Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Korengal on TG

Hey guys, the maps creator here.

Came across this thread from somewhere else and thought I should throw my 2 cents in.

TG call on removing it from rotation while sad is not unexpected and not by me seen as a insult. TG has rules and a community that expects PR's rules to work with them not against which Korengal currently does. The map was create in a time when the rules and gameplay worked for smaller maps. The rules now have changed and have affect Korengal allot, especially a map that is smaller(gameplay) then 1km. Besides the Taliban respawns, which are based on 2 and 4km map rules the weapons the Taliban have now directly compete with the Blufor's advantages. No other map really has the setting and/or landscape Korengal does. I always planed for it to be a hard map but its slowly being out grown by evolving PR rules. I tried to re imagine the map visually and gameplay wise but I can only do so much on a 1km map.

A few things I know dont work
    - Blackhawk and old base spawns are glitched broken. Not sure why but I hopefully fixed it for a next update.
    - Random Taliban spawns while in my head was a great idea doesnt work
    - Repair base for Taliban is kinda lame.

I'm having a internal discussion right now about what to do with the map. While some dislike it there are allot that still like it. Maybe cache hunting is not a gamemode that works with it anymore, maybe a flag based system would be better, maybe trying something new or maybe a version of AAS might be in call now that the US has been leaving the area? I havent really thought about it much as I have my other maps taking priority but another change might happen. Another re imagine (gameplay) might be in order.

TG has a very respected members and teamplayers. You are the closest and largest group that share allot of our PR goals and ideas. If anything some PR Devs take advice from you guys over other first.

Also while I might seem a bit stand offish on the forums I have always welcomed new advise and ideas even if I dont agree with them they get saved into a little Could Be Better idea notepad.

Comment

CRF - thanks for the post. I'm sure you've seen how conflicted we were when we decided to remove the map because we all love the map, but it seems that the map and our rules just don't jive very well. Actually, with our new rules regarding mains, we would add it back if the blackhawk spawn wasn't broken. I'm just afraid that the ability of the Taliban to spawn camp that position makes it unfavorable to run on the server without creating another rule to protect that spawn. We have run it on password nights and will continue to do so, and I look forward to adding it back to the rotation.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
      |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

Thanks for the post! Korengal is definitely a map I love to hate. I've probably seen my best and worst moments on this map.

You mentioned that the US is pulling out of the Valley, but might that mean that there will be internal fighting among the different tribes? Perhaps a Taliban vs. Insurgents AAS?

No matter what happens, it's a great map with a tremendous amount of detail and it has certainly caused me moments of joy and rage quit!

Comment

i for one miss korengal and look forward to it coming back if revised to work for TG. i really wish it didnt leave in the first place but oh well.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
            i for one miss korengal and look forward to it coming back if revised to work for TG. i really wish it didnt leave in the first place but oh well.
            I aboslutely adore the map, but its true it can't be played atm since those spawners aren't set right :)

Comment

CodeRedFox, Korengal is possibly my favourite map of all time, if it's not it's in the top three.

I sincerely hope you are able to make any necessary amendments to it to 'fix' it as it were. I can't even mention it to |TG-6th|BigGayAl as all you hear is sobbing over TS. A beautiful map that despite it's 1K size manages to feel both claustrophobic and frantic and then in turn realistic and expansive. It's also one of the most realistic feeling maps to me in terms of terrain features. I have long hoped that the best elements of this map could be transposed onto several larger Afghan mountain maps. Good luck and thanks for the outstanding, and no doubt very hard, work.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X