Moar password nights.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moar password nights.

During the summer breaks or holliday seasons there is always a good crew on the tacticalgamer servers throughout the week, I remember Teamspeak channels being well visited and pilots scheduling CAS requests from squadleaders with the help of pen and paper. If I couldnt make it on the weekend I knew I could pop in for a good game on tuesdays, or wendsdays or thursdays.

I had a lot of fun on the last password night, mumble channels were filled the game was organized and the pilots werent flying around in furstration because nobody would call out or laze targets.

But lately the ratio of regular teamplayers to players playing randomly and bored is not so good, mumble channels are sparsely populated and pilots eager to help have to deal with squadleaders spamming lazes while not being on mumble to begin with and even being too lazy to call out their target in teamchat, because in the end they do not really care, they are just bored with nothing better to do and play that way.

I would rather have only one or 2 games a week, but then good ones, then hopping in every night hoping there is a good crew on, mainly because I cant hop in every night.

So my request, can we have like 2 password nights a week, like making it a regular feature on sundays and having a poll to set another day of the week for password night ?

Re: Moar password nights.

+1 Good idea!!! As Sundays little or no notice password event showed. There are lots of people that love to have a password on the server to bring up the level of play.
    The only downside to this is that the level of play should always be this high passworded or not.

Todd
    sigpic

Comment

i think 1 or 2 every couple of weeks would do fine. or maybe 2 or 3 a month

Comment

Well the way I see it, password events arent so much about keeping people out, seen how most regulars have a supporting membership, but more about setting a date, to have as many dedicated team oriented players on at the same time as possible.

To have a high level of play all the time you need a lot of regulars on all the time, but they cant q.q, the next best thing is to set dates so you have a server full of regulars at least once or twice a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
          The only downside to this is that the level of play should always be this high passworded or not.
          This is the real goal of the TG server, but password events are there to draw more teamwork oriented players in. In the past when password nights were very regular it ended up being the same as any other night because it wasn't a 'special event' and players that were expecting more than normal lost interest, including myself. I would rather hold them a little less often as we will also have scrim events on occasion, and then promote the teamwork on regular nights to improve the overall game play for the server.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

the old password nights are what brought me to the forums, and it might bring fresh meat now as well. the server was PW'd and it said to come to the forums for the PW. now you are stuck with me. :P

Comment

Hell, I made a video that had the rules, SOPs and password in it that used to get changed weekly to support that week's password. And it was embedded flash, so you couldnt fast forward it. EVERYONE had to watch the rules flash by in order to play. Kinda liked that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                Hell, I made a video that had the rules, SOPs and password in it that used to get changed weekly to support that week's password. And it was embedded flash, so you couldnt fast forward it. EVERYONE had to watch the rules flash by in order to play. Kinda liked that idea.
                While well made it felt patronizing as a regular player to have to sit through it, anyone who watched it could simply share the password, and it had no real effect on people since they would just do something else until the password came up. Also, people who hate flash couldn't view it.

I don't want that to return.
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Resumption of regular password nights was part of the admin meeting where the rules, etc. were discussed. We all realize their value and what they bring to the community. The only issue we have is that all of the admins have busy lives right now so finding a Sunday (or any other day for that matter) where there is coverage for the entire event is an issue. We'll try to hold them as often as possible, but we just can't commit to a regular schedule right now.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X