Respect and politeness.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect and politeness.

I enjoy playing on the TG server and so do many many other people around the world. When i come home and get on to play i get on to have fun and meet new people around the community since i only started playing pr a month or so back.

Everyone likes to win and do things correctly and tactically to achieve this goal. there will always be players that are less experienced or are just not accustomed to the TG way of doing things or whatever. These last couple of weeks i've noticed some very rude, disrespectful comments going in the direction of anyone who makes a mistake. every night the chat is bombarded with what i call "bla bla bla". people ranting on the chat about stupid mistakes and what not. If someone did make a mistake it should be something like this: "dude, that wasnt the right decision and it cost us, just dont do it again, thanks" and it shouldnt be "you stupid **** what the hell is wrong with you".

I've seen TG members yell out at people, curse, be rude, disrespectful of so many players these last couple of days that i had to speak up about it. If someone is new and or is not aware of every sl's tactics and/or does a mistake, whatever it may be, EVERYONE should still talk with that person with respect.

Now i know there will be situations where someone constantly makes the same mistakes and the SL obviously would get frustrated. use your judgment on how to handle that, while still being respectful. remember, no one likes to get screamed upon or to be disrespected, even in game. there will always be players who r not "up to your standards" or "not good enough" so deal with it.

For every SL and player out there, respect you EARN. you do not achieve by yelling or bringing a player down.

this was my rant thanks for reading;)

Re: Respect and politeness.

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
    I've seen TG members yell out at people, curse, be rude, disrespectful of so many players these last couple of days that i had to speak up about it.
    Use the reporting function (!reporting Playername Issue) to report for any issues on the server, including improper behavior.
    This behavior is not tolerated from |TG| players, and should be taken care of upon an admin seeing the report.

Don't hesitate to do so. If a |TG| member is acting inappropriately, he represents our community in a snapshot. Don't let his behavior go unchecked; even if he only gets told to calm down, it will at the very least stop the behavior for the time being and show that we care about our public players.

Comment

When you wear the tag you gotta know the primer and what it means.

Primer: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...er-primer.html

Key points i get out of the primer are: Respect, Teamwork, Maturity, Patience with newcomers (we were all new at some time), Teaching newcomers and doing roles to maximize teamwork, and not always the popular ones.

Comment

I haven't really noticed this type of behaviour! Though you are completely correct if this indeed happening and hope people listen as we want to invite more and more people to play how we should play; the Tactical Gamer way. (Oh god that was corny) :(

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
        Erwin Rommel

Comment

Yes there are a few who think the whole game should revolve around them, that only they know the right way, that they can boss everyone around because they play 16 hours a day.

See it all the time, last night was a case in point. I really wish they would mind their business and just play. Can we hope that text chat gets disabled in the next release. We dont come on the server to have lessons, if we wanted that we would be signing up for some TGU classes!

Comment

And still after all those posts on forums I see IHS memebers bullying people on server. Can you report them for that ?

Comment

Yeah, but I doubt it will get anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                Why is that, Axis? With an attitude like that and complete apathy toward the behavior, then nothing will get done about it.

If you guys don't report the problems then they can't be addressed. If there isn't an admin in-game or monitoring on CC then please use the Contact an Admin forum to report issues. We meant it when we said everyone was served warning in the "Getting TG back on track" thread, and people will be put into check for their actions on the server, but it cannot be the sole responsibility of a few to monitor and police the server 24 hours a day. If you wear TG tags, or even if you don't, and claim to care about the server and the community then step up and do your part to help keep it the type of place you want to play on. Complaining about problems and then not doing anything to help solve them is hypocrisy at it's finest.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

asked them to stop their improper behavior. if it's not working do like Celestial already mentioned:
                  use !reporting Playername Issue
                  this works. :D

---------
                  |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Reporting is taken seriously (in fact, moreso than you sometimes may be meaning; don't abuse it, or it won't be taken seriously).

If you don't want to make it public, you can always come to the BF2 Contact an Admin forum and post a thread naming the players responsible. That will get them a hint that people are paying attention and that they need to step their game up.

And always be polite and respectful, even to the player in question, even if that means avoiding confronting him about his behavior (this is probably the better way to go about it. Reporting in squad chat or posting in the CaA forum helps avoid confrontation).
                    There's no need to start a war with him; go about it peacefully and let those with the big sticks take care of him.

Comment

:(

I kicked 6 or more players last night for a big string of taunting, mocking and juvenile behavior as commander last night which started when someone made reports. Respect for other players is the first rule, and a reminder of the overall TG rules, for a reason.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                        Why is that, Axis?
                        I've seen it happen.

I've been noticing that the more *stricter* the rules try to get, the more our admins are restrained about trying to enforce the rules.

I don't want to get into this any further on the public forums, which I think you would agree. TG is suppose to be a great community with great people who want to have a good time, but I am seeing less and less of that.

If you want to continue this in PMs or whatever, please feel free to do so.

Comment

I've seen it happen.

I've been noticing that the more *stricter* the rules try to get, the more our admins are restrained about trying to enforce the rules.

I don't want to get into this any further on the public forums, which I think you would agree. TG is suppose to be a great community with great people who want to have a good time, but I am seeing less and less of that.

