Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Warfare mode: feedback

Guys

I added two Vehicle Warfare maps to the rotation today: QinLing and Kashan. I'm looking for feedback for those that have played that game mode in the patched version.

How did it play?

Is this a mode you can see working if left in the regular rotation at TG?

Was the 5 minute respawn on tanks ok?

Plus anything else you can think of.

Thanks

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Vehicle Warfare mode: feedback

Qinling caused every single person to CTD.

Comment

Yes Qinling did crash to desktop. Need to remove asap to not clear out the server.

Comment

Isolated incident or repeating issue?

Comment

Kashan VW is on later. Let's see what happens with that so we know if it is the map or the mode, then I'll decide what to do with it after that.

Comment

quinling caused everyone to crash to desktop after loading.

kashan was good for US, i am not sure if the MEC and the US tanks are balanced.

| | | |

Comment

Ok, I will report the bug with Qin Ling and we will take that out of the rotation.

Comment

I dont know if kashan is unbalanced. We need to try it out a bit more. Most of the time we always had the mec guys out numbered, whether they knew it or not. I liked it though.
                Viking

Comment

Yeah the round today was not a good judge. The MEC were unable to inflict any damage with their solo tank tatics against large numbers of US tanks working togther.

I do think the Kashan VW would work for normal server play/.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Just judging by the look of the carnage produced and the end-round mumble chatter, the MEC team simply didn't get their stuff together that round.

Kashan VW could certainly use some good testing to really see the potential of a good team on VW, but it looks like it will have a bright future in that regard already.

Replace Qinling VW with another VW map (Yamalia, Muttrah have it, I think Silent Eagle might too?) and we'll be rocking.

Comment

Yep, the MEC tanks on Kashan where scattered all over the map. It seemed that for every US tank we shot at, three were shooting back at us. As it takes three tanks to capture a flag, it took us a very long time to capture south bunker with so many MEC tanks skirting the map edges. We held it very briefly before the US had it surrounded and they just picked us off one at a time after that.

Also, we had several 2-man locked squads that I think contributed to the lack of team play on our side. It's hard to communicate with other tanks when you're not in the same squad, even if you have mumble. We had one or two tanks up in the north, 1 or 2 down south, and then people joining my squad after we had already taken off, and we could just never get a full squad going.

I think this mode is great for helping pubbers and folks that don't get a lot of vehicle time to get familiar with the weapons systems and some of the tactics used with armor. However, there is a big difference in how you would employ tanks in VW mode vs. regular AAS mode.

I heard some folks complaining that the MEC tanks were unbalanced, but I killed at least one US tank with two shots. I think it was our tactical situation that was unbalanced in that match.

Thumbs up for the mode from me, though. I would like another crack at it.

Comment

Tank tactics on Kashan are a lot like infantry ones. Just larger and faster.

6 man SQs with 3 tanks really work . As SL just mentally shrink the map and think of everything like an infantry battle.

How far their gun can see and where.
                        Whats the terrain like?
                        Flank and move tactics work well, 1 tank push out and 2 react or vise versa.

I still really want to see a 14 tank staggered line advancing on enemy tanks. Firing and moving :)
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                          I still really want to see a 14 tank staggered line advancing on enemy tanks. Firing and moving :)
                          The steel mob begins!
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I tested and verified Qin Ling causing CTD, so it has been removed from the rotation. Kashan remains. We'll add Yamalia later and try to keep VW to maps that are 4k in size - 2k maps don't make a lot of sense with this game mode.

Comment

I loved the vehicle warfare map we played today. i didnt get to stick around the whole map but our squad killed quite a few tanks working together. a lot of fun moving in large groups.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X