Quai river tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quai river tactics

The Chinese faction spawns with lots of APCs, which is great for the team, but half the time it is not actually very helpful. From my experience, piling into four of them at the beginning of the round will guarantee a fail for the team, as any half decent tow humvee will run rings around you and before your know it the team has burned through alot of tickets. There are also HATs and the deployable TOWs as well as mines to worry about. If you roar out of main, convoy or not, you have no intelligence on the location of any of these.

It is just worth thinking about using them sparingly (and in their role - armoured PERSONNEL carrier, not personal pwning machine). They are amphibious, which is an advantage rarely used - the US has to use one of the three ways across the river i.e. the two bridges and the land bridge in the north but the Chinese faction can avoid those chokepoints.

Yes, this is not news but worth mentioning again.

Re: Quai river tactics

The APCs are a great tool for a defensive/leap-frog strategy, the only problem is when people go charging across the river without any intel of AT or movement.

Comment

The .50 cal APCs are worthless unless you need to sneak a squad somewhere outside of the action because the gunner can be shot out so easily and the cannon APCs are worth the exact same number of points and can more easily defend themselves from AT either by shooting TOWs if they cannot flee or using splash damage on hiding HAT kits.

The map is small enough that walking isn't really a negative, and being in an APC limits where you can move so really they are most useful at the beginning of the round to get infantry to the first flags (before the TOW humvee has intel on where to kill you) and are actually only good at fire support after that when AT has been neutralized in an area. Unfortunately it is true that they are more of a hindrance than a help for most of the round.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

APC's rush isn't that bad is it? Most of the time before anyone has a chance to go commander or roll out in APCs on Quai it is really just a race to see who can waste their teams LB first.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

I like to think of cannon APC's as being agressive support and the .50's as being a defensive mobile HMG :)

Comment

.50 cal apc = .50 cal humvee imo

I have found them to be very useful on several occasions. They still kill things, drop ammo and move people.

Comment

Nah humvee has better land mobility, a shield infront of the .50, and this is a big one its quieter(so the missile launcher actually has to get intel or visual on you rather than just pointing towards the loud engine sound).

On the flip side they are good for grabbing kits off of and swimming across a river. Oh yeah impervious to small arms as well, but that isn't all that great as a humvee can withstand enough.

I'd rather have the humvee.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                Nah humvee has better land mobility, a shield infront of the .50, and this is a big one its quieter(so the missile launcher actually has to get intel or visual on you rather than just pointing towards the loud engine sound).

On the flip side they are good for grabbing kits off of and swimming across a river. Oh yeah impervious to small arms as well, but that isn't all that great as a humvee can withstand enough.

I'd rather have the humvee.
                I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm just saying that the .50 cal APCs aren't necessarily "worthless". Just sticking up for the little APCs out there.

Comment

While the HMMWV is nice for the above reasons, I like being able to fit an entire squad in one vehicle, and being able to move with a full squad /and/ 50cal fire support.
                  "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

IT all depends on whether the us has a good TOW crew, or alternatively whether China is working together enough to keep track of/kill the TOW. If a good TOW is roaming around, I'd say leave the tin cans at home. The Batmobile is better then. And infantry better yet.

Comment

With the buildable TOWs, the APCs for China are even shorter lived than they used to be.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

It may just be because I haven't gotten too much time with the new Qwai yet, but I feel as if the TOW HMMWV is less essential and harder to use now. Increased view distances make flanking across the river almost impossible and subsequently make deployable TOWs much more effective as the team's AT weapon of choice. One good deployable TOW near North Bridge and one at near Mine is really all it takes to hold a defensive game as the US.

| |

Comment

Sadly, the reduction from 3 to 2 max TOWs doesn't address the observation you have made which I agree with. So on the upside the US side's AT isn't nearly is singularly invested in a single vehicle, but on the downside the enemies armor is simply reduced in effectiveness. Time for me to re-resuggest the reduction or nullification of APC point values since when combined with delayed respawning they are more useful sitting at main most of the time instead of in the field transporting or offering transport capabilities.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

As usmc what you have to do is either control or blast the bridges. If the next flag is in the south rather than setting the first fob all the way to the south a fob as to be to set in the bridge area together with a tow. Same for the north bridge. Also strikers could work together with the tow to lure and kill it.

Comment

Contrary to the big bulky APCs, the little Chinese version of the BRDM is spectacularly useful.. it's quiet, agile, amphibious, and has a fairly powerful cannon that can take out a HMMWV in no time flat. It can be snuck across the river at any point, hunt down the TOW and kill it. It's only true adversary is, ironically, the striker..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X