If you want to continue this in PMs or whatever, please feel free to do so.
                          No. I think you should elaborate on your opinion in the public forums. I don't see a reason to restrict this to PMs, especially since you initiated the conversation here. We're all big boys and girls, so let's talk about what you said.

Part of the "On Track" post was trying to emphasize the point that, while the admins will be more strict in their enforcement of the rules, the onus for a majority of the changes we want and need on our server rests squarely on the shoulders of the players themselves.

Why?

Because a good number of our players seem to have forgotten what the Primer is and what it stands for. A good number of our players knowingly skirt the boundaries of the rules. A good number of our players who wear TG tags do not represent what TG stands for, even though by putting those tags in front of their name (or by purchasing a supporting membership) tells the rest of the player population that they do, in fact, know, understand and support the philosophy of TacticalGamer. A good number of our players show little or no respect for the admins that try to enforce the rules on the server that said players are trying to skirt, and when called on it argue the rules until they are blue in the face (because no one is accountable for their own behavior - it's always someone else or something else that caused it). To that point, a good number of players on our server argue, publicly, with the admins when they try to step in and address an issue on the server, or they feel the need to comment on it in global chat, constantly challenging the admins who are simply trying to help keep things running smoothly on the server. A good number of the players who call TG home are actually causing a great deal of harm to our reputation and driving other players - GOOD players - away from TG. The list goes on, but I think the point is clear.

So, I ask you, why are you throwing your arms up in the air and resigning yourself to the way things are? Why won't players report other players or make an effort to curb the behavior they see on our server and that they know is wrong? Attitudes like that, accepting what is wrong, makes each and every one of the players on the server just as guilty of the offenses as the players committing them.

Help us help you.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I had been working on this post although I was planning on workign on the wording a bit more, but I think it is very applicable to this issue as most players don't report in a way that actually alerts an admin.

I've also reduced my audio notifications down to just '!r' because I get so many false positives from 'atk chopper' for tk and similar non-issues. Maybe we should add an example to the rotating server rules in game if that would be a good way to remind people or let new players know how to do it appropriately.

How to report players effectively on the TG PR server

One of the ways to make sure that everyone’s game experience on the TG server is enjoyable is making sure that there is a quick and effective response to problems from the admins. There are several ways to request this response and all involve informing an admin on an issue so that they can address it appropriately as they do not necessarily have the same viewpoint that you do in the game due to being in another area, on another team or just responding to an alert from the admin console while doing something other than PR. The biggest hurdle to quick action is lack of information, either by omission from the reporter or lack of a formal report. The most important thing to remember is that an admin will be deciding how to immediately respond with only the information you report in most cases.
                            The best format for reporting is to start it with !r as that allows admins with the audio notifier to be alerted, followed by as much detail in as few words as possible.

Example: !reporting someguy intentional tk, blew up a manned humvee in main with the AA

This report would most likely elicit an instant response. A report with vague information or details will require clarification before action can be taken, so if you reported that someone crashed a chopper at main there is nothing the admin can do unless someone admits to doing it intentionally. We don’t punish people for being new and now knowing things, not being very good at a particular task or making errors unless they are ignoring commander or SL orders to do so.

Using the new rule set for clarity in reporting:
                            You can be even more effective by keeping the four rule categories in mind, or pointing out which one was violated when reporting:
                            Behavior of players – players must act maturely and show respect for others
                            Strive for Realism – we discourage ‘gamey’ play like using choppers to fly low and squash enemy players
                            Chain of Command – this is a military teamwork oriented game, we expect players to follow orders
                            Main bases – the fight should be in the field, especially with only 31 players on a team

Examples:
                            !r someguy realism – keeps coming back in a supply truck and running people over
                            !r someguy ignoring commander orders
                            !r someguy realism –one manning a cobra out of the base

Keep in mind that we won’t necessarily kick someone who is being rude or ignoring orders on the first report, warnings are used to correct the behavior as there are many examples of TG players who did some very silly things and once they understood what TG was all about they have become excellent leaders and members of the community. If the player doesn’t follow the directions given in a warning please report that they are continuing to do what they were warned not to do so that we know further action is necessary.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I think snoogums was doing a good enough job of policing of chat last night ... i counted five kicks in half an hour? Even kicked a few regulars :) . most action i've seen on that front far back as i can remember. nothing gives heart to new, good players than a judicial use of admin privileges; it gives the impression the server is on top of things. For a contrast, after muttrah last night me and chris went to play on TTP, and it was absolutely horrible. On GAZA... I counted a HAT running around in the city, and ran into a glitched outpost that allowed hamas players to wallhack at the south western entrance to the city. No admins about, rage from at least half the IDF team to no avail.

SO then, thanks admins for keeping our home policed. Like dispo suggests, i think more player participation and more active admins will keep it well done.

edit: a point ... the admin warnings, and green text in general, rarely get seen. They are just not up long enough. Usually I have to bring down the console to read them. Donno what we can do about that... big red text in the middle of the accused player's screen would do nicely. The reason it is important for the warning to be heard loud and clear is that say the player in question gets kicked, and then has a bad taste in his mouth form it, because he really had no idea what he was doing wrong, and takes his play to another server, all the while telling his friends how overbearing the TG admins are. I like a smacktard going elsewhere as much as the next guy, but I do think this sort of situation could keep good players away.
                              Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X