This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick for members

How does the kicking of players for a supporting member or admin work? I heard it kicks whoever has been connected the longest so that a SM or admin can join. Is this true?

If so is there a reason TG decided to kick the longest playing player rather than the newest player that just joined? It seems to be kicking people that have established a squad and are leading squads or working well with them. Wouldn't you think that kicking someone that just joined and possibly hasn't any ties to a squad or knows what their squads objective is, would be better?

Re: Kick for members

TG's SM kick is automated, and chooses the longest-playing non-supporting member to remove when an SM joins the server. That's why the server is full at 62/64, to allow the auto kick script to work. Sometimes, the script gets overloaded and the server is full 64/64, so an admin has to manually kick a non-SM; they'll generally choose the longest-playing player still.

The script works unbiasedly, regardless of whether you are a squad leader or (unfortunately) flying a chopper. It's not perfect, but has been the best solution for now.

| |

Comment

Understood, but I guess my main question is how did TG come up with kicking the longest playing member instead of the player that has played the least? Most of the servers that I have played in for regular BF2 kick the shortest playing member because they would have just joined and not have interacted with a squad or objectives yet. I guess I see it as why kick someone that loves the server enough to continue to play on it rather than someone that just joined and may not stay long?

Comment

I would guess that it is so new players can join and the server gets some turnover of non-supporting members.
        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
        So that when they turn their backs on you,
        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

It is to give everyone a fair chance to play. Think about it: If the newest person was kicked, then the longest person in the server would NEVER EVER be kicked. Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectral View Post
            How does the kicking of players for a supporting member or admin work? I heard it kicks whoever has been connected the longest so that a SM or admin can join. Is this true?

If so is there a reason TG decided to kick the longest playing player rather than the newest player that just joined? It seems to be kicking people that have established a squad and are leading squads or working well with them. Wouldn't you think that kicking someone that just joined and possibly hasn't any ties to a squad or knows what their squads objective is, would be better?
            I'm curious to get your opinion on kicking players who just joined if you were kicked immediately after joining? Perhaps then you would ask for it to be the longest playing non-supporting member, giving other players a chance to play on the server?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X