Gaza city

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaza city

I think it is a great map, really enjoyed the last few matches on it, despite ending on the losing side each time (can you guess what that is?).

Hamas has a huge advantage in the congested city - I have seen the IDF wiped out pretty much everytime they move in. I not seen any sort of vehicle last more than a few minutes either. Having said that I have also not seen three squads trying to move in, but I would suggest it takes a piece of luck to get that many troops in the city undetected.

IDF has a big advantange on side of the map where main is - the two tanks should be able to pwn the east side buildings and be almost impossible to take down by experienced tank crews.

Anyway, as everyone should know by now I am not exactly the sharpest tactical operator. Maybe some of you who are could expand a bit to open up my thinking.

The way I see it IDF has to somehow get good intel on the cache location before basically doing a smash and grab and pulling straight out. I have tried sneaking through the city, but I found that the slighest wrong move or squad member out of position and its game over.

I can only imagine next time trying to use the UAV to gain cache intel.

Re: Gaza city

A common tactic is taking the tanks to the peninsula or across the water on the long island to keep them relatively safe from approaching enemies, build a firebase there and use that as a staging point. It works fairly well. While you're doing that, one small squad can try to sneak in from the main base.

Comment

I feel like the key to Gaze is really you've got to have one squad that is just dedicated to moving into the city as fast as possible. Doing a turtle defense with the IDF on Gaza is really a sure fire way to get landlocked into a stalemate centered around where the tanks are. I've ran one squad that moved very fast on foot through the city not making contact with enemies and slowly taking out 2-3 caches.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
        I feel like the key to Gaze is really you've got to have one squad that is just dedicated to moving into the city as fast as possible. Doing a turtle defense with the IDF on Gaza is really a sure fire way to get landlocked into a stalemate centered around where the tanks are. I've ran one squad that moved very fast on foot through the city not making contact with enemies and slowly taking out 2-3 caches.
        So, a surgical strike force?

:D
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Boooo....

Stick your day job of being a Rebel Alliance pilot. Is that one of the Y-Wing pilots? Or one of the X-Wing flight leads?

Comment

It's Wedge Antilles...

Antilles gained a considerable following from Star Wars fans, partly because he is one of the few minor characters, if not the only minor character, to appear in all three films, and survive multiple large battles without the use of a "character shield".
            I must say the small moving force is the way to do it but it has to be fairly small, say three people when it contains random players, to keep everyone moving.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Small, SOF type elements can't win the gaza map like they can on other insurgency scenarios. The AO is too small, and so the "zerg" is extremely reactive to contact. Gaza is a tough nut to crack... but it must be possible. The IDF team would have to have a communicative CO, uncommon leadership, and very high discipline, but it is possible. The plan I would like to try... entire team strong points the city from the west, and moves in together towards the intel marker when it comes in. APCs are used as they are intended, with inf screens (gasp). The heavy weapons platforms IDF has are the only real advantage in the city. An egress route would have to be held open by rear gaurd elements, and this is vital, because if at any point the IDF loses the advantage of aggressive action, and takes a defensive posture, all would be lost. After the cache is located and detted, pull out like prom night and reset the strong point.
              Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Its a shame none of the B-Wing pilots got enough screen time.

Back to the topic:

All Gaza is missing is civilians throwing rocks at tanks.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  Its a shame none of the B-Wing pilots got enough screen time.
                  Too true. It's like 15 seconds or something. B-Wing is such an interesting idea, too.

I...want to play Gaza. I've only played it twice, I think. I really like it, and I really like IDF, and I really like Hamas.

Did they tone down the epicness that formerly was the Hamas weaponry? That could help the IDF.
                  "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

I don't think they did. HAMAS still have ridiculous M16s that wreck everything close range. Their HAT kit is the best out of every faction, hands down. An RPG AND an RKG? With the M16? Orgasmic.

Comment

Plus Hamas can place hideouts, so no need for supply lines!
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Hideouts can ruin any IDF teams day. Because the city is so confined, has many tall buidings and caches can spawn in so many areas inside the city walls oh and did I mention that shredder has apparently outfitted the footclan with fully automatic weapons. So while teamwork and a stoic commander can get the job done, UAV spotting becomes a most difficult task on such a small map and it always seems like your just turning it around in circles because you've reached the edge of the map. From your sky window everything looks the same, there are so many units in sight at all times they might as well give the commander a 'youre surrounded' button. If the Hamas place 2-3 hideouts several blocks away from the cache and it's almost impossible to see where the ants are marching from. Even when intel is gained the cache approx. locations seem to overlap more often than any other map. So it's hard to tell how many Hamas you will be running up against strolling down the strip looking for weapons. Only to end up stopping by the Surplus to pick up a new pair of knickers because you've expelled your dinner from last night into your shorts after seeing the army of green ninjas swooping down around you.

On Archer or Karbala many can say they know where alot of caches normally spawn... but familiarity with where caches 'normally spawn' is shot to heck and back because it's such a new map. Even on lashkar despite how new it is, if a red cache marker appears in the hills you can guess it's probably in a building or cave 80%+ of the time. Real clever taliban leader. You hid it in a safe house surrounded by a desert. The cache marker appears in Gaza city limits and it's like.. Explitive! Great we now know the cache is in one of these 25 buildings with multiple floors. But it's not like they even need to visit the cache. Their main has crates to get weapons from, their mosque has weapons kits but why even use them because within minutes we're all going to be wearing the iconic hats of our enemies and waiting for them on rooftops with Reflex scopes anyway.

If for any reason this sounds like I'm being bitter I'm not. I am just acknowledging the asymmetrical beauty that is GAZA. It is, if not one of my favorite new maps. And I hold any team that can muscle a 'Win' from the Hamas in the highest respect. It's a good feeling.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

The easy solution would be to have the markers be closer on 1km maps, but the gaps on some maps is the real problem in balancing a standard between maps.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

I actually managed to get in and out and take out a cache last night :), but I was only seeding the server it was 10vs10 or something.

Comment

Hamas has a larger spending balance which enables them to procure weapons on the black market (PLO, Yassar Arafat leaving some money in his will, foriegn aid from Syria etc etc etc). Like the AK-47 the AR-15 and its modifications are also able to be found on the black market. Plus with their location being in an urban environment as opposed to rural hills and desert plains these weapons can stay hidden and unnoticed until the point of attack begins.

Lets just hope they don't get too advanced and procure SCUD missiles like their cousin hezzbolah.

Part of me wishes that the tanks would position themselves on the peninsula or across the water on the long island to the beautiful beachfront property and use HEAT on ALL of the buildings which can be destroyed. Just blast away. Instead of sitting and waiting. Its a perfect way to give the Hamas side less area to hide in, expose them more by blasting the walls, maybe even finding an unknown cache, etc. I shall do it the next chance I get on Gaza with tanks as an option.
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...