WASD? ESDF? What do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WASD? ESDF? What do you use?

So I don't run anywhere near a 'default' setup when it comes to BF2. I've been talking to a lot of people and they tend to run the default setup with WASD. I run ESDF instead with the majority of my keys not being default. It took me quite a few hours of getting used to this setup, but ended up being worth it in the end.

What set up do you guys run?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ntball/555.jpg

BTW: Don't be jealous of my awesome MSpaint skills.
    Last edited by zebra.actual; 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM.

Re: WASD? ESDF? What do you use?

Use pretty standard, but i interchanged all the voip hotkeys (incl mumble/ts), so theyre in a row sorted from most used to least used.
    I can't figure why or how people are comfortable using mouse keys for voip. Makes shooting and talking at the same time impossible for me.
    Myself i use the same mouse as you, got 'mouse4' addressed to M-map with adjusted transparancy, and 'mouse3' to Weapon3. Great for switching firing mode on the fly.

Comment

I have mapped all my keys to numpad or mouse or close enough for easy access. I've been using more or less the same setup for 10ish years now.
      [S7]Hablos
      Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

WASD because I'm too lazy to get used to ESDF, although I understand the increased key convenience.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Default WASD
          F = Map
          Q = Prone
          T = Prim. Rose
          Z = Alt. Rose
          Mouse3 = 9

Not sure why.. just because.

Comment

Defaultdefaultdefault

I couldn't use ESDF if I wanted to, my touchpad gets in the way (Macbook Pro, what now).
            I use all default key settings as well, I use a G5 mouse with my local mumble being my close thumb button and SL mumble on the far one. And I have what would be left windows key as map (the one you get when you hit m by default).

Comment

I generally stick close to the defaults, since having to bind multiple keys every time the profile gets wiped (updates, for instance, sometimes do this to games) or I buy a new game is just annoying.

BF2 is one of the few games where I don't change almost any of the keys, save for a few concessions to old habits (Tribes 2 had U for global chat and Y for team, and that's a habit I don't feel like breaking).

Comment

default wasd, though i've been wanting to try out esdf for a while

only change to my controls are the comms buttons, still have v as CO VOIP, but f is sqd voip, \ mumble positional, H mumble SL
                AnimalMother
                Ex TG-31st LR
                "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I use the default WASD settings. Never really felt a need to change anything. On mouse I use mumble, teamspeak and sensitivity.
                  sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                  "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Default everything except coms. Squad, CO, Mumble force center and mumble normal are bound to mouse buttons.
                    |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                    sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                    I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Default except for Voice Comms: V = Mumble / B = Squad / , = Mumble SL / . = Commander Helps so I dont use the Commander/SL for every little comment. I have to think and stop before I use them :P
                      "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
                      -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

Default everything except for my comms. Mumble on my closer thumbbutton, and VOIP on my further thumbbutton. SL comms on my middle mouse/scrollwheel, sometimes interchanged for admin chat.

I've been using the lower tier keys (ctrl, etc,) for crouch/prone/things like that for 12 years now, i'm just "stuck" like that. Rather have the important cover keys be big and easy to hit than for example, being z/x/c.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I've used ESDF for over ten years; more bindable keys to the left for the pinkie and ring fingers. For example, W is my commo rose and Q is the SL rose; A is crouch.

For some reason I can't get the forward thumb button on my G5 to activate Mumble. That would really perfect my setup.
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

WASD, Ctrl-crouch shift-sprint z-prone. Pretty much default, lol.

I do have my VOIP keys set to VBNM,

For teamspeak-voip-mumble-commander-forcecenter.

Comment

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...