is in play.
        sounds good to me

        "All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

          The admins are discussing this now and we'll get back to you.

          I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

            Originally posted by 2ClipsOneKill View Post
            Yeah currently I'm hoping for a custom rule for this map. Destroying rows of assets where they spawn (this did just happened at the Missile silo, US blew up 3 BTR's and 2 BMP's that were unmanned) doesn't feel like what the mapper had in mind.
            But since this is all new it might be to early to say anything, maybe this will feel right after some time.


            EDIT:

            One could make a "Save the assets"-squad on the Russian side and have 6 guys one-man all those APC back to the Russian main.
            Doing so might be disliked by the Admin's though since it's technically against the rules.
            To clarify on your point, it was 2 BMP and 1 BTR. We decided to leave after that because it didnt feel right blowing up all your toys at the start like that. Sorry :/

            Maybe a patch in the future can spawn those russian assets at their main? However that leaves the abandoned air strip in the crosshairs. Only way to fix that is make that the US main but who knows...
            sigpic


            Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

            Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

              Sounds a bit like quinling which used to spawn big assets at a forward base and they were destroyed without ever being used


              also the old kashan though usually people had the sense to take them away


              If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

                I'd agree with the sentiment that it should be considered an uncap for a few reasons:
                1. it's WAY the hell away from any of the other flags.
                2. it's the only location for rearming supply trucks.
                3. it's the location of the CO post.

                All three of those things are synonymous with uncaps on every other map in the game. It just makes sense.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

                  Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                  To clarify on your point, it was 2 BMP and 1 BTR. We decided to leave after that because it didnt feel right blowing up all your toys at the start like that. Sorry :/

                  Maybe a patch in the future can spawn those russian assets at their main? However that leaves the abandoned air strip in the crosshairs. Only way to fix that is make that the US main but who knows...
                  Then somebody else must have blown up the other 2 BTR's because it was a single BTR left.
                  After the 2 BMP and 1 BTR destruction it was a pause and xsoldier asked in chat if it was allowed to attack that flag.
                  Around 1 min later something blew up 2 more BTR's. Maybe bugged blast damage from the one standing next to it?
                  I don't know.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

                    if its acapable point go for it all it means is the team in controll of it should defend it against attackers rather than call baserape

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Silent Eagle Main Base Clarification

                      It is being discussed. Until a resolution is achieved I'm going to lock this thread and will reopen it once we've reached a decision.

                      "You milsim guys are ruining the game."

                      Comment

                      Connect

                      Collapse

                      TeamSpeak 3 Server

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Twitter Feed

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X