Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MYTHBUSTERS - Friendly Claymore Killing a Cache.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYTHBUSTERS - Friendly Claymore Killing a Cache.

DISCLAIMER: All videos were shot by professionals on a closed server. Do not try this at home.

We've all seen claymores around the cache and said. UH OH that can't be good.

Some say they're dangerous others say they're fine!
    I wanted to find out so I made a private game today here are the results.

Experiment #1.
    Place 4 claymores within 5 meters of a cache facing towards it and detonate.
    Result. Demoltioned a building and the cache caught fire and SPLODE. 1 of 7 down.

VIDEO http://www.xfire.com/video/241c4f/

Experiment #2.
    Well four can take out a cache, but is that overkill? I placed 1 claymore in front of the next cache and was pleasantly suprised. Result. No team damage and no dead cache.

VIDEO http://www.xfire.com/video/241c4e/

Conclusion.
    I continued placing individual claymore on that cache after the first. By the 3rd it said TEAM DAMAGE. After the 4th it was still alive!! It took 2 more to get it to start smoking. And the a seventh and final in order to kill it off.

Seven singles compared the Four at once. Strange!?

Now that we have seen the results what does the community think about Claymores as a defense?

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Re: MYTHBUSTERS - Friendly Claymore Killing a Cache.

Originally posted by TomKing View Post
    Seven singles compared the Four at once. Strange!?
    Perhaps the explosion of the house in the first video may have had caused some damage to the cache? This might account for 3 claymores worth of damage.

Comment

Good observation. Object explosions do account for quite a bit of damage. Ever shotty'd a door open at 2meters? Not pretty.

Cache's are tough after .9
      They can withstand the nerf gun IED's too.

Comment

Before incendiary grenades were introduced into the game (and after engineer kits were made limited), we killed caches by simply emptying our magazines into them. It took a few mags to get the cache to catch fire and 'splode. I would assume that if all the projectiles of the claymore actually hit the cache, then it would amount to about the same.

I would go for an IED proximity test on caches.

| |

Comment

I can do this.

Comment

In previous versions 27m from caches was safe from an ied. I killed a cache on .9 though with claymores that distance away. It wasn't killed by the first blast but by the damage of +- 4 claymores. Now I use a 30m safety range. No problems with that yet.

Here is to hoping the devs will fix explosions killing caches trough buildings, after 3 versions of fail. For now, a claymore should be considered = ied, for at least insurgents. Not sure about what other factions have the faulty (non-directional) claymores.

PS. Yesterday we had a littlebird vehicle **** destroy a well defended cache trough a building with hydras. That just blows.

Comment

I mixed up claymores and grenade traps in my head as I did not realize Taliban use claymores.
              Last edited by snooggums; 03-08-2010, 11:39 PM.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Recently as Taliban I stood behind a claymore and detonated it to test this. Claymores are directional.

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                  Recently as Taliban I stood behind a claymore and detonated it to test this. Claymores are directional.
                  Never would have guessed. :)

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                    Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                    Surprising, really.
                    I have tested with an insurgent faction and died 1m behind the claymore. So if you say Taliban claymores work, then it probably only for the insurgents. I have also tested one bluefor faction, but i do not know anymore which. So far the hypothesis should be that only insurgent ones are bugged. Extensive testing would really clear up the problem. Being smug and bold not.

Comment

Grenade traps are not claymores. Claymores are directional, grenades traps are grenades in a can :)
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

We know, we were talking about the bug where insurgent claymores aren't directional.

Comment

Insurgents are a different faction from Taliban, I'm all confused.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Taliban are always insurgents. Insurgents are not always Taliban.

Its the whole square, rectangle thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TomKing View Post
                              Taliban are always insurgents. Insurgents are not always Taliban.

Its the whole square, rectangle thing.
                              I disagree, just because Taliban are included in the insurgency game mode doesn't make them insurgents. Are Hamas only insurgents on Insurgency maps?
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X