server population

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server population

hey guys. i'm getting more and more confused over this. i'm from europe, tg used to be full everyday i come home at 4-5 pm and pretty much 24/7. over the last year or so this has gone down and down, later and later. it's now 11 pm and the server struggles to get people on. why is this? tactics and teamwork is also not populated anymore. did people get tired of teamwork? did most of them move onto another game/got tired of pr? this really concerns me, i really don't want to find another server, as i think tg is the best pr server existing, it's a light in the darkness of run-n-gun arcade non-teamplaying servers. can anyone please shed some light on this.

thank you very much.

Re: server population

ebb and flow :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
      ebb and flow :)
      The hell does that mean?

If I had to guess why the PR community (as a whole) population is down I would guess new games. Games such as BF:BC2 (sigh..) have come out and people switch to those. Or people just lost interest in Project Reality itself.

Comment

Wookie is absolutely right. Ebb and flow. Every year around this time, the server gets empty for increasing periods of time. Spring break is passed, people are starting to work on finals, jobs are going steady and people are trying to get everything together for summer. End of may, we'll start seeing an increase in population and it will continue through august or september.

Comment

Taking a small brake from PR. I usually get pissed off more than interested in games so I think I need time off from PR tbh.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
          Erwin Rommel

Comment

Mass Effect 2, Napoleon Total War, have been keeping me away a bit. BF:BC2 is about to be installed. I pretty much sign on PR if ~3 xfire friends are on.

Also school, school, school.
            |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
            sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
            I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

When summer hits, it'll be full again. I can almost guarantee you you'll see BF2142 make a small resurgence as well -- I just hope TG's PR doesn't end up like TG's 2142.

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                I just hope TG's PR doesn't end up like TG's 2142.
                No, BC2 doesn't suit our tastes as well.

Comment

i havent played pr in awhile, busy with school, playing bc2 for quick matches that take no commitment like pr. i may play some this week during spring break.

the server always died for me around 1030-11ish, even when it was popular.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

bad company just isnt for me, so ill stick to pr and 2142:)

Comment

Yeah BC2 and RL has taken my time too, but once people get more free time they'll be back! Maybe this easter when people have some time off, the server pop will be a bit better even.
                      Last edited by Superfast; 03-30-2010, 04:52 AM. Reason: ze spellung

Comment

I'm surprised the game has lasted this long. It is getting a fairly old.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                          But still top stuff! :D
                          [S7]Hablos
                          Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                            The core engine is old. Project Reality itself is still actively developed with further development on two entirely separate engines - PR:ArmA and PR2 (C4 engine). I don't think "old" describes project reality accurately. Perhaps "mature" would be better, and the developers are constantly breaking new ground on the now 5 year-old engine underneath. Impressive stuff.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I haven't played in weeks because of the University, but that's just me.

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X