Roleplaying in PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roleplaying in PR

So over the next few days I think I'm going to try something new: Roleplay squads. If you see one of these and join it, expect to do a few things:

Don't talk when you're dead. None of this "MEDIIIIC!" crap on voip, and 'There's an enemy over my body, watch out!'. You got shot. In the throat. Now you're hurt and can't talk. :) If you want to gurgle on mumble like, once.. that's fine. But otherwise shut up :P No clicking the mouse to call for a medic either.

Actually act like a soldier. Talk like a soldier. Follow orders like a soldier would. Perform like a soldier.
    (Take kits without asking and get kicked. Wander off on your own and get kicked. Go off on your own so much as ten meters without asking and get kicked. I know it seems harsh, but gotta maintain the atmosphere.)

We don't metagame. In real life you don't have a scoreboard.

Whisper on mumble when enemies are close. I mean, why not?

Don't use squad chat except for discussing "Out of Character" things such as where to spawn, kits to choose, etc. Thus, you'd better be on mumble unless you feel like playing a mute soldier. (Please don't.)

I'm sure I'll think up some other interesting things for you to do, but you get the idea. Maybe we could do a password night at some point in time where this was the object.

Re: Roleplaying in PR

OMFG i'm drubnk AND I WANT to reisistand fight this
    But it sounds so Efen cool i want to do it at the same time.
    I will be enforcing the " no talking when you are dead rule", the same way i am a total and complete dick if you switch teams and try to give me intel.
    Question: .... what is the maximum duration on dead guy mumble gurgle noise ?
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Last time i checked this isnt Arma 2...

Comment

Originally posted by xsoldier1007 View Post
        Yeah, I don't care. Don't join my squad if you don't want to do it :)

Conveniently labeled "Mumble RP" just for you. <3

Comment

Originally posted by xsoldier1007 View Post
          Ironically enough I've seen more stringent rules on the PR servers more then A2's.

Comment

i wouldnt be able to do it, in real life i would want to choke the **** out of a lot of people if they worked for me. i can see the point of it, but without the military training a lot of people would be lacking, questioning orders and what not.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Notably there's a difference between playing pretend and actually being a soldier, ankyle.. the latter I'm not asking for, what I mean is to have an in-character environment in the squad. Just something I'd like to try here.

Comment

yeah i know, i think it would hurt the team over all, but i would still join the squad because youre one of the better SL out there.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

On the contrary I think we'd do just fine for the team. Good discipline, less comms(Mumble is quieter).. and a bit of roleplayed fun. What's not to like? ;)

Unless that's not your thing, of course.

Comment

i usually already hate it when ppl use the in game comms(Q button) when there is enemy around. sure ill join as it is kinda how its supposed to be played. dont agree that u should not call for medic once just to know where the guy is at but ill deal with it.

Comment

I think this might be fun but I wouldn't be able to adhere to it because this is a game and I am going to play it like a game:)

Also I have a request to make. When around friendly squads please use squad VoIP instead of mumble because it is annoying to have to listen to what an other squad is talking about so please out kindness to people around you don't roleplay that bit, thank you
                      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
                        I think this might be fun but I wouldn't be able to adhere to it because this is a game and I am going to play it like a game:)

Also I have a request to make. When around friendly squads please use squad VoIP instead of mumble because it is annoying to have to listen to what an other squad is talking about so please out kindness to people around you don't roleplay that bit, thank you
                        Please ignore Katanama's request, I would much rather listen to people talking as a psuedo military squad than 'mumble mumble'. :D

Last night we had several squads on Iron Ridge talking in mumble primarily to organize a push, it was great.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                          i usually already hate it when ppl use the in game comms(Q button) when there is enemy around. sure ill join as it is kinda how its supposed to be played. dont agree that u should not call for medic once just to know where the guy is at but ill deal with it.
                          it would be great if they got rid of the Q communications to force people to use mumble.

Comment

Does this mean I have to start every request with "Sir!"

It looks good on paper but it's going to be hard to do. If you can do this I congratulate you.

Though in my opinion, I wouldn't bother doing this because of the conflicting problems, but hey, I'm not the "doing" kind of person.

sigpic

Comment

i think star just wants it to be as real as the game can possibly be. I mean it is called project reality.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X