Insurgency Map Situations as bluefor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgency Map Situations as bluefor

After taking part as CO and as squad leader/squad member as bluefor on insurgency maps, I have come to the realization that you have to be aggressive, not reckless, and it is something that from now on I intend to do. Right before I had pb issues last night on korgenal, I realized that in order for things to get done, and I also noticed it on Lashkar valley, you have to do it in an aggressive manner.

Now that doesn't mean that HAT and, marksmen, and snipers should run rampant, and that is something that i will discuss in another topic or pm, but the bluefor side had to really work as a whole team, large bodies and really pour fire down as they advance. Getting vehicles in the ao, aligning off of eachother, cutting off the angles of the enemy while pouring fire downwind as the infantry moves in.

Maybe it will be something I can try and organize next time I squad lead or go CO.

Anyways If you would like to give your criticism, opinion, agreement etc, please do, this is going to something I will hopefully put into the PR Tactics and Tips forum as a written up memo or "mission statement."
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Insurgency Map Situations as bleufor

Randy, your statement about being "aggressive" hits it on the head.

I SLed about a week ago for one of the first times in .9 as IDF on Gaza Beach. We all know how great that is as IDF anyways, so when I had my squad setup and ready to move into the city my basic rules were:

"A) We don't stop for anything - you get wounded, medic gets in front and starts dropping patches and you run over. B) We only stop for max of 15secs after an engagement and then we go. C) I'm taking lead, and we are going straight to that point, half on this side, half on the other".

It worked wonders. We moved lightning fast, killing a guy and not even stopping. It worked very effectively until we hit a bottleneck and got nailed by the AA emplacement in the middle (which was unusually manned at the time). I found that before I entered the city, I made sure the squad knew where we were going, how we were getting there, and with that understanding we just cruised through. With insurgency the idea "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" only works when you're on the move. If you sit around trying to secure an area, you're eventually going to get overrun, murphy's law will hit, your medic and SL will die, and then it all goes to sh**.

Rush like your a Spec Ops squad getting chased by bad dudes is the concept I kept in my head. Gotta keep moving.

2 days ago on Archer inside the village, got roughed up, because we just weren't moving, stuck inside a compound and the opfor team had us zeroed and just kept coming with nades/rpgs. was a rough deal and no criticism towards the SL, but you just gotta keep moving forward and can't stop for anything.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Something not many people take into account:

Calm periods.

This is when you're evac'ing after clearing an area, or sitting at an FO defending the area and providing fire support to 'aggressive' squads. These are essential because you need to confuse the enemy; get the 'calm' squads set up, have the 'aggressive' squads to come in from a completely different approach, and follow the methods above. These calm periods will allow the 'calm' squads to rack up intel and get the insurgent team's attention, as well as keeping areas away from the cache safe (concentrating the insurgents towards the 'calm' area, allowing other squads to maneuver freely).

Also part of the 'calm' periods is trying to confuse the insurgents with force and timing. For instance, if you keep all your vehicles at the 'calm' location, and make a big forceful push all at once, the insurgents will start to surround you. At this point, immediately back off, set up again back at the original location and let the insurgents fight ghosts for a little while. This can buy time and space for 'aggressive' squads to work.

Agreed: Don't stop in hostile territory. Not even for a revive. Keep moving, clear the area, come back if you've cleared the area and are sure you will have a clear coast to get him into fighting shape again. This is hardest for Korengal, with fast Taliban reinforcements and clusterf- areas/cliffsides/streets. Give them up, move away; if you have the chance to come back in a calm period and get him up, great. Until then, keep moving. They'll keep up or die trying.

Comment

Large elements and fast movement are mutually exclusive things.
        Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Insurgency, is a game of intelligence of the ability to adapt. The victor is the team that can adapt first. Not all situations are the same, so not all tactics are gonna work the same. What might work on Ramiel is gonna get you killed on Korengal.

