March Project Reality .9 Internal Scrim
Rules are posted below:
• Anyone can register to play.
• Players will be assigned to teams based on IHS affiliation.
• There will be 1 round of play.
• Commanders will be designated prior to start. PM me if you are interested in commanding.
• Mumble is required to play.
The match will be played on SATURDAY, March 27, 2010
The map for the 1 round scrim is Silent Eagle 16
Pre-game timeline is listed below:
1300 CST / 1400 EST / 2000 Central Europe Time – Meet in Mumble for roll call in your assigned channel. Commanders will do a roll call and report the number of players present for duty to the scrim manager.
1330 CST / 1430 EST / 2030 Central Europe Time – Commanders will then pick from the reserve (if necessary) and then from the public players that are not on the reserve list, but showed up at the last minute - in that order. All those on the reserve roster that are present will be picked first.
Tactical Gamer (North America) Team 1 - USA
Tactical Gamer (North America) Team 2 - RUSSIA
Tactical Gamer (North America) Waiting Room - RESERVES and last minute players
Commanders will give the password out to the teams VERBALLY on the night of the scrim, just before we start. This is important to keep the roster tight. Don't pass on the password without your commander's order. It may very well ruin a months worth of planning if you leak the password on game night.
1400 CST / 1500 EST / 2100 Central Europe Time – Start of play (we hope). Once commanders are ready, we will start. Warning to all - this may take up to an hour, depending on the "needs" of the commander.
Award: The TG scrim ribbon will be awarded for this scrim based on commander's rosters submitted to the scrim manager after the scrim.
Pre-Scrim: Commanders will organize squads, assign assets and develop battle plans for the team.
In-Scrim: Commanders will command squads and lead
Post-Scrim: Commanders will make sure team rosters are squared away and ribbon nominations match the in game team
Tactical Conflict is down. We used to plan there prior to the scrim in team forums. TG leadership recommended using TG forums, permission groups or community groups to organize, although the security on that is not total. Commanders will have to work out a way to communicate pre-game instructions and orders to the teams - that is on you.
To command a scrim is a responsibility to the community, your fellow players and to TG. It is a big job that will take a month of your spare time to do correctly. If you want to command and work with me on this scrim, send me a PM.
What is the point??
This is an event we can all play in. Regardless of the outcome, scrims are a blast.
Our ultimate goal is to raise the level of play on our server at all times. Scrims raise the level of play on the server and get the community together to have fun.
We hope that this scrim results in new leaders being made in the community. This is a chance for everyone to have a chance to take their game to the next level. Everyone wants to raise the bar on the server, to create a better experience for themselves and everyone else. Now is that opportunity to make it happen!!
How do I sign up??
To sign-up for this event, please quote and provide the following information in this thread:
• In-game Name
• In-house Squad Affiliation (unaffiliated if none)
• Leadership abilities and kit specialties including vehicles (include special Squad leader Abilities (Armor, APC, Spec Ops)
• Kit / Role preference (in order of preference)
• Do you wish to CO? If so, also PM me.
When can I sign up?
Sign up is closed. Any additional players will go on the reserve roster.
Roster for play will be according to these rules:
1. Commanders are pre-set
2. Teams will be assigned when we reach 64/10 players on the sign up forum or when the sign up forum has been out for 2 weeks.
3. Teams will be grouped by IHS in a manner that is "equal as possible" to make a "fair" round
4. At the initial assignment time, all Supporting Members will be moved to the active roster, if they are in the reserves. Non-supporting members will be bumped in the order they signed up - last to sign up, first to go.
5. Commanders will assign teams, assets and coordinate all planning. Tactical Conflict is down, so commanders will have to coordinate private or other forum groups to plan - it is on each team to coordinate this.
6. Commanders will report drop outs to the scrim manager to get a replacement. Replacements will be taken from the rosters in the order defined above.
O=T-M-A-N=O – Scrim Manager
What not to post?
• "What time will it be in my time zone?" Work it out!
• "It's not fair! I keep getting pushed out by Supporting Members!" Sorry. It is part of being an SM to get into these events first.
• "I'm on the reserve list. How good are my chances of playing if I show up?" Very, very high. We cannot assure you'll get to play, but there are always last minute drop outs.
• “What happens when the teams are stacked?” They will be stacked on both sides, so don’t worry :-)
• This thread is not for discussion of the scrim, just the sign up. Please don't post other things here, use a regular post.
See you out there.