Mumble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumble

If i hear another "mumble check", "mumble mumble", "which team is this", I am going to come to your house and burn your headset.

Get into mumble, get in game and check the names. If u still need reassurance ask in game chat and someone might just answer.

thank you!

Re: Mumble

But that's how you play the game of Mumble! You sneak up behind somebody who is extremely busy in a firefight or something, then scream as loud as you can "MUMBLE MUMBLE".

If they are not yelling at you then you win!

Comment

I dont see the problem.
      Why do you get so bugged by somebody asking what team it is?
      Its not like he starts to ramble about the weather or why bananas is the proof that god created man..
      Just answer what the question and it will be out of the way.
      And doing a Mic/Mumble Check when loaded in and spawned on the server is completely legal as he wants to know if his mic/mumble works.

Comment

mumble mumble is better than "hey could you help me out?" "hello?" "hellllooooooo?"

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by Donrhos View Post
          I dont see the problem.
          Why do you get so bugged by somebody asking what team it is?
          Its not like he starts to ramble about the weather or why bananas is the proof that god created man..
          Just answer what the question and it will be out of the way.
          And doing a Mic/Mumble Check when loaded in and spawned on the server is completely legal as he wants to know if his mic/mumble works.
          well off course if one or two asks then fine i dont mind. but if its contantly happening it becomes an annoyance, especially if your trying to figure stuff out with your sqd and that "mumble mumble" distracts you or make u not able to hear what other ppl are saying.

Comment

Sure, individually a single person asking which team it is in mumble isn't bad, but when it happens often and is accompanied with people who got disconnected or sm kicked complaining and sometimes continuing a conversation with everyone in game that everyone on their team has to listen to one side of people who become unlinked by flying high, etc it gets old fast. Besides, the mumble channel itself has a big statement on the left to not talk until in game right? If they can alt tab to change while loading they can ask in text in game if they don't recognize the players on their team.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

"Yeah john, I'll be back in a sec"
              "no, thats not true, I just gotta go pee"
              "john, I still love you, don't say such things"

I'm not sure what annoys me more, the noise or the fact I can only hear one half of the convo!! :D

Its no skin of my noise if someone says "team please?" its conversations that need to stop :)

Comment

I just hate mumble in general. Too much crap going on - in game chat systems work just fine enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by l4mbch0ps View Post
                  I just hate mumble in general. Too much crap going on - in game chat systems work just fine enough for me.
                  not for SL's. game chat is slow and if u need a way to relay the info quickly mumble is the only way to go. by writing it down in chat, by the time ure finished the info might not be relevant anymore or an enemy strolls along and shoot you while youre typing(not cool)

Comment

There's only 1 thing that annoys me about mumble. And that is when it hits 1:30 secs to go in the counter everybody should shut their faces so we can coordinate with our squads.

Comment

Is it the new moon already?

Comment

Originally posted by l4mbch0ps View Post
                        you are missing out. being able to communicate effectively with those surrounding you helps greatly in combat. would you rather type out that there is inf moving along the east side of the building or relay that info verbally and save your skin?

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I don't get to play PR nearly as much as I used to, and certainly not near as much as I'd like to, but sometimes it is easier to ask in mumble than comparing mumble to TAB game names, especially depending on each individual's gaming rig, and their experience in the community. I personally have a few friends that won't play PR or use Mumble again because of a bad experience that they had with people giving them grief, even though it was their very first time using the pr/mumble setup, and mumble itself just happened to be glitchy that night. This bummed me out and I think the community is missing out on a bunch of great players as a result, but I digress.

I'm only suggesting that you offer assistance before criticism. It might get you what you want faster than you think.

Ask them if they are new to mumble and if they know how to find it on their own. If they don't know, tell them. If they do know and they just want to make small talk, you are more than just in asking them to wait until they're in-game.

I will always check mumble once I get in game and make sure it's working; often times, it is not.

However, I do kind of hate it when somebody comes up behind me saying, "pew, pew". I don't know why that bothers me, but it does. On a lot of different levels.

Comment

I once played mumble and had PR running as well.

Comment

I would agree with the OP. Is it really that difficult to memorize (for 5-15 sec) & compare a couple of SL names?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X