Invisible enemy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible enemy

More and more recently I am being shot by ghosts - I cant see them, but they can see me and take me out before I know where they are Its happening so much that last night I think I saw one actual live enemy in two hour who I managed to shoot.

I am not lone wolfing, and am sticking with the squad as you would expect. None of the kills were by snipers as far as I can tell, mostly the maps have been light forest, with me playing as Russian forces.

Any tips for me please?

Re: Invisible enemy

You're most likely being shot by people like Wickens, who can headshot a fly at quarter of a mile's distance.

What I suggest is using your teammates as live bait, and pinpoint the origin of the fire. Once you figure that out, suppress it like a disturbing childhood memory. Then flank.

Comment

maps with the light forests

to me suggests iron ridge in which it is very easy to walk right past a whole squad hiding in bushes and die very quickly. It's happened to me alot, and i've managed to work my way running from bush to bush killing and moving. it's pretty effective especially on that map.

to solve this, throw grenades in every bush and give it a quick rinse of auto fire before moving past it.
      AnimalMother
      Ex TG-31st LR
      "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Yamalia I imagine. I can't really suggest anything other than to slow down you pace and movement so you are less likely to be seen. I think it is the best single infantry map out there, as the people who are good at Infantry tactics really shine out compared to the inexperienced/crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
          Yamalia I imagine. I can't really suggest anything other than to slow down you pace and movement so you are less likely to be seen. I think it is the best single infantry map out there, as the people who are good at Infantry tactics really shine out compared to the inexperienced/crap.
          Yeah that was one of them! Thanks for the tip, I think moving too fast was definately *one* of the problems. And you were probably one of the guys owning me and the squad repeatedly ;)

The other map was Kozelkz, and it doesn't help that I am rubbish with the ak74 either. So if you are squaded up with me, and are wondering why I am hiding in a bush about 600 m from the nearest flag, in the fetal position and moaning softly you will understand :D

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
            You're most likely being shot by people like Wickens, who can headshot a fly at quarter of a mile's distance.

What I suggest is using your teammates as live bait, and pinpoint the origin of the fire. Once you figure that out, suppress it like a disturbing childhood memory. Then flank.
            Joe, let me run you through 2 scenarios on one of my favourite maps Yamalia (+rep Jeeps).

1) I am playing well, calm and collected. I take my time moving, scouting the area ahead, using bounding overwatch to advance my squad so that if one goes down the covering squad can suppress and the moving squad can extract/advance to contact. I take my time making my shots, never firing hastily on an exposed opponent simply because I have caught him unawares. Instead I identify the threat to the squad and we scan the area for his squad mates so that we can take the lot down in one co-ordinated shoot.

2) I am playing badly and possibly frothing at the mouth with frustration. I charge blindly into areas I have not recon'd. I am shot in the forehead by Jeepo from 250m because he is disguised as a twig and has been patiently waiting to do it. Somehow I know instinctively that it is him that has done this to me which only compounds my frustration whilst simultaneously making me laugh, knowing that he is now beside himself with glee. I then spend the next 4/5 lives/deaths running around like a halfwit with his britches on fire screaming "I'll kill you, I'll kill you" whilst throwing grenades at all points of the compass and randomly bayoneting trees. Before collapsing off my chair and spiling my cup of tea, sobbing "Why does this game hate me so much, I used to be good at it!"

Slow down, take a breath, when you think it's time to move...stop and check again. Don't engage a target till you have identified all targets in the immediate area. When I remember that basic mantra I always do better. Oh and practice with the scoped AK, once you get used to it it's a headshot machine on single, bit less controllable on auto then it used to be, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Great thread !
              I would add that the Cap-Lok map is your best friend.
              Open it up and look at other squads that are in your area and check that against the squad screen to see who is alive.
              If you see that a squad ahead of you is all dead, that would be an indicator of enemy activity.
              I would also get on Mumble because shared intel can make all the difference when facing the leet snyper types.
              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
              So that when they turn their backs on you,
              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                Joe, let me run you through 2 scenarios on one of my favourite maps Yamalia (+rep Jeeps).

1) I am playing well, calm and collected. I take my time moving, scouting the area ahead, using bounding overwatch to advance my squad so that if one goes down the covering squad can suppress and the moving squad can extract/advance to contact. I take my time making my shots, never firing hastily on an exposed opponent simply because I have caught him unawares. Instead I identify the threat to the squad and we scan the area for his squad mates so that we can take the lot down in one co-ordinated shoot.

2) I am playing badly and possibly frothing at the mouth with frustration. I charge blindly into areas I have not recon'd. I am shot in the forehead by Jeepo from 250m because he is disguised as a twig and has been patiently waiting to do it. Somehow I know instinctively that it is him that has done this to me which only compounds my frustration whilst simultaneously making me laugh, knowing that he is now beside himself with glee. I then spend the next 4/5 lives/deaths running around like a halfwit with his britches on fire screaming "I'll kill you, I'll kill you" whilst throwing grenades at all points of the compass and randomly bayoneting trees. Before collapsing off my chair and spiling my cup of tea, sobbing "Why does this game hate me so much, I used to be good at it!"

Slow down, take a breath, when you think it's time to move...stop and check again. Don't engage a target till you have identified all targets in the immediate area. When I remember that basic mantra I always do better. Oh and practice with the scoped AK, once you get used to it it's a headshot machine on single, bit less controllable on auto then it used to be, but that's just my opinion.
                Firstly, +1 rep for you Sir!

Secondly, I sincerely HOPE I make you that mad, as the feeling is mutual! We should just always play TOGETHER on the same side, it is better for our health and well-being, and in my experience, when we DO that it is usually pretty bad news for the enemy team.

Next up, I emphasise the message, slow down on these maps, it will save your life. As Wickens said, that is the key. You will see one bad guy, but where is he going? Where is his squad? I went 24-4 on Yamalia the other day, and Caffeine is getting me the BFR as I was on fire, I hit a 6th squad on my own at one point and killed a fair few on the last Russian flag (I think Donhros got me with his SAW) and I also decimated Startrekkerns squad a few times single handily. And this is coming from Paintscratcher, who was IN THAT squad, not my misplaced ego. The key was getting close, watching, then hitting HARD and fast, before disappearing again. I really want the BFR of this as it would show it really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                  Firstly, +1 rep for you Sir!

Secondly, I sincerely HOPE I make you that mad, as the feeling is mutual! We should just always play TOGETHER on the same side, it is better for our health and well-being, and in my experience, when we DO that it is usually pretty bad news for the enemy team.
                  I dunno, I think he would be more cheesed when you take that head shot on him at 250m when you are on the same team :)
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

i was in stars squad. We got pounded hard. I eventually had to fall back 200m and spawn GL on our own FOB cause it was like jeepo chosts were killing us inside.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

We were trying to play static defense at november and got snuck up on. Eventually once all our FOBs were down it was just me and Rudd (medic in another squad) and we were just running around in circles, hiding in bushes and trying to stay alive. It was crazy.

Comment

ive had people walk by me many times while hiding in a bush, forest maps and maps with long grass are great for ninjas.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Ninja is in vouge these days with all the great new maps.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spacing, Point man

Those two things will save your life.
                            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

This is also a great time to advertise TGU infantry classes.

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                              Ninja is in vouge these days with all the great new maps.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X