Korengal on TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korengal on TG

It seems as though Korengal is basically broken again, or at least some combination of the map being flawed and the players being just as flawed, so we've reached an executive decision:

Korengal won't be played on TG.

Why?

The map is not up to TG standards. It simply provides too many temptations to players to game the game and try to use the rules of the server to their advantage.

It causes too much confusion as to what is allowed and is not allowed, and it will force us to create a complicated set of sub-rules that address the map specifically and outline various scenarios as to what is acceptable and what is not. This is not conducive for a public server where there are many players who will visit the server who will not be familiar with the rules.

In an effort to balance the map, CRF has placed US spawns on the map that do not expire, creating the opportunity for the Tabliban (or essentially forcing them) to camp those spawns. This creates an issue with our definition of "mains", since those are defined as permanent spawn points. This effort to balance the map actually creates larger issues of players abusing/exploiting features of the map to their advantage.

So, in light of these issues, Korengal will no longer be played on TG. It is possible that we will play it during a password event where there is heavy admin presence and clearly established rules can and will be followed, but it's days of public play are now officially over until a future version is released and be reviewed to see if it is suitable for play.

Thanks, and we're sorry that we were forced into this decision because a lot of us really loved that map and the feeling of immersion that it uniquely provided.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Korengal on TG

*gurgle*

Ignore this..

WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOHGODWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYHYHYHYYYYYYY........ *echoes throughout the continent*

Edit when I stopped sputtering with anger:

Why are we letting a few players who can't understand the rules ruin a perfectly good map for the rest of us?

Comment

Every time I have seen this map played there has been an issue. I think Disposable has given everyone plenty of information as to why, there are just too many problems with this map, and the spawn location of the US cause main base/spawn camping no matter how hard you try to avoid it.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I respect the admins' decision, but I'll sorely miss Korengal. Probably the most atmospheric and beautiful map in PR, and (imho) lots of fun.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post

*gurgle*

Ignore this..

WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOHGODWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYHYHYHYYYYYYY........ *echoes throughout the continent*

Edit when I stopped sputtering with anger:

Why are we letting a few players who can't understand the rules ruin a perfectly good map for the rest of us?
          Those "few" players who can't understand the rules are supporting members, TG IHS members and regulars on the forums. If they don't get it, who will?

I explained the "why" very clearly. The map just doesn't work on TG in public play.

) Players exploit the main position with scoped weapons and then expect not to be fired on.
          ) The mapper, in an attempt to balance the map and give the US an opportunity to get out of the main without a FO, has placed a permanent spawn point near the blackhawk crash. This has lead to the Taliban side camping the spawn point. Since this spawn is not a player-deployed spawn but a mapper-placed - permanent - spawn, it technically could fall under our rules regarding the main.

These two issues alone cause grief every. single. round. The map doesn't work. If people stop to think about these issues and what TG is about I think you'll come to the conclusion that the map is broken and TG is better off not running the map than it is running it.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I love Korengal, if anyone remembers I still pushed to have it in play when rallies were changed and BluFor got hosed, and I suggested removing it from play as a possible option due to the recent issues. The current layout just doesn't work with the TG approach without map specific rules which just complicate issues and as dispo noted there may be opportunity to play the map in certain password events or after a future update to change how the map plays.

On the upside, 3 other maps are playable again so we still have plenty of options :)
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

i had epic fun playing konengal yesterday with the TGXV guys. i didnt see any issues, but i was on the taliban side. the only issue i did have was that random spawn point thing for the taliban, i spawned and ended up in A1, i could understand if there was transport there, but seriously A1 with no transport.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

It's only a 1 km map, doesn't take long to walk to most of the map from that location as there are slopes on the south and east to get into the mountains from A1.
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Understandable. I haven't played the map( on this version), but from the complaints on the forum alone tell me why the admin team is doing this.

Hopefully this will wake up the mapper and give him some thoughts on how to make this map more "rule" friendly.

So when a new version of PR comes out that addresses Korengal, will we have it back in rotation immediately or will we have a grace period?

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                    Understandable. I haven't played the map( on this version), but from the complaints on the forum alone tell me why the admin team is doing this.

Hopefully this will wake up the mapper and give him some thoughts on how to make this map more "rule" friendly.

So when a new version of PR comes out that addresses Korengal, will we have it back in rotation immediately or will we have a grace period?
                    I think the mapper is going for something that just doesn't mesh with our approach to mains, otherwise they wouldn't need to put in a dome of death or buildings in the Korengal outpost to hide from artillery, etc.

Like dispo said it would be reviewed before being put back in rotation, so how fast it might be included depends on what the changes are and if they address the issues that cause problems at TG.
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                      i didnt see any issues
                      Except the cache that spawned 70 meters away from the US main. Seriously, whoever makes these random spawnpoints for the caches needs to get some common sense.

I agree with removing it from the rotation until these problems are fixed by the mapper.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                        Seriously, whoever makes these random spawnpoints for the caches needs to get some common sense.
                        I'm pretty sure the entire intention behind the map is that the US main CAN and WILL come under fire. It's a 1KM map with huge mountains anyway, and difficult to navigate, so 70-100 meters is a huge deal. Besides -- the types of attacks the mainbase would experience are realistic to those areas in Afghanistan anyway! The main is NOT supposed to be a big airbase-style main like is seen on other maps, it's a small outpost which routinely comes under fire even IRL. There really is nothing wrong with the map whatsoever, it's just our interpretation of how it should be played that is twisted. Really, my own opinion is that attacking the base should be allowed, but the only real problem I see with this map currently (that doesn't have to do with conflicting with our rules) is the respawning black-hawk wreck spawnpoint.

Comment

I know the devs respect feedback from the players. But I was under the impression that TG was a community that played BSS's PR mod. Not the other way around. Expecting them to make things catering to our rules is a bit off isn't it?

Or am I way off in how the process takes place.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Startrekern is spot on. As CodeRedFox, maker of the map, said the main is supposed to be under fire. He made the map with that in mind. No need for him to wake up or get some common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TomKing View Post
                              I know the devs respect feedback from the players. But I was under the impression that TG was a community that played BSS's PR mod. Not the other way around. Expecting them to make things catering to our rules is a bit off isn't it?

Or am I way off in how the process takes place.
                              We (the TG server population) are often referenced or involved with changes because of our history of teamwork and ability to provide constructive feedback. We weren't the North American server chosen for testing the rally point changes just because we have a large player base. TG rules and game play has influenced PR changes in the past, based on being examples of what works well for game play.

You are correct that we simply provide feedback, but the main was originally moved because of feedback on how easy it was to camp from the hills. Now there will be feedback that the US main is too easily used to watch most of the map and that the extra spawn is too easily camped, which might lead to a change that does make it more friendly for our rules. If not, there are other maps to choose from.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X