A good tactic for those larger, less chaotic maps is this: Stop, watch, and listen. You can learn so much from your enemies by jusr observing them. Finding out where their hideout is, where their ambush is, and even where the cache is. Most people are too impatient, or kill hungry, to do this however.
          Charging into the city to get kills for the intel, or chache hunting is gonna end up killing you. One way or another. You need to plan it out. Your roll out, your insertion, all the way to your exit strategy. For the team that can't plan is the team without a head on it's shoulders and a weapon in his hand.
          Last edited by Axis_Sniper; 03-04-2010, 03:12 AM.

Comment

You know what's messed up as bluefor ?

When you try to find a cache insurgets themselfs can't locate.

Comment

Agressive is reckless. But also the only way forward on insurgency. Else you will have 20 people pissing about doing their own small missions recklessly, losing tickets. Take the biggest hammer you got and go smack in that red dot on the map. Then fall back and defend FOB's, let the insurgents put up their ****s, also to improve the gameplay for both parts. New cache, new game.

Comment

Originally posted by nk87 View Post
                Agressive is reckless.
                No.

There's a difference between being aggressive and being aggressively reckless. Know the difference, and lead your squad with utmost alertness and think out your moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Paine View Post
                  Large elements and fast movement are mutually exclusive things.
                  Not entirely, it is possible to quickly move everything to hell in a handbasket with a large element.

Aggressive movements are very often reckless gentlemen, that's simply the nature of PR. There are certainly people who can make things move quickly effectively, but they are rarely all on at the same time on the same team. To this end, encouraging aggressive behavior is generally the same thing as encouraging tardrushing.

Comment

If you have ever played insurgency as an insurgent, people are drawn to the fire of M16s or SAWs. You get into a CQB area and you have a time limit on how long you're going to survive, because no matter how many times you kill them, they will keep coming back and tell everyone else where you are. This is where your aggressive, keep moving statement comes into play. If you change your position and not stopping, then you can hopefully avoid the insurgents coming back to where you were. However, personally when I play as bluefor, I analyze the situation and try to avoid contact when I go into the city. As soon as contact happens, you either have to rush for the cache position and hope to get there before others respawn, or pray you can keep killing them. I can tell you almost every time my squad gets wiped in insurgency is because of a medic trying to pop someone up.
                    "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
                    -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

As bluefor commander I have often seen a consistant rate of success for two pronged attacks.
                      Especially on Gaza and Ramiel where you are dealing with a mile or two of urban combat.

It's a classic tactic that everyone has done.
                      One squad who initiates from position A, and then either takes cover, displaces, falls back and waits for insurgents to flood into the area drawn by the crackling of 3 shot burst. Then as opfor reinforcments are spread thin - a secondary squad, who optimally will have come in covertly, pushes the cache from flanking position B.

This has a higher rate of success naturally when the cache location is confirmed by recon. On gaza rushing is dangerous with so many angles to cover and the deadly Hamas armament. Not to mention, that the cache locations are unfamilar to most players still and an assaulting squad has to search 4-5 possible buildings before finding the target.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Re: Insurgency Map Situations as bluefor

As commander don't ground helo's if they are needed, Ramiel is case and point, the BH is critical in getting supplies and even reinforcements into an area.

Also, FOB's are a tool to be used and placed around the map. Don't send forces out without the ability to build FOB's or have a fallback position FOB, it is an error in command. Use them correctly (not building them in the middle of desert under fire of the OpFor), strategically set them.
                        sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

I'd very much like to try that battleplan sometime brettwad, I have posted similar strategies. You 189th boys got some kind of chip on your shoulder though, that crest and those flashy sigs, ? just might have to eat it. Yea, i threw down, what now, NAME THE PLACE.
                          Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad my artwork irritates you =)

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

I strongly disagree. Nearly everytime I have seen players using Helos on insurgent maps they are destroyed within seconds and the ticket loss is more costly than the gain of having aerial logistics. I'd rather keep them grounded and work on an infantry battle plan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X