Lashkar Valley - British Main

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lashkar Valley - British Main

The British main on Lashkar Valley can be entered by the Taliban as there is no Dome of Death.

Entering the British Main is considered spawn camping and will not be tolerated.

From our Primer:
    Most all of our games have specific rules about attacking the primary spawn points where players enter the game. In Counter-Strike Source, these rules are imposed by not permitting a defensive team to simply run to the offensive teamís spawn. It serves a dual purpose in that the defensive teamís objective is to defend an asset, either a group of hostages or a set of defined bomb points that the offensive team is trying to reach. In Battlefield 2, these rules are imposed by restricting a teamís ability to enter an uncapturable base for the purpose of killing players who are just spawning or entering the game.

So why do we have these rules? Itís quite simple. In the case of Counter-Strike the purpose is to keep the players focused on their primary objectives rather than padding their own personal scores.

In Battlefield 2 it becomes a bit more complex; when a player enters into a game they lack any form of situational awareness. They are not able to determine the situation to which they are entering and do not have the opportunity to mount a proper defensive reaction. In the real world, reinforcements would be transported in and would arrive with their situational awareness intact. An offense could be assembled in an area not currently in conflict, and a push could be made to re-take regions that have been overrun. By restricting the assaults on uncapturable bases it allows this occurrence to happen in spite of the gameís limitations. It allows both teams to organize and present themselves in a strategic and tactical manner without having their lack of situational awareness exploited by the opposing team.
    Attacking the British Main via mortar strike or small arms fire is acceptable per the current rule set (which are going to be reviewed again), so long as those attacks are launched from outside the walls of the base. Bomb cars are also acceptable so long as the driver and any passengers remain in the vehicle and they detonate the bomb in the car. The lack of a dome of death is considered a bug on the map and therefore it will not be allowed to be exploited.

Entering the base in violation of this will result in admin action being taken.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Lashkar Valley - British Main

Query; in the event of a bomb car being driven into the british main and the driver being shot out. Can a bike then enter the main to take the car and detonate.

Also, what about unarmed civillians in British main?

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post

They'll get shot without hesitation no matter where they are...

Comment

Attacking bases vs camping spawns

Sounds good to me, spawn camping is very poor gameplay and reminds me of quake deathmatch more then any tactics. I would class this along with bunny hopping and carmegedon in that its just the bf2 game engine showing its face in what is supposed to be a tactical game not arcade - ie. theres no wider skill or thought involved.

On the other hand I would recommend the latest bf game, bc2 as a very good alternative for anyone who does like arcade games

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Query; in the event of a bomb car being driven into the british main and the driver being shot out. Can a bike then enter the main to take the car and detonate.

This is the most frustrating part of trying to establish rules for gameplay that are fair and consistent: No matter what you do, someone will look for a loophole or a way around it when they know full well that they shouldn't.

Do I have to lay out every variable in this scenario and then establish a particular rule for it, or are you guys bright enough to understand the intent of the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
            Attacking the British Main via mortar strike or small arms fire is acceptable per the current rule set
            I'm good.

[Scrolls through contact list on phone to find "Commander"...]

Also, Dispo, the first scenario is completely applicable and could be specified... The second was silly...

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
              Also, Dispo, the first scenario is completely applicable and could be specified... The second was silly...
              Can I enter the main as an unarmed civilian and detonate the car? Can I enter the main as an unarmed civilian and grab a discarded kit?

Hey, you know, whatever you people need to do to rack up your kills and get your jollies. Forget about defending your caches, which is the objective of the insurgent team, let's spend time trying to find creative ways to get into the main so we can get a few cheap kills, right?

Comment

As I do agree with the loophole business you mentioned 110% Dispo. You're not the only one who hates this to no end, I also would like to the Insurgent team get their bombcar back. I'm not saying they should abandon their caches to preform Operation Bombcar Freedom, but atleast let it be able to repsawn in their main so they can put it to good use against advancing armoured targets..

Comment

...Yeeeeah. Not even slightly referring to the unarmed civilian part.

Comment

...Yeeeeah. Not even slightly referring to the unarmed civilian part.
                    Gotta get the last word in on everything, right?

The dome of death is not active because it is bugged. Stay out of the British main. How much more simple can I make it for everyone? Why do we need to go through the exercise of reviewing every possible scenario?

Let's turn the tables here, just for fun. Let's pretend Celestial is an admin:

What are the rules for the British main on Lashkar? What is acceptable and what is not?

Comment

Let's pretend Celestial is an admin

^ Everybody.

^ Celestial, framed by his previous works of infamy.

Comment

Understood.

Comment

Oh yes, because i obviously thought ”Dispo's made a new rule, i need a loophole so i can grief. Hahaaha”

My question was serious and a serious response would be nice. An unarmed enemy rushing into the base to recover and utilise the bomb car in my opinion is fair game.

If i offended your high and mightyness i apologise, but don't be a git about it.

Comment

Let's turn the tables here, just for fun. Let's pretend Celestial is an admin:

What are the rules for the British main on Lashkar? What is acceptable and what is not?
                            Insurgents may only enter US main on Lashkar Valley while driving vehicles that explode when you hit alt fire, and only for the purpose of detonating those vehicles, as the dome of death is not present to keep foot infantry out of the main.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Oh yes, because i obviously thought ”Dispo's made a new rule, i need a loophole so i can grief. Hahaaha”

My question was serious and a serious response would be nice. An unarmed enemy rushing into the base to recover and utilise the bomb car in my opinion is fair game.

If i offended your high and mightyness i apologise, but don't be a git about it.
                              Per the wording dispo gave above you can't even drive into the main with a bomb car since you are prohibited from entering main, so your question is not valid to begin with :) His clarification addresses the bomb cars and how you must be in them when you go into the base.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X